a question, not a problem

Go to solution Solved by Northstar98,

hi all. more of a question than a problem. i purchased a new computer. i will be doing setup this weekend. my current computer still runs fine and dcs has no issues. i want to keep it together until i am satisfied with the new computer operations. is it possible to have the modules activated on both? or do i need to deactivate on old and activate on new? hopefully this makes sense. thank you.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• Solution

I might be wrong, but I think the new security system is tied to your account, so as long as you're signed into a machine with your account, you should be able to install the modules, no problem.

They might have a check to make sure that 2 machines aren't running your account at the same time, but you should be able to install on both, you just have to make sure you're only signed in on one at a time - at least that's how I think it works.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

@Northstar98 - thanks for reply. i hoping that was the case. i know this is how many games are nowadays. just in case i will keep watching this topic. i appreciate it.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

On 4/22/2021 at 6:36 PM, silverdevil said:

@Northstar98 - thanks for reply. i hoping that was the case. i know this is how many games are nowadays. just in case i will keep watching this topic. i appreciate it.

No problem 🙂, but don't take my word for it, but I think that's how it works.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

@Northstar98 i wanted to get back to you about this and in case anyone else finds this post looking for answers. i downloaded and installed the base game. when i performed my first login, other computer offline, the module manager had the pretty red circle with the number of add-on modules i had to install.

by the way is your name referencing the hip-hop group from Long Beach?

• Like 2

On 4/25/2021 at 1:28 PM, silverdevil said:

@Northstar98 i wanted to get back to you about this and in case anyone else finds this post looking for answers. i downloaded and installed the base game. when i performed my first login, other computer offline, the module manager had the pretty red circle with the number of add-on modules i had to install.

Awesome! So all is good?

by the way is your name referencing the hip-hop group from Long Beach?

It doesn't I'm afraid 😅, I'm just kinda into space stuff and I thought the name sounded cool.

I guess it also partially inspired from a mission in a now superseded civilian sim, whereby you have to intercept a UFO in an F/A-18 over Nevada, your callsign in the mission is Northstar 6-6, which I thought sounded cool. I played it when I was younger so I guess that's why it stuck with me.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 2

System:

@Northstar98 - yes, all is good. i was able to get all the modules installed without issue. the download was 174 GB... packed a lunch for that process. and your name. LOL i thought it was a long shot you picked it because of the hip-hop group. that would have been random. but hey they got a great sound so i though there was a chance. 😉

• Like 1