disappointed with Mirage 2000c INS Changes

CaptainRamrod1

Hoping Razbam and DCS Can change the way the AutoStart was previously to the last big update.  Now we have to do the INS align.  Honestly its quite frustrating.  When Auto Starting we are hoping for ease and I love flying this plane but Im having a hell of a time getting it aligned.   perhaps a video or possibly making the AutoStart procedure easier so we can be ready for flight rather then having to look up out longitude and latitude.    I'm just disappointed that I'm so confused and feel I can now not fly my Mirage. 

I hope they don't, instead. We should strive for the most realism we can, and this is in the right direction.

I honestly can't understand why you find it so difficult. Is there a specific use case where you cannot wait 1m30s to do ALCM? If not, you can align class 4 in less than 4 minutes. If this is too much to wait just set your plane to be ready on parking hot in Mission Editor, so you don't have to wait a single second.

If there's something wrong in the procedure instead, just ask and I'm sure we'll be glad to help you.

• Like 7

Hi, the instant alignment was removed and replaced by the ALCM alignment. We find this a more realistic and interesting option for the mirage.

We are sorry that the auto-start feature is broken this patch, but we already fixed it for the next update. It will require the ALCM special option to be checked.

Until next update I would advise you to choose the "parking hot" option in the editor if you don't want to do the full rampstart.

• Like 6

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

14 часов назад, myHelljumper сказал:

We are sorry that the auto-start feature is broken this patch, but we already fixed it for the next update. It will require the ALCM special option to be checked.

what if I'm flying a mission with "Force INS alignment" setting ? what would happen during autostart ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe the "Force INS alignment" is there exactly for that purpose, to force players doing an alignment. It was like that even before 2.7 AFAIK.

It's off by default, maybe you could contact your server administrator to know why he wants to enforce this setting?

• Like 1

Fast alignment was a nice option to have in multiplayer, that is for sure. But I actually didn't used it anyway too much - in nice weather I used low accuracy alignment, and it worked for me in VFR. I like to go all the steps anyway, as real pilot would. I like Mirage, it fits me, and I don't mind waiting those few minutes. 😉

• Like 2

On 4/19/2021 at 5:44 PM, myHelljumper said:

Hi, the instant alignment was removed and replaced by the ALCM alignment. We find this a more realistic and interesting option for the mirage.

Hello, can I ask for clarification on how ALCM will work? Will the only way to use it be through the special options for the Mirage?

Would it be possible to have a setting in the mission editor to determine if the jet is able to use ALCM? I ask because of its use in QRA. QRA would not be up to the pilot, but the mission planners, so I think the setting for ALCM works best as a mission editor option and I'd like to request that option exist if it does not already.

Thanks

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

- If the box "Fast alignment (ALCM) ready" in your special options is not boxed, you will always have to do a full alignment.
- If the box is boxed, but in the mission editor the box of the options for the plane "force INS Alignment and drift) is boxed, you will always have to do a full alignment (also drift will always happen, no matter if drift is disabled in the special options)

- If the box "Fast alignment (ALCM) ready" in you special options is boxed and in the mission editor the box of the options for the plane "force INS Alignment and drift) is not boxed, you can use ALCM.

To be sure, you can always look in your kneeboard.

full alignenemt cliten seitig.jpg

fast alignement.jpg

Edited by felixx75

23 hours ago, felixx75 said:

- If the box "Fast alignment (ALCM) ready" in you special options is boxed and in the mission editor the box of the options for the plane "force INS Alignment and drift) is not boxed, you can use ALCM.

OK thanks, so this means that ALCM is directly tied to the special options and not the ME.

This is a bit of an odd limitation, I had wanted to create a mission with a Mirage on QRA, but it looks in order to do this, you need to make whoever downloads the mission to go into options and change them. To me it makes more sense to enforce ALCM in the ME, so if it's not too much trouble I'd like to request this ME feature.

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

In real life, ALCM isn't used that often. It isn't the default alignment method.

After a flight, and plane will be most likely moved around by ground crew before the next flight.

The most likely case is when a plane is put in QRA. They would make a full alignment, put the plane in SBY...and then for alert take off they would do ALCM to gain time.

But that's about it. Normal operations = full alignment.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

2 hours ago, jojo said:

The most likely case is when a plane is put in QRA. They would make a full alignment, put the plane in SBY...and then for alert take off they would do ALCM to gain time.

But that's about it. Normal operations = full alignment.

Exactly, that's exactly why I'm asking for it.

If this can't be done the only alternative I can think of would be to share the mission as a track, and I'd have to do a full start up and then shut down the plane and then save the track and have other players take controller after that point, but that's a bit cumbersome.

32 minutes ago, Exorcet said:

Exactly, that's exactly why I'm asking for it.

If this can't be done the only alternative I can think of would be to share the mission as a track, and I'd have to do a full start up and then shut down the plane and then save the track and have other players take controller after that point, but that's a bit cumbersome.

Or just tell them to select ALCM option in M-2000C module options, no big deal. By default they will be able to start with ALCM.
You can still enforce full alignment in mission editor as mission designer if this is what you want.

Then in game the virtual knee board has an alignment page (as shown by felixx75)tell will them if they can do ALCM or if they need full alignment and the current position to enter in PCN.

All the possibilities are well thought and already there. 😉

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Full alignment is a pain in the *** in VR. Clicks are often uncertain, and last digits of coordinates don't show up.

I left the Mirage a few months and start over, but on 2.7. and on VR. Difficult.

In Red Flag campaign, mission 02 you have 9 minutes to start it all, including tchit tchats radio checks. Tried several times full alignement and failed. Succeeded once, but was a bit too late, so started to roll a few seconds before alignment complete, so the sentence was : no navigation (maybe in the panic, I forgot to switch the INS to nav)

Until, thanks to Jojo (our French M2K expert, and much more) I found and understood the ALCM procedure (and purpose) here. Very helpful.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Falken2 said:

Full alignment is a pain in the *** in VR. Clicks are often uncertain, and last digits of coordinates don't show up.

I left the Mirage a few months and start over, but on 2.7. and on VR. Difficult.

In Red Flag campaign, mission 02 you have 9 minutes to start it all, including tchit tchats radio checks. Tried several times full alignement and failed. Succeeded once, but was a bit too late, so started to roll a few seconds before alignment complete, so the sentence was : no navigation (maybe in the panic, I forgot to switch the INS to nav)

Until, thanks to Jojo (our French M2K expert, and much more) I found and understood the ALCM procedure (and purpose) here. Very helpful.

Which VR headset do you use? I'm on Reverb G2 and alignment process is fine for me. I'm also doing the Red Flag campaign at the moment and if I just go battery -> GPU ->radios ->INS alignment (then radio check after alignment has started) I always have the startup sequence completed within the last 60 seconds before my allocated taxi time. Although I can imagine if I still used my Oculus Rift CV1 (replaced last December) it would be much harder to read panels and do alignment.

I find after doing several missions in Red Flag, the process becomes almost muscle memory, and you'll remember the first part of the LAT/LON so entering should be pretty fast.

And yes always have a quick glance to the top right for the readout to ensure you entered the last two digits correctly.

Which VR headset do you use? I'm on Reverb G2 (..) And yes always have a quick glance to the top right for the readout

I have a Reverb G2 too. I still find it not that easy. As you say, it should improve after more practice. 

I  didn't manage to catch the digits readout at the top right : where is it ? Can you give a clue ?

With the recent autostart fix, ALCM is started early and you can choose the loadout and equip the plane in the meantime.

The whole autostart doesn't take much longer than the ALCM alignment then, this is great.