Air to Air Refueling: Reference point below the tanker

Hello everyone,

currently i am trying Air refueling. Currently i cant really hold my position once i am below the tanker. As long as i fly behind the boom, i can fly straight behind it, but once i go below the tanker i start to sway left and right. I only connected like 4 or 5 times and i can only manage to stay one or two seconds connected, today was a new all time high with approx 4 seconds. My focus is on the lights on the front of the tanker once i am below.

My question now is, is there anything else i can reference when i am under the tanker? What do you guys focus and use as a reference point under the tanker?

I know my main problem is my lack of experience, i just want to know if there is something else i can do to make it easier.

Thanks!

• Like 1

In real life, there are antennas, panels, and paint markings that you could use as reference points.  Unfortunately, they are not modeled/textured.  For left/right, stay behind the yellow centerline stripe.  Vertically, when you see the PDLs in the center see where the nacelles intersect your monitor's borders and try to keep them there like probad said.