P47 2.7 radios

71st_Mastiff

radios not working in Instant Action missions with wingmen.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 1 month later...

Found the same problem.
I'm new to the warbirds (bought all of them) and I can't seem to communication to Wingmen/Flight since 2.7 update. A friend told that you have to use "Easy Communication" but that isn't working either.  The Comms Menu for all Instant Missions for the P-47 (and I think others also)
F1. Wingman
F2. Flight
F3. ATC
F12. Exit

Edited by MRSHADO

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

• 2 months later...

I tried two P-47 Instant Action missions, both in the Channel map, with wingmen:

1. FW-190A8 Furball

2. FW-190A8 Dogfight

In the Furball mission my wingmen (3 of them) did respond to radio messages. In the Dogfight mission the (single) wingman did not respond ever.

I checked both missions and in both the inflight radio frequency was set to 105 MHz and 105 MHz was assigned to channel "A".

So mission settings are probably not the cause of the problem.

And we cannot say that Wingmen radio comms fail generally with the P-47D, because it worked in the furball mission.

In order to (hopefully) find out what makes it fail, you guys need to provide more specifics; especially on which mission it fails or works.

Note: I have observed that wingmen sometimes respond and sometimes don't, when I fly other warbirds. So the problem might not be related to the P-47D but to AI wingmen in general.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I think I have found the culprit, it's in the mission's radio settings for the Player's flight.

Open one of the defective missions and select the aircraft group of the player's flight.

The checkbox between the labels "Radio" and ""Frequency" needs to be ticked in order to enable radio communications. In this mission ("P47-Channel-Fw 190 D9 Dogfight") the checkbox is not ticked and therefore radio communication is not enabled. So the problem is easy to fix: just tick the checkbox and save the mission.

Now, if ED does not fix it in the published version, your change will be lost in the next update. You can prevent this in two ways:

1. Save the corrected mission with a modified name (e.g. include your initials in the file name)

2. Save the corrected mission under "Saved Games"

@NineLine: please report. This should be checked and corrected in all published missions!

Radio Settings.jpg

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 4:23 AM, LeCuvier said:

I think I have found the culprit, it's in the mission's radio settings for the Player's flight.

Open one of the defective missions and select the aircraft group of the player's flight.

The checkbox between the labels "Radio" and ""Frequency" needs to be ticked in order to enable radio communications. In this mission ("P47-Channel-Fw 190 D9 Dogfight") the checkbox is not ticked and therefore radio communication is not enabled. So the problem is easy to fix: just tick the checkbox and save the mission.

Now, if ED does not fix it in the published version, your change will be lost in the next update. You can prevent this in two ways:

1. Save the corrected mission with a modified name (e.g. include your initials in the file name)

2. Save the corrected mission under "Saved Games"

@NineLine: please report. This should be checked and corrected in all published missions!

Radio Settings.jpg

You have the file path to that? i.e. how to find it. 

Thanks

Hoss

Edited by 352nd_Hoss

Sempre Fortis

8 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

You have the file path to that? i.e. how to find it. 

Thanks

Hoss

The original "Instant Action" missions are under "K:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\P-47D-30\Missions\QuickStart".

I save the modified versions under "C:\Users\hans\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions\P-47D\QuickStart".

Your drive letters might obviously be different.

LeCuvier