Having fun yet?

I have watched many of the YT vids out there from fellow simulator pilots on the DCS 2.7 update. Everyone is super hyped about the clouds adding to the immersion. Rightfully so – it is a “game-changer” as they say. I watched Philstyle and copped his tip on Warbird ascent into IFR through cloud. Get stabilised in the clear with the horizon under the clouds and go up, never taking your eyes off the VSI and AH. I broke out at 12,000 feet, above two layers of dense, fluffy cloud and cruised in my Spitfire. Then I saw a large hole with the gloriously sunlit fields of England below. I rolled her over, reduced the power and down we went, the walls of cloud ripping by close about us. I gently eased her out doing over 400 mph at around 2,000 feet. This is something I read that the greats such as Roland Beamont and Alex Henshaw had done in the day. I am so happy that I got the chance to do it at seventy years young in a simulator. Not much good at dogfighting, but I landed her in a three-pointer at Hawkinge and parked among the other Spits I had placed there, grinning like an idiot.

Thanks to ED, Phil, CAP, Reflected, Growling Sidewinder, Skouras, Spudknocker and all the rest for your cinematics and tips. It's a great community – only getting stronger. If you made one – I have probably watched it!

• Like 8

Sums the pure bliss of what 2.7 is offering (and will be offering beyond with the next round of changes and improvements) perfectly. Totally agree!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

This update was a game changer. I fly only in VR and although it need urgent fix i can see already that will be awesome when ED fix the cloud jumping, then i will fully enjoy the experience. So many thanks for ED and all team for pulling this. My dreams come true. 

Hornet, Supercarrier, and clouds. I´m happy.

Hope you all enjoy it too.

Best regards, be safe.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

12 minutes ago, Mower said:

No complaints so far, looking good, but how can I tell IM seeing the new clouds when in VR?

Open a mission in Mission Editor, go to weather and change the presets available (with 2 layers, 3 layes, 1 layer, Broken, Overcast, etc).

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

3 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

If you are in version 2.7, and if you see clouds, those are the new ones

Right but are they the nice looking hi res ones or the crappy low res ones VR users are reporting?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.