Beat method/order to reinstall dcs and mods from scratch Please help

BlacleyCole

this will be a single user/mode to begin with so until I completed the single user stuff I’m not concerned with the multicrew or multiple server mods.

this will hopefully correct most of the problems I incurred my last time out trying to do everything at once.  I learned the best flow for dcs was select your aircraft in my case the huey, then fly all the tutorials that come with dcs and any other training tutorials that either expand on the internal ones or are not included in dcs.  So now you can fly your aircraft. Fly all the missions included and or purchased or downloaded this will inhance your ability in the aircraft.  Once you maxed out what you can do in single player mode move to server mode after learning and creating several single player mode missions each adding more realism and complexity to the next one.  On the server fly missions that fit in your ability all ways work your way up. In difficulty. The best option would join a flight training group where the run you thru a series of missions each building on the previous just like the flight schools. Once graduated or completed each level of training then find you a squad to fly with regularly.  They will have some intial training then once you completed that you’ll will be entered into the squads training regiment once you hit a trained level they will use you in that role until they feel you are ready to move on etc

But what I wish to do here is have a checklist type post for installing dcs and mod ‘addon inn a logical order that works time in time out as you might need them.  So please help. I have found that installing this befiore that can cause problems. I don’t recall the specifics as it was a year ago and one of the reasons I dropped out until now.

I am trying to get back in to FltSim and DCS.  I know the first step is obviously installing and getting DCS up to date . 

step 1 install and update DCSWorld

What would step 2 be install update and configure VoiceAttack and/or Viacom     
    Is this the next step it seems like the one for me since I’m going to need the fuctions for everything else. 

Let’s install all the single player mods and addon here first then we will do a section on multiplayer servers then finally squadron type mods in the third section.

Section 1 Single Player Mode:

A) install Digital Combat Simulator

a) Setup DCS by updating either the beta or full version to the latest version

b) configure DCS for you machine and equipment 

** at this point you should be able to fly DCS with your hotas and keyboard with mouse not to immersive is it.

B} install VoiceAttack     
         a} train speak module

b} build your voice functions one at a time starting with simple one first the next the more complex functions and finially the most advanced functions.

c) install Viacom      
         d) learn Viacom     
         e) tweak Viacom 

* mods I own at one time were VoiceAttack,Viacom, combat flight, lotatc, ovgme  plus others I can not recall right now.  

* my mistake last time was I jumped in both feet first and not doing it a step at a time and I know the former wasn’t the correct way to go do it a step at a time.  This time I hope to learn the better and correct way. 

please add your input if it is applicable I’ll add it to the checklist with your credit applied.  So please help in a positive way.  I realize this may not be for you but it might be handy if you have an unreversable system crash or a buddy seen you fly and wants his on setup and trying to remember what order to add what addon/mod. I’m sure very few will follow my training plan. But I tried going from taking the huey off flying it around and landing to multiple player servers and joining a squadron or two to find out I was out of my element. The squadron is there to teach you to fly with them the way they do it not the stuff you should have learned in single player mode.  Think of single player mode at the worst your flight school the missions and stuff as your second level training. IMO the basic , intermittent and advance flight training missions were available for each airframe that would be great do single player tutorials, training missions the if possible 3rd party training missions then go on the multiplayer server and practice practice practice that how you get totyour goal.tyia 

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.