TID Brighness to low!

DarkStar79

Its still the same problem in VR, I have Reverb G2.  That the brightness on the TID in daylight is way to low.  I cant see anything almost!   Is there any way to modifiy the value somehow so i can see the lines better??

Edited by DarkStar79

• DarkStar79 changed the title to TID Brighness to low!

It's like that since the TID changes from 27-01-2021 update.

I tried Cockpit Display Res both 256 and 1024 to no avail.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

7 hours ago, draconus said:

It's like that since the TID changes from 27-01-2021 update.

I tried Cockpit Display Res both 256 and 1024 to no avail.

Yep. TID took way worse direction after that patch. It's very hard to see anything clearly in 1440p screen. Font and those icons are too thin.

• Like 2

Yes  +1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

17 minutes ago, DarkStar79 said:

Or just tell us a workaround how to up the brightness on the TID?

Use this guide to install 2.5.6.59625.1:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/94816-guide-info-dcs-updater-usage-version-numbers-module-ids/

ie.

DCS_updater.exe update 2.5.6.59625.1@openbeta

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

For me the lighting seems off for a bunch of things in the plane. For instance the Phoenix Launch button in the backseat. As RIO I cannot tell at all if the light is on or off unless I actually stare at it while it changes. Really wish ED would leave lighting alone for awhile or at the very least, forward the lighting changes to the 3rd party devs early enough that they can adapt their modules to the changes before the update is out on public beta.

• Like 1

Yea, but there must be a easy fix to just up the brightness, like you can on other modules.  Maybe someone from HB can tell us?  Or just post a hotfix for us like DEKA are doing when there is a easy fix. Everybody should learn from DEKA, they are just awsome to handle bugs.

It cant take 2-3 months when the "bug" was introduced, to just make the lines brighter. Its such a easy fix! I can hardly play the plane in VR cause i have to zoom in all the time just to see everything on the TID in daytime. Its really enoying.

13 hours ago, DarkStar79 said:

but there must be a easy fix to just up the brightness

That tends to mess up colour representation. So fixing it is probably a bit more complicated...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

9 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

That tends to mess up colour representation. So fixing it is probably a bit more complicated...

I doubt that.  It cant be hard to just make the lines 20-30% brighter.  And its just on the TID also. HB are also completely silent about this, when its been like this for atleast 3 months.

Edited by DarkStar79

20 hours ago, Hawkeye91 said:

Really wish ED would leave lighting alone for awhile...

I would usually agree with this, but the latest update somehow managed to pull what we've been aching for in decades. For the first time in history, we have out of the cockpit visibility that resembles real life. Not just based on how far bandits can now be spotted, but under what circumstances. Shadows and reflections appear authentic, dynamic lighting as well. So i'd say good job ED! Keep 'em coming!

• Like 4

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

• 3 weeks later...

Im bumping my own post here. Im not even sure they care about this problem.  I havent heard anything from them in 3-4 months since this problem occurred.  HB really have to step up the game when it comes to fixing easy bugs!

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 3:28 PM, DarkStar79 said:

Im bumping my own post here. Im not even sure they care about this problem.  I havent heard anything from them in 3-4 months since this problem occurred.  HB really have to step up the game when it comes to fixing easy bugs!

The issue here is that this is not really a bug in the way it is being presented. You are using an exceptionally low gamma setting. We master at 2.2.
2.2 is the appropriate gamma level for the DCS renderer and tone-mapper.

It's possible the TID appears slightly dimmer in cloudy conditions now as the eye adjustment post processing considers clouds to be brighter than clear skies so we may tweak it a bit for the next patch.

On 4/20/2021 at 5:13 PM, Blinde said:

Yep. TID took way worse direction after that patch. It's very hard to see anything clearly in 1440p screen. Font and those icons are too thin.

Nothing was (intentionally) changed about the way we render fonts, lines or anything else on the TID or otherwise. Are you certain of this and not a change in settings?

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Not sure it is a gamma issue, but if it is, would it be possible to add displays for lower gamma settings
in special options?

Most friends Im flying with are lowering the gamma from default. Technically gamma 2.2 should
be correct and optimal, but somehow it does not present well during daylight flying in DCS.
Value 2.2 is good for night missions, but for daylight missions the sweetspot seems to be around 1.8.
Again, I think you are right mastering at 2.2, but there is something strange in how DCS World handles light. 

For me, both TID and VID (at night with red filter) is dark and hard to read. Not experiencing the same
issue using other modules with displays in them.

Thanks for reviewing this.