Road Bridges now Immortal

GazAce

Hey good folks, seems after 2.7 update Road Bridges cannot be destroyed.. things are now made of Kryptonite. I put 3 x GBU38 into one & it just burned until extinguish, usually one bomb would do the trick. Tested Channel map & Syria   

Just used a 2000lb GBU-31 on this Bridge in image below & it burns but doesn't collapse. This issue needs looking at please  

Screen_210419_230935.png

Screen_210420_223450.png

Edited by GazAce
Further testing done
  • Like 2

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I guess dropping a bridge with 500-pounder was a bug that was solved. 😉

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Ha yea, 2000 pounders sure gonna be fuel taxing but still cant get mine to drop 🤔

Edited by GazAce
Retesting

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Can confirm, tried this on the Persian Gulf Map, set up an AI Hornet that dropped 4 x 2000 pound LGBs. Perfect hits, bridge is still standing with no scratch. 
(Burned for a while but went out). 

Definitely a bug.

Edited by Fisherman82

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this Road Bridge issue is going to be looked at or considered? This is a very real problem for ME tinker type folks like myself. When the Bridge is hit with a 2000 pound bomb or two it partially collapses after burning then doesn't register a hit within Triggers, so no result. 

Please check this one out ED 

Edited by GazAce
  • Like 2

Interestingly road bridges work fine for me. It's the railway bridge that does not register for the trigger and it's been reported for DCS Syria. @GazAce, do you have track?

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Thanks Gieras,

Just tried Rail Bridge on a bare Syria map this past min set in Triggers as Map Object Dead & yes the bridge does collapse but does not trigger any result. Same thing happens with Road Bridges.. partially collapses but no result in Triggers

Track File & images submitted from Rail Bridge test

Screen_210511_032109.png

Screen_210511_032126.png

Screenshot (127).png

RAIL BRIDGE DROP NO RESULT.trk

Screenshot (130).png

Edited by GazAce
Extra stuff

@GazAce as already said, railway bridge no trigger in DCS Syria has been already reported.

Do you have a track for road bridge?

Edited by Gierasimov
Link to report added

OK, I took the liberty to create a 15-minute mission based on the bridge from your track. 

Take off from Hatay and deliver 2000lbs JDAM. Trigger is set to activate message based on either part of the bridge destroyed (note: this particular road bridge is composed of two map objects, so you need two zones)

Then in the trigger I use OR to have the trigger activated when either part of the bridge is destroyed. 

Works as advertised for me. No issues activating map object dead trigger with single 2000lbs JDAM.

ROAD BRIDGE.miz

Thanks Gieras brother, I do recall using both bridges as well so obviously the Rail Bridge would cancel out the correct Trigger. I'll just cheat a little & place an Infantrymen under or on the bridge for the Trigger like I said earlier. Thanks again man, will lookout for the fix.    

• Like 1

Hi,

How do you know how many map objects house or bridge has? 

If you destroy both ends of the bridge, will that release the trigger?

If your trigger zone contains, say, three houses, do you need to destroy all houses? 

/Sture

Best Regards

Sture Smidt

DCS-flyer

Find me on Facebook

:joystick:

@Sierra1 It does not work like that. 

You need to right click the object and click Assign as... 

Then a zone gets created with that particular object ID and then it is that object that is considered for trigger. 

When you do that to certain bridges, you will see that zone gets created for only one part of that bridge and then when you click rest of bridge there will be two zones for that bridge.

You can download the miz file attached above (ROAD BRIDGE.miz) to see an example of usage. 

And also example here:

trigger.jpg

Thanks. 

Edited by Gierasimov
added example graphic
  • Thanks 1

There is also an issue with trying to destroy static objects. ie. I stuck 8000lbs onto a Command Center and doesn't die, only catches fire. I then tried "explose unit" in the triggers and same result. Same thing with One of the other structures so gave up.

-----------------------------------------------

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2

On 5/12/2021 at 12:15 PM, TheTrooper said:

There is also an issue with trying to destroy static objects. ie. I stuck 8000lbs onto a Command Center and doesn't die, only catches fire. I then tried "explose unit" in the triggers and same result. Same thing with One of the other structures so gave up.

@TheTrooper Was that command center from static objects, the green bunker with communications mast? 

I tested today and posted as well: 

Edited by Gierasimov
bug posted