F/A-18C: Operation Cerberus North by Ground Pounder Sims

2 minutes ago, SMN said:

Hi
Mission 5. Additional task to rescue the A-10C pilot.
Only the GUN is available to complete the task?

Depends if you used all your JDAM on the first task.  I imagine a lot will use both on the strike for weight balance, but if not it gives you a bit more punch on the second part of the mission.  it's still quite achievable with just the gun, the priority isn't to kill all the SIA fighters, just to disrupt them long enough for the Sandy flight to arrive with the real big guns.  They should disperse under fire so harassing them will slow them right down.  Just got to be careful as there will be MANPADS loitering.

20 hours ago, ChillNG said:

I'll put a pic of it's location in spoiler box below.  Having just checked the mission to get this picture I've found out that the map has been updated by Ugra a little, the talk on references trees, these are no longer present!  The talk on will be updated for the next patch.

Reveal hidden contents

Screen_220406_130402.png

I found the target purely by accident on this one, but couldn't get my line up correct so I just bombed him anyway... that JTAC was not impressed(which impressed me!). Hurt the score quite a bit but was still an awesome mission.

Now, mission 9, that one beat me up proper a few times before I completed it on the 4th attempt. Such an awesome mission. So glad there are tankers around, almost didn't make it but it was my own fault not keeping a better eye on my speed and fuel flow.

• Like 1

Any landing that doesn't require the jaws of life....is a good landing...

On 4/6/2022 at 7:12 AM, ChillNG said:

I'll put a pic of it's location in spoiler box below.  Having just checked the mission to get this picture I've found out that the map has been updated by Ugra a little, the talk on references trees, these are no longer present!  The talk on will be updated for the next patch.

No wonder I loitered and searched for 10 minutes and couldn't find it!

3 hours ago, BlackRook said:

No wonder I loitered and searched for 10 minutes and couldn't find it!

Yeah, real pain that.  I was concerned that the map north of Raqqa might  change with the last Syria update and the addition of the new bases.  Had a quick check after the update and nothing obvious looked out of place in the areas the missions were in, but guess they made some little tweaks here and there as well.

Mission 5
What does this message mean  - "You have taken damage, you can abort the mission via the F10 menu if you wish.  If you make it back to Incirlik the mission will still complete."
I didn't find any visible damage....
After this message I back to Incirlik  and get score - 97!

Edited by SMN

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

46 minutes ago, SMN said:

Mission 5
What does this message mean  - "You have taken damage, you can abort the mission via the F10 menu if you wish.  If you make it back to Incirlik the mission will still complete."
I didn't find any visible damage....
After this message I back to Incirlik  and get score - 97!

It's feature built into some missions that let's you abort at any point in the mission should you take damage.  Its triggered if your aircraft is registered as taking damage, if you couldn't see anything it must have been very minor.  If you choose to use it then it cuts through the rest of the triggers and let's you complete the mission where not completing tasks may otherwise break it.  If you are still operational enough to continue it can be ignored.

On 4/20/2021 at 3:30 PM, ChillNG said:

I am pleased to offer an early look at the first mission of Operation Cerberus North by Ground Pounder Sims, an in development campaign for the F/A-18C Hornet and Syria map.

Following on from the events of the new A-10 campaign ‘Operation Persian Freedom’, Operation Cerberus North will pit RAF exchange pilot David ‘Steep’ Hill and his new VMFA-232 squadron mates into a deep and immersive campaign set in Syria and the surrounding area.  OCN offers an incredibly detailed and immersive scenario, based on months of research and fully utilises the potential of the Syria map to bring to life the tensions and complexities of the region as well as telling a thrilling and engaging story.

Features of this deep and realistic Syrian campaign will include;

• Thrilling story that unfolds in detail over the course of the campaign.

• 18 planned mission to push your abilities to operate the F/A-18 in all mission sets.

• Extensive documentation and briefings, including a 92 page scenario ‘intelligence briefing’ and 26 pages of SPINS.

• Detailed deployment of forces around the map, including populated military bases, airfields, militarized Golan Heights and even refugee camps.

• Comprehensive air defence system, including the ‘Damascus MEZ’.

• Detailed Incirlik air base featuring a comprehensive custom ATC system.

• Customised JTAC system to allow more bespoke scenarios and attack control.

• Fully voice acted with several thousand lines of dialogue planned for the final release.

Hi,

The campaign looks great. Flew mission 1 successfully.

Mission 2 -Bombing Range: On leaving the range, you're asked to switch to RAPCON Arrival and use F10 to check in. But the F10 option does not appear. It's on 128.400 as I recall. I tried all the other channels and no F10 options there either. Can you help please?

Thanks, Cllifton.

UPDATE: Just seen another post regarding the same thing. Press the ENTER button to activate the channel. Thank you.

Edited by Clifton19
Ammendment
  • Thanks 2

I've noticed that damage is almost a sure thing if the Hornet is not off of the runway before it starts that downhill turn (the runway dips).  The FCS will try to fly the plane up, and in getting the nose high enough to clear the level horizon, it scrapes the exhaust on the runway, as the angle is too steep.  Thus, you take damage.

