[RESOLVED] Big problem with the cockpit and the reflections

mobile83

• 1 month later...

I see a very tiny plexiglass reflection now, as for the HUD. I feel i can put my hands through the glass, i don't like in this way.

Personally i'd prefer a more concrete effect, a bit more.

But it's a personal feeling.

On 6/26/2021 at 2:33 PM, myHelljumper said:

Hey guys, is this still an issue in the latest OB ?

In general HUD reflections seem improved/gone while in the air (not sure which ED patch toned it down) and are similar in strength between first and second runs of a mission.

However there's a strong HUD reflection the ground. IIRC it's dependent on the lighting conditions i.e. it's not usually as noticeable.

There wasn't a strong (any ?) HUD reflection until after landing.

Screen_210630_200139.jpg

After turning off all the lights and power the HUD reflection is still there, so it looks like a bug but perhaps not the same one.

Screen_210630_205654.jpg

Tested DCS Open Beta 2.7.3.8494

M2K HUD Reflections after landing, 2_7_3.trk

Edited by Ramsay
Add track file

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 6 months later...

Personally i don't like the way has been implemented now the plexiglass effect, too much transparent, incosistent. We know about these complaints about "dirty" canopy, but actually you can put your hands through the Mirage's canopy. May be we need an option here because we can't fix bugs, that are not bugs, just because people has a complaint about it.

I would like have the same effect we have now in F-14 front canopy, not much different from this pic.

e49caswt8ns01.jpg

ELR1nl7WkAEW83H.jpg

ELR1nlzWsAEaYsu.jpg

3OCkfl7DniaOHT3uppClrRGbNMh-X39Gg15DW_3kr6s.jpg

Edited by Conroy

It's currently not possible to make this modifiable via an option.

Actually, we did not change anything regarding canopy reflection properties for at least one year. Every visible changes come from DCS 3D engine updates. So we will likely wait everything to be stable before tuning the cockpit reflections.

• Like 1

• myHelljumper changed the title to [RESOLVED] Big problem with the cockpit and the reflections