why buy the map? new in DCS

Ravent

First of all I am very new to DCS, so I don't understand the exact functionality and function of the maps.

In this map I have seen some spectacular pictures, but my question is:

What do you usually do when you buy this map, I see that it is not used in online servers?

Do you just use it to fly or do your own missions?

It seems to me a bit expensive, not to give it any use. And it's a pity because it's very nice.

But I understand that you don't want to fragment the community by using all the maps on the servers.

Look, the map just gives you possibilities. Yes, you can fly (or drive) right away (the modules usually include some missions), you can buy paid campaign, you can download user made missions and campaigns or you can make your own. You can even run it without any module and just look at every bit of place on the map, how the life goes, cars and trains driving, trees moving in the wind, looking at sea waves 🙂 It is of course about that particular place which many find suitable for history recreation or make fiction or just to visit the area they like. Personaly, I use SP mostly so it is the content which pushes me to buy the maps if I find it interesting.

Edited by draconus
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

1 hour ago, Ravent said:

First of all I am very new to DCS, so I don't understand the exact functionality and function of the maps.

In this map I have seen some spectacular pictures, but my question is:

What do you usually do when you buy this map, I see that it is not used in online servers?

Do you just use it to fly or do your own missions?

It seems to me a bit expensive, not to give it any use. And it's a pity because it's very nice.

But I understand that you don't want to fragment the community by using all the maps on the servers.

Hey!

Its THE best map for WW2, Normandy is sadly showing its age.
Its small, and very different. You can build campaigns around the Warbirds- FW190D Schnellkampfgeschwader 10 I. Gruppe.

Play MP missions with your friends, or Just practice landing on WW2 ALG's (WW2 FARP)

If you prefer modern stuff- Syria is the one.
But I love the FW190d and for that plane (and others) its a great home to come to grips with Warbirds.

If you dont like building your own missions, You might want to choose Syria- Thats the number 1 map right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/23/2021 at 4:05 PM, ZeroReady said:

Have a look at Briefing Room. https://akaagar.itch.io/briefing-room-for-dcs?download It's a simple to use yet powerful mission generator for DCS. You fill in the options you want and it spits out a mission file, ready to fly. Supports all maps and aircraft. I love it.

I don't know this mod, it sounds very interesting

one question, so this mission generator? Does it have the capability to generate ww2 or modern aircraft missions?

1 hour ago, Ravent said:

I don't know this mod, it sounds very interesting

one question, so this mission generator? Does it have the capability to generate ww2 or modern aircraft missions?

Yes! All aircraft, all timeframes, all coalitions, all maps! It's really great. You can customize everything.

• Thanks 1

If you like to fly warbirds you will enjoy the map.

If you like to fly with others, I recommend joining a group or starting a new group. Than you can fly multiplayer missions with the settings and maps you most enjoy.

I personally flew in a group in the past, but stopped because of my current time constraints.

I enjoy solo flying at the channel airfields in the spitfire. But I do not want to miss my past group experiences up in the skys over the channel 🙂

• Thanks 1

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS