CCIP inaccurate and bouncing

LazyBoot

The CCIP cue is jumping because you are using AGR against rough ground. So by aiming upwards to the very tip of a mountain. you are inviting the computer to attempt to cue you onto the mountain or behind it, jumping quickly between the two. 

In future, aim to bomb downwards onto the target. Helps the AGR range better.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

I think the more pressing concern is that the CCIP cross is present with a designated waypoint.  This should not possible for bombs, and needs to be fixed.  If there is a designation, there is no CCIP cross, CCIP mode acts like AUTO until undesignated, at which point it reverts to CCIP.  This seems to happen when you cycle the mode from AUTO to CCIP with a designation, but could happen at other times, such as when the FLIR is tracking and you undesignate.  The FLIR continues to track when it should go into a stabilized snow plow.  

• Like 1

• ED Team
On 4/23/2021 at 6:10 PM, Mo410 said:

I think the more pressing concern is that the CCIP cross is present with a designated waypoint.  This should not possible for bombs, and needs to be fixed.  If there is a designation, there is no CCIP cross, CCIP mode acts like AUTO until undesignated, at which point it reverts to CCIP.  This seems to happen when you cycle the mode from AUTO to CCIP with a designation, but could happen at other times, such as when the FLIR is tracking and you undesignate.  The FLIR continues to track when it should go into a stabilized snow plow.  

This is already reported, please keep the bug reports on topic. thanks

On 4/19/2021 at 8:20 PM, LazyBoot said:

original video was from a 3 hour mp session, here's me recreating one of the runs that had issues using an air start

hornet-ccip.trk 1.48 MB · 7 downloads

It is the wrong attack for a hill top, you are essentially coming in level and the CCIP is doing its best to calculate the terrain. And as Swift says the CCIP is trying to calculate the top on the elevated area and behind when you reach the top, it is inviting errors. 

A 45 degree attack run would have been better.  

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2