DCS 2.7 Crash

TheMightyMirage

Using the "XTREME GAMING ENGINEZ" software, I reduced the GPU frequency to ECO mode, i.e. to 1830 MHz, I just made a 45-minute flight without crash DCS. Unfortunately, after disabling "XTREME GAMING ENGINEZ", the display drivers restore GPU frequency 1936 MHz. The card is overclocked at the factory.
Factory frequency should have:
Boost: 1860 MHz / Base: 1721 MHz in OC mode
Gain: 1835 MHz / Base: 1695 MHz in gaming mode
I have no idea why it comes default to 1937MHz?

Edited by Padonis

2 hours ago, Padonis said:

Using the "XTREME GAMING ENGINEZ" software, I reduced the GPU frequency to ECO mode, i.e. to 1830 MHz, I just made a 45-minute flight without crash DCS. Unfortunately, after disabling "XTREME GAMING ENGINEZ", the display drivers restore GPU frequency 1936 MHz. The card is overclocked at the factory.
Factory frequency should have:
Boost: 1860 MHz / Base: 1721 MHz in OC mode
Gain: 1835 MHz / Base: 1695 MHz in gaming mode
I have no idea why it comes default to 1937MHz?

there may be an explanation why DCS is bothered by OC. at least i have not seen any official reason. is there any harm to keep ECO mode enabled at least for DCS? at least for testing? it would be a good bit of data that the developers can use for trending. also maybe the silence means they know and have a fix in the works. OC is a good way get things faster. especially for those without the means to buy a new computer.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

45 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

there may be an explanation why DCS is bothered by OC. at least i have not seen any official reason. is there any harm to keep ECO mode enabled at least for DCS? at least for testing? it would be a good bit of data that the developers can use for trending. also maybe the silence means they know and have a fix in the works. OC is a good way get things faster. especially for those without the means to buy a new computer.

Of course not a problem, if it gives me stable DCS operation, and the graphics card works stably and consumes less power, it does not bother me.

• 5 months later...

Started this morning, constant crash, it was running fine yesterday, nothing obvious updated..

Can do everything within the editor, viewer etc, as soon as I hit the "Fly" button..........crash

I cleared my attachments folder and forgot this was in that !!

I ran a repair on my system, and it got rid of a lot of the backend errors that had nvwgf2umx.dll Thunk or something like that

It's still crashing when I try to enter the sim, no warnings, no errors, just a straight crash

dcs.log

dcs.log

Edited by Oban

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

This was one of the old ones..

And the reference to Thunk is back.. will uninstall the GPU driver and install an older version

dcs.log.old

dcs.log

Edited by Oban
adeed latest crash log

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit