F/A-18C: Operation Cerberus North by Ground Pounder Sims

31 minutes ago, pelton said:

Tried again with Easy Communications enabled (counter the player guide advice) and it’s working fine. Does that make any sense? I’m in VR and did auto-startup.
Loving the immersion but so easy to become overloaded with flying, navigating, communicating … never mind anything hostile happening!

Ok cool, easy comms always has the potential to mess up the radio triggers so bear that in mind...but if it's working for you no worries I guess.  Yeah task saturation and the pressure that goes with it is one of the the things I love about complex DCS missions, in the campaign I've tried to make even mundane activities like taking off and departure  matter, provide a challenge and keep you engaged.

• Like 1

Hi,

Mission two - As I approach Waypoint 1 where Devil 1-3 is loitering, the message to press spacebar to contact D1-3 comes up, but I havent been able to contact him even after pressing Spacebar ... anything else I need to do ?

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

44 minutes ago, Shack said:

Hi,

Mission two - As I approach Waypoint 1 where Devil 1-3 is loitering, the message to press spacebar to contact D1-3 comes up, but I havent been able to contact him even after pressing Spacebar ... anything else I need to do ?

have set  the correct  radio channel?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shack said:

Hi,

28 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

have set  the correct  radio channel?

Yep that's all it requires, the space bar command won't activate until the radio setting is correct

Mission two, returning to base, cannot contact RAPCON.  Tried multiple channels on COMM2, from 2 to 7, and in none of those channels does the F10 menu entry show up to enable me to contact.  So if I am reading this thread right, after setting a preset COMM, we have to hit ENT on the UFC?

Secondly, it took me a second read-through of SPINS to confirm "RAPCON" is INK Approach on the kneeboard/briefing docs.  My two cents:  If it is referred to as RAPCON via the audio and text instructions, it might help to have the kneeboard say 'RAPCON' specifically.

36 minutes ago, BlackRook said:

Mission two, returning to base, cannot contact RAPCON.  Tried multiple channels on COMM2, from 2 to 7, and in none of those channels does the F10 menu entry show up to enable me to contact.  So if I am reading this thread right, after setting a preset COMM, we have to hit ENT on the UFC?

Secondly, it took me a second read-through of SPINS to confirm "RAPCON" is INK Approach on the kneeboard/briefing docs.  My two cents:  If it is referred to as RAPCON via the audio and text instructions, it might help to have the kneeboard say 'RAPCON' specifically.

Yeah that's right, for some reason the radio trigger won't detect the frequency until you press UFC ENTER, it's not every time and on every preset but it's a good habit to do it every time.

Good shout on RAPCON 👍

Just purchased it. 

1. question: where are located the docs ?

2. I really struggle to understand well the radio message. I just finished the campaign of Badger and didn't have an issue with the comms quality. Any idea how I can improve the sound ?

thank you in advance for your answer. 

Kind regards, 
Cobra

2 hours ago, cobragva said:

Just purchased it. 

1. question: where are located the docs ?

2. I really struggle to understand well the radio message. I just finished the campaign of Badger and didn't have an issue with the comms quality. Any idea how I can improve the sound ?

thank you in advance for your answer. 

Kind regards, 
Cobra

Hey, thanks for the purchase!

Campaign docs are in your DCS install -->  mods --> campaigns --> Operation Cerberus North --> doc.

Not a lot more you can do with the radio sound itself, they're deliberately a little distorted to sound more radio like.  However volume can be an issue depending on your settings.  First make sure the radio volume in the cockpit is turned right up, then look at your DCS audio settings,  check your volume levels and see if the 'hear like in helmet' option is checked, play about with these settings and it might help boost the sound a little.

