Bug reports

Is there somewhere I can read up on what the ATC expectations are after takeoff?  In the first mission, I'm able to secure a start-up approval, go through the start up, secure a taxi approval, secure a take-off approval, but once I'm in the air less than 20 seconds, I am dinged on an ATC violation and fail the mission.

Thanks

Edit, video link:

Edited by -Quetzalcoatl-
added video

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro | AMD Ryzen 7 5600X | 64GB 3200 | PowerColor AXRX 6800XT | VKB Gladiator | Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 | HP Reverb G2 |TrackIR

4 hours ago, -Quetzalcoatl- said:

I

Thanks

Edit, video link:

Hi, sorry if this has caused you problems, looks like you're using the wrong radio options, all comms are handled using the F10 radio option, looks like you were using the F5 tower option.  All triggers and flags are tied to the F10 menu so this option must be used.  Instructions for this are in the readme file with the campaign docs.  Also note the correct frequencies to use are in the campaign docs and kneeboard, don't use the standard frequencies you see on the F10 map.

Hope that helps!

Enjoying the campaign so far.  I’m only 4 missions in and have a couple things to report back.  On the 2nd and third mission either the clouds need to be moved to a higher altitude or the flight plan needs to be moved to a lower altitude.  The radio chatter talks about seeing explosions on an Iranian ship in one mission and the other one has explosions around the base you intend to land at and you can’t see the explosions due to cloud altitude.  Also in mission 4 my wingman was close to useless.  He won’t keep up with me in transit to the objective and at one point I told him to hold position while I attacked and he just left.  I also had to restart the mission with guided rockets to have a chance at getting the speed boats.  Also could a wingman command be added to help you attack the speedboats?  Finding the boats was most difficult, can a predator drone use an IR pointer so you could locate them faster with your night vision goggles on?  Just an idea. This is really a high quality campaign and really appreciate the work put into it and hope you make more campaigns as I will happily purchase them!

4 hours ago, Shimvolski said:

Enjoying the campaign so far.  I’m only 4 missions in and have a couple things to report back.  On the 2nd and third mission either the clouds need to be moved to a higher altitude or the flight plan needs to be moved to a lower altitude.  The radio chatter talks about seeing explosions on an Iranian ship in one mission and the other one has explosions around the base you intend to land at and you can’t see the explosions due to cloud altitude.  Also in mission 4 my wingman was close to useless.  He won’t keep up with me in transit to the objective and at one point I told him to hold position while I attacked and he just left.  I also had to restart the mission with guided rockets to have a chance at getting the speed boats.  Also could a wingman command be added to help you attack the speedboats?  Finding the boats was most difficult, can a predator drone use an IR pointer so you could locate them faster with your night vision goggles on?  Just an idea. This is really a high quality campaign and really appreciate the work put into it and hope you make more campaigns as I will happily purchase them!

Thanks for the comments Shimvolski!  Clouds have been updated and submitted to ED, hopefully updates will make it into the next patch/hot fix.  For the most part clouds have transferred across really well, just the odd occasion where the increased coverage creates a problem as you have found.  I'm assuming you're in the A-10C II, I've found the AI tends to struggle to match you for speed in the Tank Killer, which was never an issue in the Warthog - not sure what's going on there but it's not cased me any issues during testing.  I've not yet retested mission 4 since the update, I'll have a look at the wingman behaviour and see what's going on.  

Thanks!

Mild bug on mission 1.  When Davy tells you to fall in behind him and hit the target on the range, he does the drunken wobble around the sky trying to get on the correct attack heading, and it takes him several turns before he's in.  I suspect starting him out a little farther away might help?

Not a game breaker, and mission 1 was great otherwise!

Tacview-20210423-165037-DCS-Persian Freedom TK 1 trimmed.zip.acmi

5 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

Mild bug on mission 1.  When Davy tells you to fall in behind him and hit the target on the range, he does the drunken wobble around the sky trying to get on the correct attack heading, and it takes him several turns before he's in.  I suspect starting him out a little farther away might help?

Not a game breaker, and mission 1 was great otherwise!

