No altimeter pressure setting keybinds on the F-15

Hello,

most of you probably know this already, but I'm bringing this up again.

The F-15C (and the A-10A) does not have any altimeter setting keybinds. This effectively means that the barometric altimeter cannot be adjusted, which is a critical oversight especially considering the probable rise of instrument flying due to the new (amazing) clouds and the upcoming weathersystem overhaul.

This has been an issue for years. I believe I last posted about this like 4 years ago. The other FC3 aircraft apart from the A-10A have the binds (so the A-10 should get these too, along with the F-15) and the do work, for reference. The name for the keybinds are: "Altimeter Pressure Decrease" and "... Increase".

I hope this is finally resolved to bring all the modules to the same state systems-wise within the FC3.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DCS Finland | SF squadron

• ED Team

I have asked the team, if I find something out I will let you know. 

EDIT: We have made a feature request, I can not promise anything at this stage however. 

thanks 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The radar in the F-15 does not work as it should, the rockets have ranges of 1/3 and 1/2 smaller than they should be, and someone is bothered by the inability to change the barometric altitude, without which you can fly and land without any problems for years, regardless of the weather. The F-15C is not an airplane that should fly over the ground or over mountain tops. And when landing in complete fog, ILS is sufficient.

5 hours ago, Nahen said:

[...]and someone is bothered by the inability to change the barometric altitude, without which you can fly and land without any problems for years, regardless of the weather.

So can you without radar and rockets, right? And I'm bothered by the lack of pilot body, which the aircraft cannot fly without at all.

See the logic here? It's in bad taste to belittle other bugs or features. You have your own thread.

+1 for altimeter knob

• Like 4

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 4/25/2021 at 2:08 PM, Nahen said:

The radar in the F-15 does not work as it should, the rockets have ranges of 1/3 and 1/2 smaller than they should be, and someone is bothered by the inability to change the barometric altitude, without which you can fly and land without any problems for years, regardless of the weather. The F-15C is not an airplane that should fly over the ground or over mountain tops. And when landing in complete fog, ILS is sufficient.

I understand your frustration, but at the same time I ask you, where did I say that this ought to take priority as no.1 fix for the F-15?

The way you have formed your answer gives out the impression that no bugs/oversights are allowed to be reported before every bug/oversight more important than the one being reported are addressed. And by making that priorisation you also imply that you know the absolute order of issues to be fixed/improved on the module.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

On 4/22/2021 at 10:04 PM, BIGNEWY said:

I have asked the team, if I find something out I will let you know. 

EDIT: We have made a feature request, I can not promise anything at this stage however. 

thanks 

Thank you!

• Like 3

DCS Finland | SF squadron

On 4/25/2021 at 7:08 AM, Nahen said:

... and someone is bothered by the inability to change the barometric altitude ...

and I’m bothered by a junior’s lack of empathy ... 🙄

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

I agree.

F-15C has a BARO knob pictured in altimeter but no inHg tape displayed in altimeter gauge. If not already made clickable at least it could display InHg value as set in Mission Editor and correct altimeter needle and tape accordingly.

The other thing is CAS panel issue. Yaw, Roll and Pitch switch states are reciprocal. Switches indicate OFF state when active. 

Regards, 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

And other issues too. Minor but fixable. No cockpit front panel flood lights which makes some things like the ADI flight director crosspointers invisible and no flashlight either.

I hope we get an active cockpit soon so we can turn our own switches on and off.

14 hours ago, StElmosFire said:

And other issues too. Minor but fixable. No cockpit front panel flood lights which makes some things like the ADI flight director crosspointers invisible and no flashlight either.

I hope we get an active cockpit soon so we can turn our own switches on and off.

Flying the hard one. Thursday I flew many hours and had 12+ successful landings. I had the good ones at an altitude of 2200 when on the runway and it is best to be at 2500 at the marker. Today Sunday, is a different story, I flew 6 approaches and hit those altitudes and never saw the runway as ceiling was zero to 100 and visibility was nil to 100 ft, absolutely unusable as I was able to touchdown / bounce on the runway, go around or crash twice. the runway is 1573 ft elevation and I was contacting it at 2100 ft. So it is time to move on.

• 4 weeks later...