After Carrier Landing, Cannot Use Autopilot???

tmansteve

Thought I would try the Auto Carrier Landing to see how it feels. Set it up, then decided to land her normally. After connecting to the CAT for takeoff, I noticed the Landing Check light still on. I also had to use RShift + U to get the CAT to operate. While in the air, I couldn't use Altitude Autopilot. Is there a way to reset it so I can get AP/Ref back or is this a bug?

Landed at airfield and still Landing Check light stayed on.

Possibly related - I've mapped my brake lever to both brakes, and (with only a small pull) to toggle the autopilot-on switch. After landing (and braking, which switches AP on while on the ground), I have to use the mouse to reset the autopilot-on switch before the keybinding or brake-lever toggle will work again.

Maybe you can try using the mouse to toggle the switches and see if that works?

Edited by Nobody Special

http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/cockpit.html#vertical-display-indicator-vdi

Landing Chk is just advisory light that tells you that carrier is ready for ACL and you should prepare for landing.

Default Lshift+U launches you from the cat - that's all fine.

To use Alt Hold AP turn AP off. Set AP mode to AltHold. Make sure all SAS are On. Keep straight and level, turn AP On then NWS/AP button.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria