Flickering and Corrupted Textures since 2.7 only with SLI

overalien

since 2.7 I have extreme sporadic flickering of the cockpit reflections as well as the external environment (cloud layers and lighting) when running SLI - with single GPU the problem disappears but performance is down 50% on FPS.  It seems to be a rendering synchronization issue which is partially influenced by VSync on or off.  Game is unplayable in SLI since 2.7 and with multiple monitors I need the extra horsepower.  This may relate to the F18 Ground radar corruption bug I already reported elsewhere (behavior is similar, but now more severe and affects the whole rendering area).  I have tried vanilla (no Mods) as well as single camera mode with no difference.  ED please please look at this.

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

14 hours ago, dukovac said:

Try this file if you wish. dcs.nip

I don't remember where I got it, probably somewhere on the forum. It was working like a beast. I sold my second 1080Ti and regretted. Good luck!

thanks for that, but it did not make a difference.  your profile is similar to the one I use and the behavior is unfortunately unchanged - flickering persists. 

overalien

System specs:

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

I have the same problem now in 2.7 with SLI.  Extremely bad flickering.  I tried adjusting things settings with nVidia Inspector (which has been the only way I get fully SLI output) but it does seem to matter - flickering remains like a disco ball. 

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same problem here.

DCS unplayable with SLI since 2.7 (clouds and lighting flickering).
It is OK without SLI, but lost 40-50% FPS.

Edited by Vladimir_ST

Win10, I7-7700K, 32GB, RTX-3080Ti, 3xSSD (System, DCS and one more), VKB Gunfighter MCG Pro, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar, Saitek X-55, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, MSFF2, G-940, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH MFP, TrackIR-5 + TrackClip Pro, DELL 21:9 Monitor

Hopefully, someone will find a solution.  I tried messing around with different bit settings in Nvidia Inspector but I could find any that fixed the issue.  I know there are other using SLI still and I'm not in the market for a new card right now.

Edited by Azazel

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
since 2.7 I have extreme sporadic flickering of the cockpit reflections as well as the external environment (cloud layers and lighting) when running SLI - with single GPU the problem disappears but performance is down 50% on FPS.  It seems to be a rendering synchronization issue which is partially influenced by VSync on or off.  Game is unplayable in SLI since 2.7 and with multiple monitors I need the extra horsepower.  This may relate to the F18 Ground radar corruption bug I already reported elsewhere (behavior is similar, but now more severe and affects the whole rendering area).  I have tried vanilla (no Mods) as well as single camera mode with no difference.  ED please please look at this.

[mention]BIGNEWY [/mention] This issue I reported was what I was referring to in the patch notes discussion thread. It would really be appreciated if it can be addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear:

• 4 weeks later...

I have been having the same problem since 2.7, I have even tried it with Win 11 just to see, but the same result. I have found though Win 11 gave me better performance when not using SLI than Win 10. Also with 2.5 I found that my best results using SLI was selecting, SLI compatibility Bits 0x04400005 (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, Rise of Flight, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, IL-2: Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad) and SLI Compatibility Bits (DX 10 + DX 11) 0x000000F5 (The Talos Principle, Nurien-Mstar, DX SDK DetailTessellation11 sample, PC Building Simulator, etc. Nothing works now though and I hope this gets sorted.

• Like 2

I have been having the same problem since 2.7, I have even tried it with Win 11 just to see, but the same result. I have found though Win 11 gave me better performance when not using SLI than Win 10. Also with 2.5 I found that my best results using SLI was selecting, SLI compatibility Bits 0x04400005 (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, Rise of Flight, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, IL-2: Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad) and SLI Compatibility Bits (DX 10 + DX 11) 0x000000F5 (The Talos Principle, Nurien-Mstar, DX SDK DetailTessellation11 sample, PC Building Simulator, etc. Nothing works now though and I hope this gets sorted.

Thanks for the interesting post. Can you share a bit more about your experience with upgrading to Win 11? How much better are the non -SLI framerates?

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear:

I joined the Windows insider program and it's that version of Win 11 that I am using, not the other that is floating about. Windows 11 has installed as an upgrade/features update rather than a clean install and that suited me. The reason for going that route is that I could not for love nor money get the June cumulative update to install and I wanted to see if SLI now worked with DCS 2.7. The drivers and settings were the same as before as with Win 10. As for being able to give you a figure of increased fps I cant, as the counter in DCS is no longer there, so my experience is based purely on eye test and feel. As soon as I have time to sort one out I'll let you know. It's early days but so far DCS seems to work and it seems smoother, which leads me to believe there is a performance increase under Win 11.  

• Like 1

[mention]BIGNEWY [/mention] would you mind giving us an update on this topic? Is it being looked at with a serious intent to find a solution or is this kind of thing seen as a low priority? I find myself under pressure to invest heavily in upgrading an already expensive rig because my enjoyment of DCS has been heavily impacted by this bug (being forced back to a single 1080Ti with low fps even with MSAA, SSAO and all similar enhancements turned off - the second 1080Ti is now sitting idle.)

There was a time when sli was plagued by flickering clouds before the new clouds model came out and this somehow got resolved over time. Now the issue has reappeared with the F-18 A/G radar as well as most recently the overall cloud and cockpit reflections rendering since 2.7. I can't help believing that this might be an easy fix as long as the right technical expert gives it some focus.

Am I getting my hopes unrealisticly?

• Like 1

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear:

On 7/3/2021 at 9:02 AM, Flappie said:

Hi. Can you post a video of your issue, along with a short track?

[mention]BIGNEWY [/mention] [mention]Flappie [/mention]:

Hi guys,  thanks for replying and being willing to help! 😃

Here is a link for various videos and a track including the dcs log files for SLI_ON and SLI_OFF:  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q5yyfsaE26FvWnNaeU4LR1vkjCfiLHJx/view?usp=sharing

A few notes:

• this was all done on the latest Open Beta build
  • please excuse the terrible take-off - my rudder pedals were disconnected during the test. 😉
  • the behavior has changed a little since previous Open Beta versions:  the flickering frequency is lower now, but new clouds now never appear at all anymore (they flashed in and out in older Open Beta versions together with lighting and cockpit reflections)
  • this behavior in SLI is independent of any mods and independent of single vs multiple monitors - the recordings were for my standard config with 7 displays and exported gauges as I usually play, but I tested on vanilla and single monitor configs as well - the same SLI corruption / flickering behavior persists
  • I use the SLI compatibility settings which are well documented in the forums and used to work perfectly with at least 50% performance scaling before 2.7 and the new clouds
  • the Hornet A/G radar corruption problem seems to be fixed now 🙂
  • the "old" Hornet A/G radar issue (full, flat green textures on the radar image, flashing on and off) was there before 2.7, but seems to have fixed itself in SLI since the latest OB updates in 2.7 - see separate Hornet video
  • the fps is lower due to video recording software running
  • [EDIT} - forgot to add that this is also independent of Nvidia driver versions - tested without difference on 451.xx generation all the way through to the latest 471.22 hotfix version.

Please help us SLI users to resolve this issue.  I offer myself as a tester for any test builds or similar, since I know many of you don't have SLI.  I hope this can help to pinpoint the issue a bit easier.

you guys are awesome - keep it up!

regards

overalien

Edited by overalien
  • Like 2

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear:

• 4 weeks later...
How is SLI at the moment in DCS? I was about to open a thread about SLI because I am interested in that technology. But no need to ask how SLI is in DCS if it is not working currently.

Still broken....

• Like 1

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear: