F/A-18C: Operation Cerberus North by Ground Pounder Sims

I am pleased to offer an early look at the first mission of Operation Cerberus North by Ground Pounder Sims, an in development campaign for the F/A-18C Hornet and Syria map.

Following on from the events of the new A-10 campaign ‘Operation Persian Freedom’, Operation Cerberus North will pit RAF exchange pilot David ‘Steep’ Hill and his new VMFA-232 squadron mates into a deep and immersive campaign set in Syria and the surrounding area.  OCN offers an incredibly detailed and immersive scenario, based on months of research and fully utilises the potential of the Syria map to bring to life the tensions and complexities of the region as well as telling a thrilling and engaging story.

Features of this deep and realistic Syrian campaign will include;

• Thrilling story that unfolds in detail over the course of the campaign.

• 18 planned mission to push your abilities to operate the F/A-18 in all mission sets.

• Extensive documentation and briefings, including a 92 page scenario ‘intelligence briefing’ and 26 pages of SPINS.

• Detailed deployment of forces around the map, including populated military bases, airfields, militarized Golan Heights and even refugee camps.

• Comprehensive air defence system, including the ‘Damascus MEZ’.

• Detailed Incirlik air base featuring a comprehensive custom ATC system.

• Customised JTAC system to allow more bespoke scenarios and attack control.

• Fully voice acted with several thousand lines of dialogue planned for the final release.

Edited by ChillNG
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Sweet.

• Like 1

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

This sounds EPIC!!!

• Like 1

NorthEastPilot,  USA

GPU: NVidia RTX 3090

Flight Gear: Thrustmaster F18HOTAS & Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs & Loads of custom SIMPIT MODS
Planes: A-4E, A-10C II, AJS37 Viggen, Bf 109 K-4, F-5E, F-14B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, JF-17, L-39, Mirage F1-CE, M-2000C, P-47, P-51D, Mig-15, MiG-19, MiG-21bis, Mosquito, Rafale, Super Entendard IV, & FC3

Terrains/Assets: ALL

Awesome news, always looking for some good campaign action in the Hornet, and now I can check out Syria as well.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just finished playing it and I must say awesome work and I am looking forward to the whole campaign as I enjoy the ATC and preparation component of flying more than the combat itself. So I am pleased to see such great documentation with it. Especially the Syrian Intel Doc.

Just two things with this mission. As I was approaching LTAG, I contacted Approach (COMM 2, CHNL 4), it went smoothly. Then when I hit the 50nm mark from LTAG, I was supposed to contact arrival but the F10 option did not appear. Tried some workarounds but they did not work. The next communication I recieved was flight lead telling me I was supposed to contact them. 

Second is more of a request. It would be better to swap station 3 with station 5 in order to have better visibility with the TGP. Ofc it does not matter in this mission but in the next ones it might.

Again a great start to a campaign and you have my attetion. Meanwhile I am going to check out your Operation Persian Freedom Campaign.

Edited by Arikaj

19 minutes ago, Arikaj said:

Just finished playing it and I must say awesome work and I am looking forward to the whole campaign as I enjoy the ATC and preparation component of flying more than the combat itself. So I am pleased to see such great documentation with it. Especially the Syrian Intel Doc.

Just two things with this mission. As I was approaching LTAG, I contacted Approach (COMM 2, CHNL 4), it went smoothly. Then when I hit the 50nm mark from LTAG, I was supposed to contact arrival but the F10 option did not appear. Tried some workarounds but they did not work. The next communication I recieved was flight lead telling me I was supposed to contact them. 

Second is more of a request. It would be better to swap station 3 with station 5 in order to have better visibility with the TGP. Ofc it does not matter in this mission but in the next ones it might.

Again a great start to a campaign and you have my attetion. Meanwhile I am going to check out your Operation Persian Freedom Campaign.

Thanks for the kind words!  Regarding the arrival comms at 50nm....did you see the info on the Hornet radio 'peculiarity' in the readme doc?  For some reason the radio doesn't seem to set unless you press enter on the UFC when on certain channels, on my testing I find that ch4 sets fine but ch5 won't be recognised by the trigger condition without pressing enter, providing the radio is set then the F10 option should populate once you're within 50 miles. 

Thanks!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ChillNG said:

Regarding the arrival comms at 50nm....did you see the info on the Hornet radio 'peculiarity' in the readme doc?  For some reason the radio doesn't seem to set unless you press enter on the UFC when on certain channels, on my testing I find that ch4 sets fine but ch5 won't be recognised by the trigger condition without pressing enter, providing the radio is set then the F10 option should populate once you're within 50 miles.

