[INVESTIGATING] TACAN course line bug

Brainfreeze

Sorry no track file.

When DESG is boxed under EHSD page, then if the pilot turns TACAN on / boxes TCN then no course line will display when the course line switch is operated.  The Dist to course line (bottom right of map display below the CRS heading) actually registers the changing course line and the scratchpad display show a changing course value too but the CRS display on EHSD does show a fixed number (i.e disconnected from scratchpad display) and no line is plotted on the map.

From there the pilot needs to turn tacan off using the scratchpad button or box WYPT on EHSD page and unbox DESG or press undesignate on hotas, turn tacan back on and then the course line will display again.

Got to be a bug or many pilot would have crashed the real thing 🙂

Edited by Brainfreeze
  • Like 1

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

If you have a map designation (DESG boxed) and select TACAN... To which one should should the computer assign the course line???  Don't know how the real thing works but I sure can see the conflict here.  Perhaps the bug is allowing both to be boxed at the same time!

4 minutes ago, Draken35 said:

If you have a map designation (DESG boxed) and select TACAN... To which one should should the computer assign the course line???  Don't know how the real thing works but I sure can see the conflict here.  Perhaps the bug is allowing both to be boxed at the same time!

the course line heading is changing on the scratchpad but not plotted and CRS indic on map display is also static.   It is a bug 

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

4 minutes ago, Draken35 said:

Not saying it is not a bug 😉 ... Just unsure in what the bug is...Anyway, it is a good catch and I hope we see an answer.

Yeah don't know how the real thing works either.  Would think TACAN takes priority since WYPT gets unboxed when TCN is selected so it becomes the  'nav point of interest' 😜

Edited by Brainfreeze

4 minutes ago, Brainfreeze said:

Yeah don't know how the real thing works either.  Would think TACAN takes priority since WYPT gets unboxed when TCN is selected so it becomes the  'nav point of interest' 😜

LOL Exactly! That's why I mentioned that perhaps the bug is allowing to have DEG and TCN boxed a the same time... 

• 4 weeks later...
  • myHelljumper changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] TACAN course line bug
On 4/19/2021 at 10:36 PM, Draken35 said:

The DESG is incorrectly modeled at the moment. 

The DESG in the EHSD should be automatically boxed every time a pilot performs a target designation.

To undesignate a target the pilot has two means, either press a NWS/UNDESG button, or press OSB 1 on EHSD to unbox the DESG.

This is reported in:

Now comes the questions: 

You have a target designation and you press OSB 5 to activate TACAN. Why should target and TACAN symbols get both the course line?

At this moment we have Steerpoint and Target Designation wrongly made, where both get the course line. So we already have not one, but two course lines on EHSD.

What should happen when the TACAN is enabled? We should get a third course line?

Likely we should have course line priorities as Waypoint -> Target Point -> TACAN and see only a one course line all the time. 

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 5 months later...