14 minutes ago, BlackRook said:

I've noticed that damage is almost a sure thing if the Hornet is not off of the runway before it starts that downhill turn (the runway dips).  The FCS will try to fly the plane up, and in getting the nose high enough to clear the level horizon, it scrapes the exhaust on the runway, as the angle is too steep.  Thus, you take damage.

Got to say I've never seen this in 90+ test flights for the campaign, nor had any reports like this from beta testers. Be good to know if this is something others have seen as well, always possible a new bug or DCS core change has snuck in and caused a problem.

So bought campaign as it looks amazing, I fired up mission 1 and sitting in the pit at 12 fps in vr with stutters,  any other VR users able to run this campaign?  May have to wait for the multi threading update on my end

8700k at 4.9ghz 1080ti 32gb ram. Quest 2.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

13 minutes ago, rcjonessnp175 said:

So bought campaign as it looks amazing, I fired up mission 1 and sitting in the pit at 12 fps in vr with stutters,  any other VR users able to run this campaign?  May have to wait for the multi threading update on my end

Hey, thanks for the purchase!  I tested the whole campaign in VR (Ryzen 2600, 32GB and RTX 2080) so not a massive difference to your system) and had decent performance.  The hangers on the Syria map have notoriously bad FPS (there's bug reports on Ugras sub forum), it gets better as you leave the hanger and a lot better once away from Incirlik.  But I too cannot wait for multi core, got a new system now and still on heavy missions you pay a price in frames.

Edited by ChillNG

1 minute ago, ChillNG said:

Hey, thanks for the purchase!  I tested the whole campaign in VR (Ryzen 2600 and RTX 2080) and had decent performance.  The hangers on the Syria map have notoriously bad FPS (there's bug reports on Ugras sub forum), it gets better as you leave the hanger and a lot better once away from Incirlik.  But I too cannot wait for multi core, got a new system now and still on heavy missions you pay a price in frames.

Right on, I’ll give it a go and suck it up until airborne,  Thanks for reply and ya multithreading please!

• Like 1

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

22 minutes ago, VDV said:

Hi, do  u have plans to make a supercarrier version?

Hi, not for this campaign.  There were a few reasons I didn't, primarily a few persistent bugs causing issues with AI takeoff when I started the campaign and also the default super-carrier comms clashing with the way I like to handle comms in my campaigns.  I plan to return to the super carrier on a later campaign, I've had a few people say they were initially a bit disappointed this one wasn't going to have carrier ops included, but I'm pretty confident in saying that people don't seem to be missing it.  Flying in and out of Incirlik offers a challenge all of it's own, and like I've said before...if where you land is the most interesting thing about the campaign, it's a boring campaign!

• Like 3

In mission 8 after I rendezvous with devil 1-1 he tells me to form up and go to waypoint 2. The first time I played the mission he kept peeling off and coming around to form up on me and then disappeared and the second time I just continued to waypoint 2 and noticed he was getting further away and lower in altitude so I flew to him and watched him crash into the mountains….I assume this is a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

6 hours ago, GhstRidr24 said:

In mission 8 after I rendezvous with devil 1-1 he tells me to form up and go to waypoint 2. The first time I played the mission he kept peeling off and coming around to form up on me and then disappeared and the second time I just continued to waypoint 2 and noticed he was getting further away and lower in altitude so I flew to him and watched him crash into the mountains….I assume this is a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

I'll check the mission later, there is a bug with the AI Hornet that can cause it to lock itself into a high AoA and crash, although I had eradicated it from all missions you never know if its crept back in.  I know folks have already got past M8 though and no one else has reported so I'll do some investigating tonight.

On 4/10/2022 at 6:42 AM, rcjonessnp175 said:

using  vr here  and  have  no issues, using  rifts  which is  the  version  before  yours   and  have  the  same  pc  specs  as  you have.   The  only  issues  i have  using  vr  is  in  some  missions  in  liberation which  is  to be  expected   of  whats  going  on  in the missions

Edited by pete_auau

5 hours ago, pete_auau said:

using  vr here  and  have  no issues, using  rifts  which is  the  version  before  yours   and  have  the  same  pc  specs  as  you have.   The  only  issues  i have  using  vr  is  in  some  missions  in  liberation which  is  to be  expected   of  whats  going  on  in the missions

Cool, thanks for reply.

18 hours ago, GhstRidr24 said:

Ok checked it out and I managed to reproduce, not positive why we saw it but others didn't, but most likely dependent on where Poodle is when he turns to push into Gold.  If he turns too sharp this is when the Hornet's AoA bug can appear, and if he's over the mountains he struggles more to recover because of the ground elevation.

Anyways I've fixed it and as its a potential game-breaker, to save waiting for the next update please find the patched version here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1k-UVUzwFmjCVL7RUL7XNA3bAiE0hme09?usp=sharing

just drop this file into your DCS Install > Mods > Campaigns > Operation Cerberus North folder and replace the existing M8 file.

Thanks

Edited by ChillNG
  • Thanks 3