Bug reports

11 minutes ago, ChillNG said:

So checking the triggers proper sequence of events should be...(let me know if you experienced all of these)

1.  Whiplash asks you to contact Arrow 3.

2.  Arrow 3 requests you locate 2 x T-72.

3.  You visually acquire T72s and respond 'Tally' with F10 menu.

4.  Arrow 3 gives type 3 control and you get a message on screen to kill both tanks.

5.  Once both tanks are dead a new option will be added to the F10 menu  (this trigger has both tanks being dead as the only condition).

6.  Selecting this F10 option with the radio set correctly for Arrow 3 (36.4 VHF FM) will result in removal of F10 option and player calling target dead on the radio.

From what you said it was point 5 where you got stuck?  I've just tested this section and all worked ok past point 6.  If stuck at point 5, based on the trigger conditions the most likely explanation is the tanks not being registered as dead.  If point 6 then I would say it's the radio setting causing an issue.

So to address point 5...first make sure its the correct tanks, although sounds like you did get the right ones (marked on the picture below).  Next, I've found in the past that the T-72 can take a bit of time to register as dead, not as long as you've described but I have seen the unit dead trigger not fire until a secondary explosion has gone off maybe 30-60 seconds later.  Not sure if this is a factor here but it's worth being aware of.  Only other thing would be a random one off DCS glitch, but again not sure how likely this is.  Hope that helps...will hopefully go smoothly for you on the next attempt.  Please let me know if I can be anymore help.

Screen_210429_192043.jpg

The F10 radio option is not appearing after the tanks have been killed so they must not be recognized as destroyed.  All events listed through 4 above occur as expected.  Not sure what I can do except keep trying.

10 minutes ago, Riscorider said:

The F10 radio option is not appearing after the tanks have been killed so they must not be recognized as destroyed.  All events listed through 4 above occur as expected.  Not sure what I can do except keep trying.

Ok, well glad to hear first bit is ok, means we can rule other possibilities out.  Also worth checking that you're not running any mods that can interfere and assume you're running on v2.7...other than that can't think of anything else but trying again.

1 minute ago, ChillNG said:

Ok, well glad to hear first bit is ok, means we can rule other possibilities out.  Also worth checking that you're not running any mods that can interfere and assume you're running on v2.7...other than that can't think of anything else but trying again.

Not running any mods besides those I've purchased through ED.  Will keep trying.  V2.7 has certainly seen its share of issues and crashes.  Thanks for checking for me!  I appreciate your effort!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Riscorider said:

Not running any mods besides those I've purchased through ED.  Will keep trying.  V2.7 has certainly seen its share of issues and crashes.  Thanks for checking for me!  I appreciate your effort!

No problem, least I can do, appreciate the purchase!

46 minutes ago, Riscorider said:

Ok.  Just tried it again.  This time both tanks were killed by the approaching friendly forces during my attack approach.  When checking the status tab only one tank showed as killed but both their 'red dots' were gone.  I made a couple extra passes just to be sure but no change in status.  Any suggestions?

11 minutes ago, Riscorider said:

Ok.  Just tried it again.  This time both tanks were killed by the approaching friendly forces during my attack approach.  When checking the status tab only one tank showed as killed but both their 'red dots' were gone.  I made a couple extra passes just to be sure but no change in status.  Any suggestions?

Checked the debriefing status:  Not sure which tank is which but the debriefing shows:  1st - Alpha Tank 1-1 hit by Aerial 1-3, then hit and killed by Steep (Player), 2nd - Alpha Tank 2-1 hit and killed by Aerial 1-2.  3rd - Alpha Tank hit and killed by Aerial 1-2.  Not sure if that helps but maybe the sequence and events might have a clue.

1 hour ago, Riscorider said:

Checked the debriefing status:  Not sure which tank is which but the debriefing shows:  1st - Alpha Tank 1-1 hit by Aerial 1-3, then hit and killed by Steep (Player), 2nd - Alpha Tank 2-1 hit and killed by Aerial 1-2.  3rd - Alpha Tank hit and killed by Aerial 1-2.  Not sure if that helps but maybe the sequence and events might have a clue.

