Helicopters can't be placed on many (if not all) of the new 2.7 helipads

sirrah

First of all, thank you Ugra for feeing us chopperheads with all these wonderful helicopter platforms!! :worthy:

I don't think I've seen it reported as of yet. Although I expect this issue to be known by Ugra, just in case...

It's impossible to place helo's on most of the available platforms, as @Bailey correctly listed here

helipad locations 2021 18 apr.jpg

Screen_210421_204030.png

Screen_210421_204101.png

• Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

43 minutes ago, Forest Rat said:

According to Grimes, "This appears to be fixed on an internal build."

Fingers crossed for next patch? 🙂

Omg, I need to get my eye fixed, it's right there and I missed it 🤦‍♂️

Sorry, this thread can be deleted

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 1 month later...

Confirmed still a problem.  You often get an error message about flat ground trying to place a helo on these helopads. Many near the Turkish/Syrian border have trees encroaching on or growing up through the helipad platform.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Wanted to add to this, every single one of the UN helipads that I've tested on the Island of Cyprus are wacked out.  The Mission editor will not allow helicopters to be placed on the Helipads in any way, placing farp objects too close will despawn the helipad entirely, and if you set the area to an invisible farp and land on it the farp treats you like you're still flying. 

Very disheartening, though I know no way to fix it short of making each and every single one of the dozens and dozens of UN Helipads into proper tiny helibases.  Which seems a bit extreme. Maybe add some height to the invisible farps area so that you could land on the raised pads to rearm/refuel.  

Edited by Fenin