Are the cockpit dimensions/neutral head position in VR correct?

I don't know if this is just me, but I still can't get use to the fact that in VR, the A10C feels like a cathedral hall compared to the more cozy spaces of the other cockpits. 

Is the A10C cockpit really that spacious? It seems just as cramped as the other cockpits in RL A10C over-the-shoulder pilot videos. Everything just seems sort of... blown up? Like the switches are massive, the MFDs seem bigger than those on the Hornet. Not sure if this is a RL optical illusion or something, but everytime I fly, I'm always wondering if this is what the real cockpit is like, just cause everything seems so big.

Edited by WelshZeCorgi

• WelshZeCorgi changed the title to Are the cockpit dimensions/neutral head position in VR correct?
  • ED Team

Hi, 

the cockpit dimensions are correct. 

maybe you need to have a play around with the PD setting in the VR settings tab. 

If you enable it you can adjust the value while in the cockpit to get it how you like. 

hope that helps

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The real A-10C cockpit is huge. Consoles are twice as wide as other aircraft such as the F/A-18C.

• Like 3

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 11:37 AM, WelshZeCorgi said:

I don't know if this is just me, but I still can't get use to the fact that in VR, the A10C feels like a cathedral hall compared to the more cozy spaces of the other cockpits. 

Is the A10C cockpit really that spacious? It seems just as cramped as the other cockpits in RL A10C over-the-shoulder pilot videos. Everything just seems sort of... blown up? Like the switches are massive, the MFDs seem bigger than those on the Hornet. Not sure if this is a RL optical illusion or something, but everytime I fly, I'm always wondering if this is what the real cockpit is like, just cause everything seems so big.

If your VR headset have camera overlay, you can actually measure the virtual cockpit with tape measure.

• Like 1