Hmmm seems strange...the two targets are named Ambush T-72-1 and Ambush T-72-2.  The Alpha tanks are from earlier on in the mission and are just for atmosphere - they won't interfere with the player mission.  I'm wondering if you've got a little disorientated and gone after the wrong targets...the Alpha tanks are located in the town adjacent to the first task, there's three of them and from your debrief it sounds like you have attacked them (the ground AI will not engage the correct targets so think thats another clue).  The ones you're after are further north in the city (Jiroft), this is marked by WP6.  I think you're operating around phase line orange and should be at phase line red (see kneeboard).  After completing task 1 on the command APC, the comms will direct you north to Jiroft/WP6 - I'm guessing you missed this instruction and stayed further south, which is easily done in the fog of war.

Hope that helps!  If you still have any issues after that try and drop me a track/recording/tacview file if you can as it'll make it easier to ID the issue.

38 minutes ago, ChillNG said:

Hmmm seems strange...the two targets are named Ambush T-72-1 and Ambush T-72-2.  The Alpha tanks are from earlier on in the mission and are just for atmosphere - they won't interfere with the player mission.  I'm wondering if you've got a little disorientated and gone after the wrong targets...the Alpha tanks are located in the town adjacent to the first task, there's three of them and from your debrief it sounds like you have attacked them (the ground AI will not engage the correct targets so think thats another clue).  The ones you're after are further north in the city (Jiroft), this is marked by WP6.  I think you're operating around phase line orange and should be at phase line red (see kneeboard).  After completing task 1 on the command APC, the comms will direct you north to Jiroft/WP6 - I'm guessing you missed this instruction and stayed further south, which is easily done in the fog of war.

Hope that helps!  If you still have any issues after that try and drop me a track/recording/tacview file if you can as it'll make it easier to ID the issue.

I suspected I was doing something wrong but I just couldn't figure it out!  Thanks for the assist. I heard the WP6 reference but didn't pay too much attention since I had found two tanks seemingly as described by Arrow 3.  Heading back to the cockpit!

• Like 1

So far I haven't had any problems up to Mission 8. On the (third) attack run, gun run on soldiers in tree line, DCS crashes while shooting. I have tried it several times.
Meanwhile I edit the logbook so that I could advance and up to Mission 12 no further problems. 

17 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

So far I haven't had any problems up to Mission 8. On the (third) attack run, gun run on soldiers in tree line, DCS crashes while shooting. I have tried it several times.
Meanwhile I edit the logbook so that I could advance and up to Mission 12 no further problems. 

Thanks for the heads up, someone else reported this on Discord as an intermittent issue but they managed to get past it in the end.  I have experienced the odd crash on different missions at various points, I'm pretty sure it's being caused by something introduced in the latest update so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.  No idea if this is the cause but my experience is that everytime I have a crash I was using the new SSAO option...maybe its that option, maybe its an issue with VRAM...no idea but that's my experience so I stopped using it.

Glad you got past it anyway, you were close to the end of mission 8 so you didn't miss too much after.  Mission 12 is one of my favourites so enjoy!

On missions 2 & 3, the preset wheels spin wildly when I click left or right mouse button on them.  Also, frequency change is not taking effect when I hit spacebar after finally getting the preset wheel to stop.

Screen_210510_151423.png

Yep it’s a fault with DCS not the campaign, I ended up just manually inputting the freq, a bit of a pain as it goes back and forth quite a bit but nothing else can be done. Hopefully it’s fixed in future patch

• Thanks 1

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

26 minutes ago, Oilman100 said:

Yep it’s a fault with DCS not the campaign, I ended up just manually inputting the freq, a bit of a pain as it goes back and forth quite a bit but nothing else can be done. Hopefully it’s fixed in future patch

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try.

Just wondering can you change the default load out ? I haven’t tried to date but in a number of missions, it would have been useful to have a slightly different load out

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

2 hours ago, Oilman100 said:

Just wondering can you change the default load out ? I haven’t tried to date but in a number of missions, it would have been useful to have a slightly different load out

Most of the time you can get away with it, I've set weapons up for difficulty balancing but if you want to try something different then why not.  I think there is the occasional trigger that uses weapons as a condition so there is the chance it causes the odd bug but don't think it will be often.  Give it a go and if it causes a problem you can always revert to the original loadout.

First of all i whant to say Great and fantastic work done by you on this Campaign i love it but unfortunate after finising mission 5 battle for Qeshm island ,I was not able to click on the button end mission, I can click on it but it does not end the mission, so i need to replay that mission again and in the hope that i end up with 100 points or less, my final score was 101 maybe that could have something to do with that.
read such a thing on the DCS forum.

