Controls with 2.7

Decibel dB

Of course, I fired up the spit 2 or 3 days ago and I had to remapped some of my control for example the zoom wasn't working anymore, it end up being remapped on an axis, same with gun and few more. No big deal I've done it again and flew. Yesterday my controls had to be done again.  

Same thing happen with a friend that I was online with. 

Edited by Decibel dB

This issue has been going on a long time. When DCS updates it wipes/changes your controls. When I tried to report it on the forum I was dismissed & told it was me. 

ED haven't done anything to try & fix it. It is extremely frustrating considering the complexity of remapping your controls.  I have all most 20 modules so it becomes  very tedious task.

Any control files you had backed up before the update are not compatible anymore. 

Confirmed also happening for me in the spitfire control binds remap/reset themselves. Can be flying a mission then go back to menu and pick another mission and controls binds reset.

Intel i7 6700 3.4Ghz , 32gig ripjaw ram , Asus Strix RX480 OC 8gb , Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Asus ROG VIII Ranger Z170 Motherboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Having a weird issue with spitfire controls (since the last open beta update).

I'll start the sim, fly a mission and have no controller response at all, then I can restart and they're back. Not quite the same as what you guys are reporting but curious if anyone else has been having this?

I just downloaded 2.7 and it remapped all my binds in all my modules.  Is there any way to copy a file from 2.5 to 2.7 so I don't have to remap them all manually.  I created an new instance of 2.7 so I have both 2.5 and 2.7 available?

23 minutes ago, mla306 said:

I just downloaded 2.7 and it remapped all my binds in all my modules.  Is there any way to copy a file from 2.5 to 2.7 so I don't have to remap them all manually.  I created an new instance of 2.7 so I have both 2.5 and 2.7 available?

Unfortunately not. The .diff file that are your control files are not compatible from one version to the next This is something ED should of fixed a long time ago. You should not have to rebind all of your controls when ever there is an update.

This is very tedious & time consuming & quite frankly has started to put me off DCS. 

I have a lot invested in DCS with over 20 modules sim rig ect. This issue is just being ignored. 

There is no other sim/game out there that you have to rebind you controls & remap almost everything after an update.

Considering the complexity of DCS aircraft & the controls mapping this should on the top of the list to be rectified. 

3 hours ago, mrmat01 said:

Unfortunately not. The .diff file that are your control files are not compatible from one version to the next This is something ED should of fixed a long time ago. You should not have to rebind all of your controls when ever there is an update.

This is very tedious & time consuming & quite frankly has started to put me off DCS. 

I have a lot invested in DCS with over 20 modules sim rig ect. This issue is just being ignored. 

There is no other sim/game out there that you have to rebind you controls & remap almost everything after an update.

Considering the complexity of DCS aircraft & the controls mapping this should on the top of the list to be rectified. 

You make it sound like it's "normal" problem in DCS for everyone, but it's not. You and few other guys have been having this controls wipeout problem for a while and I understand it's puzzling and frustrating but it shouldn't happen and majority of players have never experienced it. Not sure if ED testers have reproduced it. IF they haven't, which can happen even with much more widespread and important issues like recent 2.7 "second mission crashes", then how can they rectify it?

I've been using the same .diff files folder since 2014, updating them when new modules come, or when there are some changes made to the old ones. Copying or importing them whenever I was installing new system or DCS from scratch. Never had to remap controls. 

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

1 hour ago, mla306 said:

Well thanks for the help!  Wish it was easier but I appreciate the information.

Thanks.

Don't give up just yet. Is that old 2.5 of yours also Open Beta, or is it Stable release? If the latter, you can try copying Config/Input folder from the Saved Games/DCS location to Saved Games/DCS.OpenBeta and that should work. If not, you can also try to import each of old controller profiles one by one within the game, in the controls options window.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

2 hours ago, Art-J said:

You make it sound like it's "normal" problem in DCS for everyone, but it's not. You and few other guys have been having this controls wipeout problem for a while and I understand it's puzzling and frustrating but it shouldn't happen and majority of players have never experienced it. Not sure if ED testers have reproduced it. IF they haven't, which can happen even with much more widespread and important issues like recent 2.7 "second mission crashes", then how can they rectify it?

I've been using the same .diff files folder since 2014, updating them when new modules come, or when there are some changes made to the old ones. Copying or importing them whenever I was installing new system or DCS from scratch. Never had to remap controls. 

It is a normal problem for me. (more than a year) Some times copying the config files work but 98% of the time it doesn't. 

Just because it doesn't happen to you its still a problem. Its more widespread than you what you think.

A lot of people just don't say anything give up & go away. The biggest hurdle keeping new players in DCS is the controls menu/mapping. 

& It shouldn't matter if it is only a few guys like you say it shouldn't be happening . DCS is the only game I have to remap my control settings after an update. 

I haven't been able to copy old .diff files for quite some time. I have two PC's that both have DCS installed. Both have the same issue (remap after update). One of them has stable & the other has OB.  How can they rectify it ? Well if I knew the Answer to that I wouldn't be sitting here writing this.