Mig-29 Pitch Damper Improved = More Stable Flight

Steinsch

• 2 years later...

My fear is finding out how many things are wrong with the FC3 29 when the FF comes, specially the flight model.

I imagine they will update the flight model of the older one, just like they did with the A-10A, to be a copy of the new one. But I wonder if ED will be upfront with this or just stealthly make the change afraid it could affect the quality perception of the other FC3 modules.

2 hours ago, Skuva said:

…ED will be…afraid it could affect the quality perception of the other FC3 modules.

The majority of the community already believes FC3 modules are of lesser quality. So what difference would it make? They’ll make whatever changes they feel are necessary. They’ve already stated that they have no interest in make any module 100% accurate.

• Like 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

23 minutes ago, Ironhand said:

The majority of the community already believes FC3 modules are of lesser quality. So what difference would it make? They’ll make whatever changes they feel are necessary. They’ve already stated that they have no interest in make any module 100% accurate.

The general belief is that FC3 have simplified systems, but the flight model is on par with the FF modules, given ED's own words on the subject and their PFM sticker stamped on all but the Su-25A/T. The thing is the Mig-29 is the one FC3 aircraft with the most recently updated FM, and still has weird stuff going on (eg. flight perf far from matching data, Autopilot problems).

If the FF release end up making these problem more evident, we can start questioning what about the other ones? F-15C and Su-27? Are they in an even worse situation? Do they realy deserve their PFM stickers?

Edited by Skuva

In my experience talking with community members with no FC3 experience, the majority also have the impression the the FM is simplified as well. Perhaps your experience is different and we can agree to disagree.

At any rate, rather than worrying about this from now. Why don’t we wait and see what happens over the next few years. ED will do what ED will do. 

• Like 2

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• ED Team

FC3

MiG-29 has a Professional Flight Model (PFM) and Standard Systems Modeling (SSM)

Details of terms can be found here 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/general/#1512209

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The milion dollar question is, does ED consider SAU system part of Flight Model or Systems Modelling. 😄

• Like 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

13 hours ago, Volator said:

As of 2.9 something, MiG-29 feels again like ED has moved back to the old pitch dampening settings... It's like a deja vu from 2020 or so.

It was good while it lasted. I fear the worst for the FF MiG-29A.

My impression and everything I have read from other users is that dampening is much more aggressive in MiG-29 after 2.9…. Along with ground effect for example now making landings and PIO much easier to handle. You are the first person I’ve seen to say the opposite

• Like 2

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

On 1/15/2024 at 10:37 AM, some1 said:

The milion dollar question is, does ED consider SAU system part of Flight Model or Systems Modelling. 😄

😊 They consider it part of the PFM.

_____