4 hours ago, SU33UB said:

First of all i whant to say Great and fantastic work done by you on this Campaign i love it but unfortunate after finising mission 5 battle for Qeshm island ,I was not able to click on the button end mission, I can click on it but it does not end the mission, so i need to replay that mission again and in the hope that i end up with 100 points or less, my final score was 101 maybe that could have something to do with that.
read such a thing on the DCS forum.

Thanks for the comments, glad you are enjoying!  This is unfortunately a new DCS bug affecting all campaigns, ED are working on a fix...they think its related to destroying a map object so makes sense you get it on M5 if you completed everything.  Best thing to do is edit your logbook to bump you on to mission 6, I've never done it myself but sure there's lots of advice on the forums on how to do it.  Hope that helps!

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 4:56 PM, SU33UB said:

I was not able to click on the button end mission, I can click on it but it does not end the mission, so i need to replay that mission again and in the hope that i end up with 100 points or less, my final score was 101 maybe that could have something to do with that.

This was a silly mistake with a simple fix, so I expect they'll have a fix in the next update. But if you don't want to wait, the instructions to fix it yourself are here: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/192116-quotend-missionquot-button/?tab=comments#comment-4634817

I'm really enjoying the campaign so far, much thanks for creating it!

I just finished the fourth mission. A couple things I've noticed:

On mission 4, there's something up with the wingman. He takes off very late and was 30 miles behind me on the way to Hormuz, with me going as slow as I could. I played it twice and it happened both times, so I think there's something amiss there.

From a realism perspective, it's a little weird that we're always taking off one direction then landing the other. You typically take off and land into the wind. (That's why the downwind leg is called downwind.) It caught me off guard the first couple missions but now I expect it and set up accordingly. I assume all the missions are this way. Not a big deal, obviously.

Thanks again! Good stuff!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fizzle said:

I'm really enjoying the campaign so far, much thanks for creating it!

I just finished the fourth mission. A couple things I've noticed:

On mission 4, there's something up with the wingman. He takes off very late and was 30 miles behind me on the way to Hormuz, with me going as slow as I could. I played it twice and it happened both times, so I think there's something amiss there.

From a realism perspective, it's a little weird that we're always taking off one direction then landing the other. You typically take off and land into the wind. (That's why the downwind leg is called downwind.) It caught me off guard the first couple missions but now I expect it and set up accordingly. I assume all the missions are this way. Not a big deal, obviously.

Thanks again! Good stuff!

Hey, thanks for the feedback!  Assuming you're in the tank killer, for some reason I can't figure out the tank killer wingmen seem to fly a lot slower than the A10 1 wingmen, they seem to struggle to keep up with you some of the time.  Something I've noticed in a few missions, it's irritating but nothing that will cause any major issues.

Thanks for the heads up on runway selection...duly noted!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 5:41 PM, rforce said:

@Quetzalkoatl.

Is the ATC Frequenz not 131.500 AM ?

For me it works only with this Frequenz

In your Video AM is set to 126.500

@SASCAT

in the video from nobody he takes "E"

(the video is from Oktober 2020)

I think you must take "F"

PS:

Correction: "E" works also !

The mission briefing gives the FREQ and 131.500am is not listed? I am having the same issue as the other chap , as soon as I take off about 500ft It says I am in violation? I have used the radios to receive

approval for start up, taxi and take off? 

Good day, just finished mission 14.  The low cloud deck spawned right over the mission objective so I had to fly 1000-1500 ft over the ground level to spot targets and destroy them.  Seems like it wasn’t intended for this as Davy told me to use an lgb at one point.  With the clouds spawning randomly at this point you may want to raise the base cloud layer.  After the mission objective was complete Davy told me to form up on him but he was already landing 25 miles away.  Also I landed with the wind so was landing at about 155 ground speed on 29R, should have been landing into the wind at 11L.  Loved the mission and campaign so far, just wanted to give feedback to help.

6 hours ago, Shimvolski said:

Good day, just finished mission 14.  The low cloud deck spawned right over the mission objective so I had to fly 1000-1500 ft over the ground level to spot targets and destroy them.  Seems like it wasn’t intended for this as Davy told me to use an lgb at one point.  With the clouds spawning randomly at this point you may want to raise the base cloud layer.  After the mission objective was complete Davy told me to form up on him but he was already landing 25 miles away.  Also I landed with the wind so was landing at about 155 ground speed on 29R, should have been landing into the wind at 11L.  Loved the mission and campaign so far, just wanted to give feedback to help.

Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated!