Late Activation for Static Units

NineLine

Late Activation for Static Units  

496 members have voted

1. 1. Do mission designers see the value in having late activation for Static Units? (Along with a Trigger Action to do so)

• Yes, I would totally use something like this.
    • No, I wouldnt use this ever.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/08/21 at 01:48 AM

It would also be nice to have a late deactivation for carriers that way after a certain time in the mission or maybe even a way to use it with triggers the carrier changes it's deck layout from a launch layout to a recovery layout and vice versa
+1

Wysłane z mojego MI MAX 3 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Well, I guess this early poll result speaks volumes 😆

As said before, just as important:

"Static object deactivation"

• Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

10 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Well, I guess this early poll result speaks volumes 😆

As said before, just as important:

"Static object deactivation"

Definitely agreed with last statement!

1 hour ago, Yurgon said:

I can't think of a single practical use case for myself, nor for my squadron.

Hold on, we DO have a use case for late activation of static units? Darn. Consider my "No" vote erroneous. 😄

Dynamic setup of multiple "potential" static targets (aka buildings, FARP objects, tents, flags, yadda yadda) and activate a random target instead of scripting with vector or coordinates from zone or point and try to "arrange" an insurgent camp, factory site, hideout or whatever... Together with the option to group statics, copy and paste the grouped statics, this would speed up mission design with random elements tremendously! Yes, please yes!

Edited by shagrat
  • Like 4

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

We absolutely need that, we also need the ability to multiselect Units and Objects and move them around, the current System is sooooo much limiting.

• Like 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

+1, and yes, it would need to be able to be activated/deactivated via triggers.

And we desperately need the ability to group static objects together, in exact fashion as the ground units (2.7 looks to have this planned, just that it's non-functional).

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

15 minutes ago, remus77 said:

Yes, but I'd trade this for a selection marquee or an undo, 8 days a week.

This!!! A simple selection by standard rectangle draw and copy/paste and an undo feature... Pretty please.

• Like 3

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

14 minutes ago, evilnate said:

We deactivate the static objects with ordinance. 

I doubt you would want to "deactivate" your own coalitions FARP or improvised airfield with bombs...😇

One use of such a feature, setup a realistic FARP that activates with a trigger and after refueling gets deactivated, the trucks move to the next zone and trigger the next FARP, if they reach the zone. So many options! 

• Like 4

Shagrat

17 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

+1, and yes, it would need to be able to be activated/deactivated via triggers.

And we desperately need the ability to group static objects together, in exact fashion as the ground units (2.7 looks to have this planned, just that it's non-functional).

Yeah this would be needed as well

And yes late activation statics = good thing

• Like 1

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

1 hour ago, The_Dan said:

That would be a handy feature for sure. But in my opinion a lot better would be, if most of the assets in the static category (like structures, FARP assets, factories,...) would be available in the group section in the structure type. You can do a lot more and easier scripting and ME handling with the groups as with the statics. And one can add some of the statics by lua modding so it wouldn't be a huge task for most statics. E.g. spawn a FARP with tents and generators, use all the triggers with it as you can with the other groups, copy your FARP layout and use it in other locations on the map and so on.

This got me thinking. Wouldn't it be even better/easier to have an option to create a "static group"? Basically everything we get with the normal "group" like selecting from different unit types from infantry to buildings, give us all statics as units to add.

Then for a "Static group" simply remove the whole waypoint section and AI tasks etc. ?

That would solve the grouping, copy/paste, template creation and activation/deactivation all in one.

Shagrat

Excellent... also the ability to save statics in templates for easy reuse for things like farps, enemy compounds, target locations.... the static L/A alone is a great QOL addition

System: I7 7700K - Delidded. TT Cooler. 32GB 3000hz Ram, Gigabyte Aorus Ext 1080TI, SSD's, Corsair Gold 850W PSU, Philips 4K 40inch 60hz monitor, Dell 22inch Touch + Helios, Rift S, VKB MCG PRO, TM TPR pedals, TM Warthog throttle with slew mod and twist repair

3 hours ago, NineLine said:

Dear all, this came up in internal discussion. Would Mission Builders be interested in having late activation for Static Units?

This is the only topic for this poll, doesn't mean its priority over anything else, or that its the only thing we are doing, we just value your opinion on this specific option.

Thanks.

I voted no, Unless i can turn off the static too, Id rather use a Dynamic as theyre more flexible an asset.

All unit / statics need a   REMOVE function whereby the undamaged  / damaged / destroyed iteration of it is gone from game map and game memory, for those larger missions

• Like 1

System: I7 7700K - Delidded. TT Cooler. 32GB 3000hz Ram, Gigabyte Aorus Ext 1080TI, SSD's, Corsair Gold 850W PSU, Philips 4K 40inch 60hz monitor, Dell 22inch Touch + Helios, Rift S, VKB MCG PRO, TM TPR pedals, TM Warthog throttle with slew mod and twist repair

2 minutes ago, Von Thrud said:

All unit / statics need a   REMOVE function whereby the undamaged  / damaged / destroyed iteration of it is gone from game map and game memory, for those larger missions

and maybe leave a generic 'wreck' in its place, or at least have the option for it

This would be awesome. I see there already is a "static activate" trigger.

Also, there's an issue with spawning static units on the oil rigs. They spawn underneath it in the water. Also the ability to place land units on ships and sea shelf objects would really add some dynamic mission choices!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, evilnate said:

We deactivate the static objects with ordinance. 

Yes, great idea! I'll just blow up the static aircraft on the deck of the carrier I took-off from so I can late activate new statics on the bow of the ship instead. Can't wait to land on a smoldering heap of wreckage 10/10 👍