End Mission button not working

RWC

Hi guys,

i have been flying the Hornets nest campaign where ive come untill mission 8, and the update came out and updated. Then after flying and landing mission 8 succesfully , now flown several times, at the end the ' End mission ' button is not responding and only highlighting. It seems to react to the mouse button , but not ending the mission. All the other buttons, like the save track ect., seem to work fine and respond. 

So in other words i can only end the mission by cancelling or loosing the succes and score and refly it again. The campaign cant continue.

I have tried the repair DCS to see if it would help, but no succes. The button remains unresponsive.

Anyone else experiancing this ?

Greetings from RWC11.

I've seen this problem before when the mission score goes over 100. I've not played this campaign, but downloading it and looking at the scoring it appears if you complete both objectives and land your score will be 150/100 which can cause a problem. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Clark,

thank you for this info. But it seems almost impossible to have the score below this and it feels less awarding when completing the mission succesfully. I will put this to the test and refly it ...... again :(

"Score" can mean two things here. I'm specifically talking about the score that the mission designer assigns for objectives, which shows up in the debriefing screen as the "Results" number. That's different from the "score" that DCS assigns you for killing units, which has no bearing on the campaign at all. 

Hi

Have the same experience with Pontus camp. After a successful strike and carrier landing. I get the mission update with new tasks, when I quit and try to end mission, nothing happens. I play the 2.7  version. Any suggestion or similar experiences?

Having same issue on Mission 4 of The Enemy within 3.0 Campaign with the A-10C II. I recently restarted the campaign and then restarted a second time when this issue happened. I also verified/repaired game files just to make sure that wasn't an issue. Kinda limits my ability to continue with it broken like this...

Hi guys,

seems indeed its a programming issue as i see this problem appear on several posts. Kinda takes out the mood to continue the campaign. I think we have to wait untill the next update although this recent update is so great, i will see if it helps to restore DCS with one of the backups and overwrite the new untill 2.7 is more stable in the next update. One can always update back to 2.7 if this doesnt work.

I'll keep you posted ....

signing off ...

New option posted by Buzzline :

Here's my maybe-fixed version of the script. Drop it in DCSWorld\MissionEditor\modules .  Change is on line 1118.

It may be enough to get you all to complete your missions.

HTH,

Buzz

me_logbook.lua

Many thanks Buzzline.... will try it (Y)

Edited by RWC
Text update
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 3:44 PM, fsktha said:

Hi

Have the same experience with Pontus camp. After a successful strike and carrier landing. I get the mission update with new tasks, when I quit and try to end mission, nothing happens. I play the 2.7  version. Any suggestion or similar experiences?

I experience exactly the same with Pontus.
Hope a fix is found soon, as of now campaigns appear unplayable.

On 4/21/2021 at 8:18 AM, rob10 said:

End mission button not working seems to be a 2.7 bug, not related to a specific campaign.  Some discussion on other threads that suggest it may be a logbook issue, but one way or another it manifested with 2.7.

yep  found  this  also in  any  missions  i use

On 4/24/2021 at 2:14 PM, theIRIEone said:

I experience exactly the same with Pontus.
Hope a fix is found soon, as of now campaigns appear unplayable.

Had the same issue on The Enemy Within 3.0 mission 19. Note that you can edit the logbook.lua and manually 'end the mission'. Not a very easy to do workaround, but at least you can progress the campaign ...

On 4/25/2021 at 6:02 PM, RWC said:

Hi guys,

Proudly reporting that the Buzzline fix worked for me and i could end the mission.

Hope it will for you too 

Yup, I can second that, works for all campaign missions I’ve done since applying it, including Pontus.

Thanks! 

On 4/23/2021 at 12:13 AM, RWC said:

New option posted by Buzzline :

Here's my maybe-fixed version of the script. Drop it in DCSWorld\MissionEditor\modules .  Change is on line 1118.

It may be enough to get you all to complete your missions.

HTH,

Buzz

me_logbook.lua 57.86 kB · 23 downloads

Many thanks Buzzline.... will try it (Y)

Thanks! It worked. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I would like to try and use the workaround for this fix.  Can somebody please give me instructions to use the fix provided by Buzzline.  I'm not a computer coder so I'm confused as to what I'm supposed to do.

Thanks in advance!

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, I just had this in the "Rising Squall" Campaign (Mission 2 - Defending the Rafinery from Infantery units). And because I thought its maybe just bad luck, I retried the mission. As I am a not very experienced I had to retry it a few times until I won. But unfortunately it was again not possible to click on "End Mission". All other buttons were working, but of course none of them safes the progress. Very disappointing. I'm not motivated to fly this mission over and over again 😞