Hi!
I get different score for completing missions (97, 94, 89....)
Can I know what I did not correctly?
score.jpg

Edited by SMN

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

1 hour ago, SMN said:

Hi!
I get different score for completing missions (97, 94, 89....)
Can I know what I did not correctly?
score.jpg

For small drops in score it's likely a deviation from the ATC process, impossible to say what though without watching the mission, first 3 mission score breakdowns are as below, (first 50 points are awarded on mission start).  I don't have the break down for mission 2 anymore but from memory you have to stay within the low level route below a certain altitude and then correctly kill the training target with the JTAC.

MISSION 1:

15 points ATC

20 points for mission complete 

10 points for POS ID on Mig-21

5 points for avoiding SAM engagement zone.

MISSION 3:

ATC 15 points

RTB 15

No penalty flags - too close to Turkish coast or Syrian coast 10

Made intercept  5

No sams launched at you  5

@ChillNG - In Mission 4, I am apparently talking to Bravo6, but I am not getting any audio back.  I am only hearing the pilot's side of the conversation.  Everything else is "working" as the beep-text prompts are asking for spacebar confirmation.  (Being vague here as to not give out spoilers.)

Am I one the wrong frequency?  Or do I have a bug?

1 час назад, BlackRook сказал:

@ChillNG - In Mission 4, I am apparently talking to Bravo6, but I am not getting any audio back.  I am only hearing the pilot's side of the conversation.  Everything else is "working" as the beep-text prompts are asking for spacebar confirmation.  (Being vague here as to not give out spoilers.)

You need to find the right frequency Bravo on COMM2
You have to try it consistently 374 500...374 550....374 600...374 650 ....to 375 000, and you will find the right one 😀
I'm not write the right frequency here... it's easy to do it yourself. 😀

Edited by SMN
  • Thanks 1

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

2 hours ago, BlackRook said:

I'm guessing you must have ended up on the wrong freq maybe, just checked this part of the mission and all worked fine, got all the Bravo comms and full talk on.  You must have had the right freq to start with to locate Bravo's position and initiate the talk on (which from w hat you've said I'm assuming you did).  Most likely explanation is you accidentally changed freq after, which would give the one sided conversation you described, it's possible there was a line of sight issue with the comms or that Bravo for some reason died/despawned but impossible to say without a track or tacview.

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

Question  when  do you call for  taxi  after  engine  start  or  right  after   when  you call for  engine start?   Only  manage  to  get  taxi  clearance  once  and  the other  time  was   on  hold  at rwy  05.

Think the option gets added a short while after engine start (might be up to a minute or so but could be wrong), it gets removed though if you leave your parking space before requesting it.  Just watch out if you have to set COMM 1 to Ch2 for your flight comms as the press ENTER bug comes into play then, you will need to change the channel on comm2 and then switch it back to Ch1 and press enter on the UFC otherwise DCS won't detect the radio channel as being correct.  See the video in the player guide for an example of this.

I'll put a pic of it's location in spoiler box below.  Having just checked the mission to get this picture I've found out that the map has been updated by Ugra a little, the talk on references trees, these are no longer present!  The talk on will be updated for the next patch.

Spoiler

Screen_220406_130402.png

Edited by ChillNG

On 4/1/2022 at 3:40 PM, ChillNG said:

You'll probably see poorer frames around Incirlik as the base and nearby city centre be quite demanding, things smooth out a bit once you're airborne and on your way.

That's been my experience so far.  Once up in the air all is good and I'm playing it in VR which no doubt adds to the load. 

1 hour ago, Paul_Exotic said:

That's been my experience so far.  Once up in the air all is good and I'm playing it in VR which no doubt adds to the load. 

Yeah absolutely , I do all my flying in VR, so always aim to optimize for this as much as I can.

• Like 1

16小时前,ChillNG说:

I'll put a pic of it's location in spoiler box below.  Having just checked the mission to get this picture I've found out that the map has been updated by Ugra a little, the talk on references trees, these are no longer present!  The talk on will be updated for the next patch.

展现隐藏的内容

Screen_220406_130402.png

Thank you! I got 100pt

Hi
Mission 5. Additional task to rescue the A-10C pilot.
Only the GUN is available to complete the task?