Bug reports

Again, great campaign!

What I am missing are instructions regarding exterior lights, this would add realism to the missions.

Besides this, my winger follows my lightsettings except for flashlights, I've noticed that sometimes these stay on even above enemy grounds. As far as I understand out of real life, after takin off in potential hostile environments all exterial lights are switched off.

Brrrrrt

Animal

We fall We break We fail  but then... We rise We heal We overcome

Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 10 | i9-9900| 32G RAM | 1TSSD | RTX2080 Super | Hotas Warthog | MFD Cougars | BuddyFox UFC | RX Viper Rudder | Voice Attack | Viacom Pro | Annoyed Wife

Hi animal, I think I looked at adding something around lights...eg a reminder from one of the characters if you left them on.  If I recall I had trouble identifying the correct cockpit commands in the editor and never managed to get it working satisfactorily.  Unfortunately you cannot force the AI to turn lights on/off, they usually mimic your settings if assigned to follow you but other than that they cannot be accounted for, which is a shame!

23 hours ago, ChillNG said:

Hi animal, I think I looked at adding something around lights...eg a reminder from one of the characters if you left them on.  If I recall I had trouble identifying the correct cockpit commands in the editor and never managed to get it working satisfactorily.  Unfortunately you cannot force the AI to turn lights on/off, they usually mimic your settings if assigned to follow you but other than that they cannot be accounted for, which is a shame!

Yes, it would absolutely a benefit if you could give AI light commands.

I believe that only the planes who are part of your group copies your light settings. Within Persian Freedom has every “bird” a unique ID (no purple marks in TAD or HMCS) so they don’t copy my light settings. 

I am not 100% sure but I believe that the command “Fence In” includes that the exterior lights are switched off. But giving this command too early results in that your flight members leave the formation too soon. But again, I can be wrong because sometimes this works but often it doesn’t work. However, I have stopped some time ago with analysing the AI behaviour🧐

We fall We break We fail  but then... We rise We heal We overcome

Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 10 | i9-9900| 32G RAM | 1TSSD | RTX2080 Super | Hotas Warthog | MFD Cougars | BuddyFox UFC | RX Viper Rudder | Voice Attack | Viacom Pro | Annoyed Wife

19 hours ago, Animal66 said:

Yes, it would absolutely a benefit if you could give AI light commands.

I believe that only the planes who are part of your group copies your light settings. Within Persian Freedom has every “bird” a unique ID (no purple marks in TAD or HMCS) so they don’t copy my light settings. 

I am not 100% sure but I believe that the command “Fence In” includes that the exterior lights are switched off. But giving this command too early results in that your flight members leave the formation too soon. But again, I can be wrong because sometimes this works but often it doesn’t work. However, I have stopped some time ago with analysing the AI behaviour🧐

I'm not sure if the A-10 differs to the Hornet but in the F-18 a different group will copy your settings if assigned the 'follow' task. I've never noticed it in the Warthog so I suspect it doesn't work the same.  Unfortunately there is no fence n command in the editor yet, fingers crossed for it one day.

• 1 month later...

It is challenging and I'm enjoying learning the A-10 even on mission 1.  When I reach the range on Mission one, I'm told to change the VHF radio and I start getting only a steady tone, and even when I tune the correct channel, I can't get the spacebar to continue things.  Any tips?

7 hours ago, BIGREDVA said:

It is challenging and I'm enjoying learning the A-10 even on mission 1.  When I reach the range on Mission one, I'm told to change the VHF radio and I start getting only a steady tone, and even when I tune the correct channel, I can't get the spacebar to continue things.  Any tips?

A steady tone means you are setting a frequency out of range on that radio, so sounds like you are either setting the wrong frequency or using the wrong radio.  For the weapons range on M1 you should be using the VHF FM radio, this is the bottom/rear radio on the left console.  Spacebar won't allow you to proceed until the radio is set correctly.  Hope that helps, let me know if you've got any more questions.

Hi, great campaign.

Mission 13, did not receive any messages from jtac after destroying the outpost, as a result, I turned on the tags and saw the targets in the village (grads), then everything worked fine.

2 hours ago, Dronv said:

Hi, great campaign.

Mission 13, did not receive any messages from jtac after destroying the outpost, as a result, I turned on the tags and saw the targets in the village (grads), then everything worked fine.

Thanks, I'll double check.

eDigital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.07.17 - 17.46.33.30.pngDuring mission 14 there is a cloud sitting right on top of the AO. I wasn't able to acquire targets or get oriented for 9-line, I do not have time at the moment to try again but will the weather have to be changed or will I just have to try again and hope for no cloud. Edit-did it but just have to get LOW good fun.

