2.7 VR unplayably jittery when game's framerate is fine.

reginald123456

Hello, I noticed after the 2.7 update, vr in the game has been unplayable due to it jittering and have bad performance in the headset. For some reason this is only in the headset and despite me having 30 to 45 frames in the game, it feels like 12 frames in the HMD. I've researched forums, reddits, and everywhere on the web but struggle to find an answer. I have a i9-9900kf, rtx 2080 super, and 32 gigs of ram, this should not be happening on this system. The new hotfixdcs.log hasn't fixed anything and I've reset the saved games, deleted all unofficial mods, repaired my game, done different graphical and vr settings, and restarted my pc a 100 times. The only time I wouldn't be stupidly laggy is when I have every single setting on the lowest possible point, any setting I change to medium or higher immediately begins taxing on my frames. This occurs rather clouds are on or not in mission, so that's not the problem. My cpu usage is around 20 to 25% and memory around 70 to 90% when in game. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I will attach log below, thanks! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sdirmitt said:

Yes, never had any jitter going on in 2.5.6 just looking around the cockpit in vr has a good bit of jitter

Fk me I found the solution for me. Go to steamvr, go to settings, click "video". click "per-application Video Settings", select manage video settings for: "DCS" (if you don't see DCS, make sure the game is open so it can detect the application), then make sure custom resolution is 100% or not too high, motion smoothing I suggest as global, and most importantly the problem itself, verify "Use Legacy Reprojection Mode" is OFF, cycling it on immediately recreates the problem. Would love to hear if this assisted you.  

fix123.JPG

I also select " advanced supersample filtering" in there as well.

Could be placebo but I feel like I am looking at a little better image with it on.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Smooth in VR here.  I'd concur on the SteamVR settings.   You just have to keep tinkering with VR settings until things work.  After VR is out of "Early Adopter" status in 2035 things should be easier.  😉

• Like 1

ORIGINAL:  8088 4.77 Mhz  |  640kb RAM UPGRADE  |  TANDY 16-COLOR VIDEO  |  DUAL 5.25" FLOPPY DRIVES  |  13" VGA MONITOR  |  TANDY DELUXE JOYSTICK

CURRENT:  i5-12600k @ 5.0 Ghz  |  32GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz  |  NVIDIA RTX 4090  |  3TB NVMe M.2 DRIVES  |  Pimax 8KX |  X56 RHINO HOTAS  |  VKB T-RUDDER Mk.IV  |  SIMSHAKER  |  VOICEATTACK w/VIACOM Pro

3 hours ago, reginald123456 said:

Fk me I found the solution for me. Go to steamvr, go to settings, click "video". click "per-application Video Settings", select manage video settings for: "DCS" (if you don't see DCS, make sure the game is open so it can detect the application), then make sure custom resolution is 100% or not too high, motion smoothing I suggest as global, and most importantly the problem itself, verify "Use Legacy Reprojection Mode" is OFF, cycling it on immediately recreates the problem. Would love to hear if this assisted you.  

fix123.JPG

Mine has never been on, I checked 

Do you happen to have kb5001330 windows update installed? I hear there's issues with it and tried to uninstall but since I've wiped windows after that update I have to have it installed as nothing to revert back to....thats probably my issue

7 minutes ago, sdirmitt said:

Mine has never been on, I checked 

Do you happen to have kb5001330 windows update installed? I hear there's issues with it and tried to uninstall but since I've wiped windows after that update I have to have it installed as nothing to revert back to....thats probably my issue

Nah I have that version installed, what helped me is when you go on steamvr, click "Steamvr Performance Graph", and with dcs open see if it's display errors or something else. Mine was display errors. If you don't know what the colors on the graph mean, hover your mouse over the graph and it'll display which color means what.