[BUG] How do I fix this Screwed up view in VR? (3 Monitor bug)

Snacko

This picture is from the left eye.  So I have two of these(one on each side.  Like vampire fangs...  

What is this and how do I fix it?

DCS 2021-04-21 16-39-35.png

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• Snacko changed the title to How do I fix this Screwed up view in VR?

I've tested my Reverb G2 with DCS and IL-2 GB and they both work ok.  DCS seems like the FPS are low.  But IL-2 does not have this triangle in the HMD.  This is only in DCS.

Does anybody know how to fix this??

PS: Could a Mod move this to the View Systems forum?  I was looking for a VR forum, and couldn't find one, so I put it here..

Edited by Snacko
  • Like 1

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Well, after several hours of research, I tracked down the source of this VR bug.  It was my Monitor settings.  I have a Triple-Screen setup, and have my Monitor Settings se to '3 Screens'.  If I change it to '1 Screen', this problem goes away!!

Before this update I have not seen this problem.  How do my Monitor settings have anything to do with rendering VR?  I'm guessing that they forgot to ignore those settings when rendering the image in VR..   Hopefully an easy fix??

But, on my system, in VR, with the settings set to VR settings, I am only getting 30fps!!  My i9-10850 5ghz cpu; RTX 3080 gpu; 64gb Memory; and M.2 should do much better than that!!  I was testing on the P-51 Channel Free Flight mission.  

• Thanks 1

• Snacko changed the title to How do I fix this Screwed up view in VR? (3 Monitor bug)
  • 2 weeks later...

Has this been put on the bug list?

I just tested it after installing todays patch, and this bug is still there..

Edited by Snacko
  • Like 1

• Snacko changed the title to [BUG] How do I fix this Screwed up view in VR? (3 Monitor bug)
On 5/5/2021 at 10:54 PM, Snacko said:

Has this been put on the bug list?

I just tested it after installing todays patch, and this bug is still there..

Same here. I made a separate custom setting for VR now it works fine. But the fps in VR is compared to IL2 crap. I7-9700K, 64GB. M2, RTX2080ti, HP Reverb G2. Acually I play 2D in DCS and VR only IL2, I dont want to set all things to low, especially ground clutter etc as I play mostly choppers.