Edited by Mcbookie

6 hours ago, Mcbookie said:

eDigital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.07.17 - 17.46.33.30.pngDuring mission 14 there is a cloud sitting right on top of the AO. I wasn't able to acquire targets or get oriented for 9-line, I do not have time at the moment to try again but will the weather have to be changed or will I just have to try again and hope for no cloud. Edit-did it but just have to get LOW good fun.

I'm not sure actually if the clouds are randomised everytime or if they always appear in the exact same place.  A bit of cloud to complicate things was the intention though....sounds like you handled it 😀

• Thanks 1

Not so much a bug report, but I flew mission #2, took out the anti aircraft missiles and the two jets, then proceeded to take out the build up missiles.  

Arranging home short on fuel on an alternative airport, taxied to parking. 

Now I have to redo the same mission?!?! What did I do wrong? 

2 hours ago, Steffo said:

Not so much a bug report, but I flew mission #2, took out the anti aircraft missiles and the two jets, then proceeded to take out the build up missiles.  

Arranging home short on fuel on an alternative airport, taxied to parking. 

Now I have to redo the same mission?!?! What did I do wrong? 

Hmmm as long as you landed at the correct airfield there shouldn't be a problem, did you get clearance to land from the alternate airfield (using F10 menu not F5)?

Edited by ChillNG

Hi There!

Great campaign! Love it, a little bit harder than I use to though.

At mission 5 "Downtown" my wingman take offs and then disappears. (tried two times). I ran out of ammo could not help the ship...

The bugs reports should not be a sub-forum? Than at each mission a topic with bugs? This is how other campaigns use to do. It would be easier to find whether the same problem was reported or not.

Thanks!

44 minutes ago, tsgucci said:

Hi There!

At mission 5 "Downtown" my wingman take offs and then disappears. (tried two times). I ran out of ammo could not help the ship...

The bugs reports should not be a sub-forum? Than at each mission a topic with bugs? This is how other campaigns use to do. It would be easier to find whether the same problem was reported or not.

Thanks!

Thanks, glad you're enjoying.  I'll have to check on the wingman, not had any other issues reported, only thing I can think of without checking is make sure the radio is set correctly and that you've ordered him into formation.  That said you should still be able to complete ok, the boats task is optional and can be declined.

Good point on the forum layout, I'll remember that for the next campaign.  ED set it up for me so never gave it much thought past the main page.

4 hours ago, tsgucci said:

Hi There!

Thanks!

Just checked, all appears ok.   Once your wingman is airborne, just order him into formation with the F10 menu. 

21 hours ago, ChillNG said:

Just checked, all appears ok.   Once your wingman is airborne, just order him into formation with the F10 menu. 

Oh, okay... Sorry for me it was not obvious that I need to order him to join, I thought he does it anyway. In previous missions they followed me without telling them. Sorry to waste your time on that.

One more thing with the same mission. On the way back the trigger in IP is engaged again and overlord is telling me that I'm behind schedule.

And I do not know if anybody experienced that, but if you fly with A10C-II wingman they are having problems to keep up with you, even if they have the same loadout. I have experienced this with other campaigns too.

Edited by tsgucci

1 hour ago, tsgucci said:

Oh, okay... Sorry for me it was not obvious that I need to order him to join, I thought he does it anyway. In previous missions they followed me without telling them. Sorry to waste your time on that.

One more thing with the same mission. On the way back the trigger in IP is engaged again and overlord is telling me that I'm behind schedule.

And I do not know if anybody experienced that, but if you fly with A10C-II wingman they are having problems to keep up with you, even if they have the same loadout. I have experienced this with other campaigns too.

No probs at all, happy to help.  I'll check that trigger thanks for the heads up.

The slow wingman is a known issue AI I do believe, we'll have to wait on ED for that one.

Having an issue with mission 10.  After taking off and en route back to WP6 I get a message saying to contact Overlord using the F10 menu, but no F10 option appears in the comm menu.  I kept flying all the way back to the city and eventually got another message saying to contact Whiplash using F10 menu, but again there was no F10 option in the menu.  I tried this twice with the same result.

Other than that great campaign!  Probably my favorite in the A10 so far.