I believe you might be right! At the start when contacting ground I did not need to press ENT (just switching channels helped) so I forgot about the requirement of pressing the ENT button during the mission. 

I do not have time anymore today but I can check it out tomorrow again. 

After landing and RW23 vacated - no any instructions! I tried contact with ground (COMM2-Channel 1) - but the F10 option did not appear.

Edited by SMN

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

1 hour ago, Arikaj said:

I believe you might be right! At the start when contacting ground I did not need to press ENT (just switching channels helped) so I forgot about the requirement of pressing the ENT button during the mission. 

I do not have time anymore today but I can check it out tomorrow again. 

Nice one, hopefully all work fit for you this time...its a pretty annoying and erratic requirement but always seems to do the trick!

30 minutes ago, SMN said:

After landing and RW23 vacated - no any instructions! I tried contact with ground (COMM2-Channel 1) - but the F10 option did not appear.

Once you've landed and slowed below a certain speed you'll get the mission complete message.  I haven't added any further instructions after this.

9 часов назад, ChillNG сказал:

Once you've landed and slowed below a certain speed you'll get the mission complete message.  I haven't added any further instructions after this.

I have not received message "mission complete". I only received a message from Tower to vacate the runway. I think the reason is that I got only 90 points., not 100...

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

3 hours ago, SMN said:

I have not received message "mission complete". I only received a message from Tower to vacate the runway. I think the reason is that I got only 90 points., not 100...

Should have been a text message in the top right with a beep just after the comms from tower....either way that is the end of the mission, if you got over 50 points you competed successfully, score isn't applied until this point.  Few reasons you can get less than 100, following all ATC is worth up to 15 points, rest is based on mission performance.

1 час назад, ChillNG сказал:

Should have been a text message in the top right with a beep just after the comms from tower....either way that is the end of the mission, if you got over 50 points you competed successfully, score isn't applied until this point.  Few reasons you can get less than 100, following all ATC is worth up to 15 points, rest is based on mission performance.

I completed this mission twice (the first time 80 points, the second -90) and there was no text message "mission complete". But this is not the main thing! The main thing is that the mission is amazing! And I look forward to continuing!

Edited by SMN

1 hour ago, SMN said:

I completed this mission twice (the first time 80 points, the second -90) and there was no text message "mission complete". But this is not the main thing! The main thing is that the mission is amazing! And I look forward to continuing!

Thanks!  I'll double check about the message but glad you enjoyed!

Just finished this mission - absolutely fantastic!  Thought the ATC system was great and loved the attention to detail which gives a great sense of immersion.  Takes me back to flying out of Incirlik in the 90s on Provide Comfort and ONW!

Can't wait for the whole campaign.

Many thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tess said:

Just finished this mission - absolutely fantastic!  Thought the ATC system was great and loved the attention to detail which gives a great sense of immersion.  Takes me back to flying out of Incirlik in the 90s on Provide Comfort and ONW!

Can't wait for the whole campaign.

Many thanks.

Thanks, and if you've done it for real I really appreciate the compliment!

Just finished as well and absolutely loved it. The ATC system, attention de details as to SPINS and procedures (apparently I made too much noise on my missed approach and the commander wasn't too happy about it lol) are fantastic. Adds so much to realism and immersion. Looking forward to the full campaign. An instant buy for sure. Great job!

Edited by 5e EVC Chappy
Typo
  • Like 1

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

4 hours ago, 5e EVC Chappy said:

Just finished as well and absolutely loved it. The ATC system, attention de details as to SPINS and procedures (apparently I made too much noise on my missed approach and the commander wasn't too happy about it lol) are fantastic. Adds so much to realism and immersion. Looking forward to the full campaign. An instant buy for sure. Great job!

Thanks! 

4 hours ago, Mower said:

Excellent...will this final release be payware?

Nothing confirmed yet but that's the plan.

1 hour ago, Arikaj said:

It definetly must be, so we can later on have other campaigns with this style.

I've just released my A10 campaign as payware so I'm confident I'll complete this one to the same standard, just not approached ED about it yet but I will be before long.

• Like 3

Cannot wait. This is highest-quality product here. Just like Raven One by Baltic Dragon. Just as good, and the most immersive and realistic I've seen for DCS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Can't wait for this campaign. This is solid work. The level of immersion and realism is amazing.

• Thanks 1