Tacview-20210423-165037-DCS-Persian Freedom TK 1 trimmed.zip.acmi 636.82 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you, I'll take a look!

• Like 1

I keep getting ATC violation on Mission 1 at takeoff. I am definitely using the F10 menu options and staying within ATC Regs.

Is there a max climb rate or something similar?

Edited by SASCAT

1 hour ago, SASCAT said:

I keep getting ATC violation on Mission 1 at takeoff. I am definitely using the F10 menu options and staying within ATC Regs.

Is there a max climb rate or something similar?

No it's only related to climbing above a certain altitude without the three ATC flags being active.  You have to request clearance for startup, taxi and takeoff (all through F10 option as you have correctly stated), you must have done all three to avoid the fail message.  If you have any further issues then if you are able try and send a track file or link to a you tube video and I'll be to highlight the exact problem for you.

Edited by ChillNG

Thank you, I'll take a look!

Yep, I saw exactly the same thing, also noticed that the 30secs seems to start when he drops his bomb rather than impact. I hit the assigned target at 15secs after Gruman and received a fail. However great first mission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

On the atc violation are you sure you are taxing to the correct runway ramp?  In the video above I believe the pilot went to the final ramp at the end of the runway.  I believe when you taxi to the runway on the right that the atc directs you to the second to last ramp to take off.  It’s the one that is angled 45 degrees to the runway.

5 hours ago, Shimvolski said:

On the atc violation are you sure you are taxing to the correct runway ramp?  In the video above I believe the pilot went to the final ramp at the end of the runway.  I believe when you taxi to the runway on the right that the atc directs you to the second to last ramp to take off.  It’s the one that is angled 45 degrees to the runway.

Think I set it so you can use either, I'm mission 1 you get directed to the second to last one (the angled one) but the last turn off works as well...just in case anyone got lost...

I have done everything EXACTLY as per the instructions. Used the taxiway to hold point E and the to the very end of the runway to be sure.

I even tried following the YouTube video posted by creator Nobody!

Every single time I reach the end of the runway at about 1000ft and get a message that ATC violations and need to land immediately. 

Not sure how to attach a track file or video but after 20 attempts you’d think I’ve done something wrong that would be obvious. 

Sorry you're having these problems, it's obviously really hard to pin down the problem without seeing it, I'm not aware of anyone else having this as an issue they cannot overcome if following the instructions...so I would tentatively say its most likely something you're doing at your end...job is for us to figure out what.  I would suggest attempting the mission, when you get the fail message quit and then click save replay.  You'll find this replay in your saved games\DCS\replay (or track can't remember the name without looking), if its a small file you can attach on here or if its a bit bigger upload it to a google/one drive and post the link, hopefully that will show us what the issue is.

I have multiple bugs on mission 1

sometimes the airplane loses 1 engine during fam flight, other times my GAU won't fire on firing range. Everything is set in good manner so I have no Idea what causes it.

Any suggestion?

2 minutes ago, marseu said:

sometimes the airplane loses 1 engine during fam flight, other times my GAU won't fire on firing range. Everything is set in good manner so I have no Idea what causes it.

Any suggestion?

I had an issue with the Gun not firing, turned out I had assigned it to the Space key and because it is also used to advance some texts / commands in the campaign, there was a conflict. When I assigned it to another key all worked fine.

• Thanks 1

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

12 minutes ago, marseu said:

Any suggestion?

Hi Marseu, the gun not firing has cropped up occasionally before, as Oilman100 has said its normally a control conflict with the spacebar being the default for cannon as well as being required for mission interaction, I would suggest rebinding the cannon as we cannot alter the spacebar interaction command.  The engine out is nothing to do with the mission, there are no faults programmed, they are all disabled from the missions point of view.  Not sure how experienced you are in the Hog, so just throwing a few ideas out there...all boost pumps on?  Not pushing excessive negative G/flying inverted which stops the fuel feeding?  Not knocking a cut off key bind in error?  If it keeps happening I recommend checking in on the A-10 forum section, there's a lot more knowledge on there than I possess!

@Quetzalkoatl.