3 hours ago, ClydeBigBird said:

Having an issue with mission 10.  After taking off and en route back to WP6 I get a message saying to contact Overlord using the F10 menu, but no F10 option appears in the comm menu.  I kept flying all the way back to the city and eventually got another message saying to contact Whiplash using F10 menu, but again there was no F10 option in the menu.  I tried this twice with the same result.

Other than that great campaign!  Probably my favorite in the A10 so far.

Thanks for the feedback, glad you're enjoying!

Issus like this are almost always down to the radio settings - I've just tested mission 10 up to the first contact with Overlord and once I set the radio correctly the F10 option appeared.  Just double check the radios are set correctly to start with, use manual frequencies not pre-sets (as some A10 bugs in recent times) and all should be ok.  Let me know if you have any more problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Since we're talking about wingmen, I'm in mission 2 and I see no way to order my wingman to do something other than draw attention/missiles/AAA... 

There's no option in the F10 menu, nor he responds to my "normal" radio commands (e.g. "Wingman"->"engage"->"Air Defense"). 

Am I doing something wrong or is the wingman in miss. 2 just for show? 

Leaving aside the fact that I got shot down by manpads twice while I was trying to understand why he doesn't acknoledge orders... (in VR) You think one should learn the first time.

3 hours ago, SPAS79 said:

Since we're talking about wingmen, I'm in mission 2 and I see no way to order my wingman to do something other than draw attention/missiles/AAA... 

There's no option in the F10 menu, nor he responds to my "normal" radio commands (e.g. "Wingman"->"engage"->"Air Defense"). 

Am I doing something wrong or is the wingman in miss. 2 just for show? 

Leaving aside the fact that I got shot down by manpads twice while I was trying to understand why he doesn't acknoledge orders... (in VR) You think one should learn the first 

Once airborne you will get a message that wingman commands are available.  As long as the UHF radio is set correctly (ch 2 / 260) the command options will be added to the F10 menu.  If the radio isn't set correctly they are removed again.  Don't use the other menu option  (F2, F3 etc) as they won't work.

Hope that helps!

8 hours ago, ChillNG said:

Once airborne you will get a message that wingman commands are available.  As long as the UHF radio is set correctly (ch 2 / 260) the command options will be added to the F10 menu.  If the radio isn't set correctly they are removed again.  Don't use the other menu option  (F2, F3 etc) as they won't work.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the answer, yeah that kind of helps, the only commands that I ever saw available are about formation flying... I still can't seem to be able to order my n.2 to strike or do anything else. Will try again later. Yes, UHF is set on preset 2 (or freq 260, but usually I do presets...)

2 hours ago, SPAS79 said:

Thanks for the answer, yeah that kind of helps, the only commands that I ever saw available are about formation flying... I still can't seem to be able to order my n.2 to strike or do anything else. Will try again later. Yes, UHF is set on preset 2 (or freq 260, but usually I do presets...)

Ah ok, all makes sense, you are doing everything correct.  The options to attack are populated later, I can't remember the exact conditions but the option to attack mission objective targets will be added later when near the targets.  While the F10 menu approach to wingmen allows better AI behaviour, it does have the limitation of requiring all options to be manually added, meaning it can't add targets dynamically (at least not without some scripting magic), so is generally limited to main mission targets etc.

• 1 month later...

Playing the TankKiller Version on latest OB without mods, so far I found 2 Bugs:

In Mission 4, giving the F10 Command to the wingman to attack the Launchers causes him to attack EVERYTHING except the launchers. He attacks the other Island and even fights over the city and airfield in the north, and kills a truck on the Mission-relevant Island, but does never attack the launchers.

In Mission 5, the Gunman1-1 flight does not follow the path to WP 2 and 3, but rather ocilates left to right along the route. Maybe something with the time of arrival?? I reach WP 4 when the ai is still at WP 2. Mono keeps up with me.

If you need any more info I can upload a track file for you.

Edited by J-man

4 hours ago, J-man said:

Playing the TankKiller Version on latest OB without mods, so far I found 2 Bugs:

In Mission 4, giving the F10 Command to the wingman to attack the Launchers causes him to attack EVERYTHING except the launchers. He attacks the other Island and even fights over the city and airfield in the north, and kills a truck on the Mission-relevant Island, but does never attack the launchers.

In Mission 5, the Gunman1-1 flight does not follow the path to WP 2 and 3, but rather ocilates left to right along the route. Maybe something with the time of arrival?? I reach WP 4 when the ai is still at WP 2. Mono keeps up with me.

If you need any more info I can upload a track file for you.

Thanks for flagging, sounds like new behaviour from the AI, I'll dig into into it and see what's going on