MiG-15 mission 1 - no ground crew response in 2.7

ralgha

I love this campaign so I went to try it from the beginning with the new clouds in 2.7, but I didn't get very far.  I called for ground power on mission 1 in the MiG-15 and there was no response.  The F10 map showed Anapa as neutral but the mission editor showed it as red.  Huh?

Based on this thread I tried adding 10 Russian tanks nearby in the ME.  Then Anapa showed up red in-sim and I got a ground crew response.  So for some reason, the airfield doesn't seem to have enough red forces around for DCS to consider it properly red.  I didn't see any non-red forces around so I'm not sure why, but it seems this mission needs a little help to work again out of the box.

I checked the first F-86 mission and the second MiG-15 mission and neither of them had this problem.  I also tried creating a minimal test mission from scratch where I just added one cold start red MiG-15 to Anapa, and that worked fine.

• Like 1

No problem.  Thanks for sticking with us all these years!  I ended up flying the first two missions and had a great time.  Well, until I plowed it into the water trying to hit one of those darn speedboats. 🙂  I'll be back for them next time I get a chance to fly.  The new clouds really do add a lot to the experience.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm disappointed.  I think ED missed my email to them as I never got a response.  I re-sent it yesterday morning, but by that time I think it was to late to make it into the new build.  I'm sorry.  I'll keep trying.

• Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

If @Hags or anyone else wants a workaround until the fix is properly released, this worked for me (thanks to Ralgha for the suggestion):

• Open the mission in the Mission Editor ([DCS install folder]\Mods\campaigns\The Museum Relic\MR campaign 1.miz)
  • Zoom in to Anapa airport and find the black circle around it (the airport's capture radius)
  • Add a Red faction ground unit roughly 100m outside the black circle (e.g. a Russian BTR-80)
  • Give the unit a waypoint roughly 100m inside the black circle
  • Start the mission (you can't save missions from campaigns, but you can play them directly from the editor)
  • Wait 30 seconds or so, and the ground unit will capture the airport, and wake up the ground crew
  • Complete the mission as normal (this doesn't count towards the campaign progress, but you can score it as a moral victory)
  • End the game, go into the Campaign screen, and restart the mission from there
  • A few seconds after mission starts, open your communications window, and select the "Other" -> "Auto-complete" option to insta-win the mission
  • End the game, and return to the campaign screen, now updated to show you've progressed to mission 2.

Digital Combat Simulator 11_05_2021 07_28_00.png

• Like 2

@ZombieNinja     Dude, right on!   That will certainly fix it.   So what happened was that I used a static object near the hangar to depict a character.  Unfortunately, that static object is Blue, and has the power to thwart the ownership of the base, and cause chaos amongst the entire field, rendering everyone there clueless as to who owns what.  With your suggestion, the knight in shinning armor, that is the BTR-80 of yours, descends upon the calamity, and brings calm and order to those morons.  😛

I just got confirmation that the next OB patch for DCS will contain the fix.

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

• 2 weeks later...