Is the ATC Frequenz not 131.500 AM ?

For me it works only with this Frequenz

In your Video AM is set to 126.500

@SASCAT

in the video from nobody he takes "E"

(the video is from Oktober 2020)

I think you must take "F"

PS:

Correction: "E" works also !

Edited by rforce
  • Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 3900xt 32 Gb DDR 4 NVIDIA RTX 4070ti

I am having trouble with Mission 9.  After killing the tanks as requested by Arrow 3 nothing happens.  No F10 menu items are available, no prompts appear to contact anyone, and no one contacts me.  I can circle around and around, even return to bandar abbas but nothing happens.  What am I doing wrong?

10 minutes ago, Riscorider said:

I am having trouble with Mission 9.  After killing the tanks as requested by Arrow 3 nothing happens.  No F10 menu items are available, no prompts appear to contact anyone, and no one contacts me.  I can circle around and around, even return to bandar abbas but nothing happens.  What am I doing wrong?

That's the second task isn't it?  Two tanks in Jiroft?  After killing both, arrow 3's convoy should set off into the city and start fighting their way through.  Can't remember the exact triggers off the top of my head so I'll check in a few hours when I get home but pretty sure it's just both tanks killed plus the correct radio frequency to continue.

There are actually three tanks in the vicinity.  The two that are the ones Arrow 3 is apparently referring to, and another one on a different road nearby.  Sometimes one or more are killed by friendlies but even with all 3 dead,  the four friendly tanks just stop on the road where the third one was and don't go any further.  Thanks for checking for me.  I look forward to the solution!

2 minutes ago, Riscorider said:

There are actually three tanks in the vicinity.  The two that are the ones Arrow 3 is apparently referring to, and another one on a different road nearby.  Sometimes one or more are killed by friendlies but even with all 3 dead,  the four friendly tanks just stop on the road where the third one was and don't go any further.  Thanks for checking for me.  I look forward to the solution!

From what I remember the third is just for 'decoration' and shouldn't affect anything, did you get any comms from arrow about them setting off after killing the 2 in the city or just total silence?

10 minutes ago, ChillNG said:

That's the second task isn't it?  Two tanks in Jiroft?  After killing both, arrow 3's convoy should set off into the city and start fighting their way through.  Can't remember the exact triggers off the top of my head so I'll check in a few hours when I get home but pretty sure it's just both tanks killed plus the correct radio frequency to continue.

Just now, ChillNG said:

From what I remember the third is just for 'decoration' and shouldn't affect anything, did you get any comms from arrow about them setting off after killing the 2 in the city or just total silence?

No, total silence.  

2 hours ago, Riscorider said:

No, total silence.  

So checking the triggers proper sequence of events should be...(let me know if you experienced all of these)

1.  Whiplash asks you to contact Arrow 3.

2.  Arrow 3 requests you locate 2 x T-72.

3.  You visually acquire T72s and respond 'Tally' with F10 menu.

4.  Arrow 3 gives type 3 control and you get a message on screen to kill both tanks.

5.  Once both tanks are dead a new option will be added to the F10 menu  (this trigger has both tanks being dead as the only condition).

6.  Selecting this F10 option with the radio set correctly for Arrow 3 (36.4 VHF FM) will result in removal of F10 option and player calling target dead on the radio.

From what you said it was point 5 where you got stuck?  I've just tested this section and all worked ok past point 6.  If stuck at point 5, based on the trigger conditions the most likely explanation is the tanks not being registered as dead.  If point 6 then I would say it's the radio setting causing an issue.

So to address point 5...first make sure its the correct tanks, although sounds like you did get the right ones (marked on the picture below).  Next, I've found in the past that the T-72 can take a bit of time to register as dead, not as long as you've described but I have seen the unit dead trigger not fire until a secondary explosion has gone off maybe 30-60 seconds later.  Not sure if this is a factor here but it's worth being aware of.  Only other thing would be a random one off DCS glitch, but again not sure how likely this is.  Hope that helps...will hopefully go smoothly for you on the next attempt.  Please let me know if I can be anymore help.

Screen_210429_192043.jpg