Game crashes randomly - mods are not the case!

skywalker22

I removed all the mods as well, and the game crashed 2nd time I did restart the custom mission (in there was only using Su-27 and F-15).

So this story about mods causing game crash IS NOT true at all!!!

I also installed the latest Nvidia drivers, and set all the settings of it to default.

It must me something to do with the game it self. Maybe are some graphics setting inside the game.

dcs.log-20210420-202848.zip

Edited by mitja_bonca
  • Thanks 1

• skywalker22 changed the title to Game crashes randomly - mods are not the case!
  • ED Team

Hi

lots of shader errors in the log. Try deleting your fxo and metashader2 folder in saved games dcs folder. 

the crash is the display driver, are you overclocking or does your card have a factory overclock?

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

lots of shader errors in the log. Try deleting your fxo and metashader2 folder in saved games dcs folder. 

My "metasharder2" folder is empty.  Is there suppose to be something there?

6 hours ago, Drac said:

My "metasharder2" folder is empty.  Is there suppose to be something there?

Yes, the folder is now emptied by DCS when you stop flying or exit the game. Fly a bit, Alt+Tab to Windows, and you will see files in this folder.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

14 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi

the crash is the display driver, are you overclocking or does your card have a factory overclock?

No overclocking what so ever, all default values.

Thanks, will do as you said, and let you know if its any better. Thx ones more.

16 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi

When I restarted my 1st mission I got the crash again. So this doesn`t help.

dcs.log-20210421-132811.zip

Btw, there is again 1 shader error in latest log file. What does it mean, and where does it come from?

Edited by mitja_bonca

What seems to help: rename the Options.lua file (located inside Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config folder) so a new one will be created. Dont forget to set all the settings ones again afterwards.
Thanks to @hornblower793

I was only passing on the learning from other threads, but thank-you

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Over 20 crashes in the last 72 hours.. no mods here. This SIM is virtually unplayable 👎

• Like 2

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

14 hours ago, SliderCDN said:

Ge Force Driver 466.11 latest vers

DCS new update today hopefully will help with these crashes 🤔

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

On 4/20/2021 at 11:19 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi

I've had the same problems randomly. Cancelled all mods, newest Nvidia drivers, no GPU overclocking, complete repair, none of them solved the problem. The only thing that solved it was deleteing fxo and  metashader2 (when the game is running) folder in saved games dcs folder.