Carrier progress and support!

headbreaker_ger

Well I first wanted to replay on a bug report BUT I thought it might get a bit too much off topic, so I think it's better to let some steam of this way.

3 hours ago, Maverick87Shaka said:

We've now a module ( Supercarrier is not a free asset of DCS World ) that is completely broken in multiplayer.

Let's be honest, even if ED disclaims that, the whole carrier didn't get much love in the past.

Whole Changelog:

Spoiler

Added clickable activation of cut lights and wave off lights for LSO station.
Added Departure Radio Messages
Carrier Landing Sound Improvements
Remove "request start-up" from radio menu on CV
SC CV on red uses old radio communications - Fixed
Approach Controller "signal is charlie" message should happen at 5 nm from the carrier and not 3 nm - Fixed
Case II recovery - missing radio ball call - Fixed
S-3 and E-2 not launching from supercarrier - Fixed
Added FLOLS indicator enable/disable checkbox into Special options panel.
Kuznetsov. Flight deck fences open and close without planes - fixed.
E-2D collision that appears in some cases on CVN74 deck - fixed.

Carrier accepts aircrafts even if the flight deck is damaged - Fixed.
F-14A replies "Hornet Ball" on landing - Fixed.

Crew only in one eye in VR in F2 view - fixed.

Static crew men have collision - Fixed
"See you at 10" stays after used - Fixed
AI F-14 In user mission gets stuck in middle of deck then vanishes - Fixed
Added more Variance in AI Carrier Approach Speed
SU-33 and Kuznetzov abort take off - Fixed
Lights are turned on on bridge and opened spaces below flight deck day time - Fixed
All aircraft spawn from runway - Fixed
Deck crew disappears on game PAUSE - Fixed

Added CVN-75.

Super carrier figures only render in one eye in VR and the encyclopedia - fixed.

Nimitz class. Updated geometry and texture of lights. IFLOLS lights attached to model.

Deck crew ignores player after helicopter takeoff in some cases - fixed.
Uncontrolled aircraft on six pack are ignored by landing aircraft - fixed. Note: collision fixed, but mission designers must ensure Six pack and routes for taxi are clear.
Helicopters block aircraft landing in some case (Helicopters land earlier and remain standing on the deck,after that the planes cannot land.) - fixed
Foul deck if moved back to spectator after blocking deck - fixed
AI AV-8B Spawn on same spots as other AI on SC - fixed
E2D goes beyond the deck of an aircraft carrier when turning - fixed
Assertion when server changes mission with Supercarrier to another mission - fixed
Radio dialogue case 3 available in MP (branch 2.5.6) without SC module - fixed
Improved textures of aircraft carriers.
Corrected island position.

Fix rain reflected light intensity
Add specular reflections for dynamic lights

IFLOLs helper visibility fixed.
New soundtrack for game GUI.
Uncontrolled AI affected by mission planner on super carrier only - fixed.
Player appears on the wrong Kuznecov if he doesn't have a module - fixed.

If an AI unit is damaged on the elevator or inside of the hanger deck, it will be teleported to the flight deck level - fixed
Corrected deck lights
It is possible to overload the Kuznetzov with helicopters, one spawn is to close to others - added limitation on helicopter count
LSO says "you are low" when above glidepath - corrected
IFLOLS indication is wrong if ship is rolling on waves - fixed

That might look like much stuff but, I mean ist it's nearly a year, but good thing is, we have a soundtrack in the Main menu,.... even most player I know turns the music in the main menu off, because its just annoying but for some people its might be a great deal.

What do we have? Nearly the same functionality as at release,... less because the marshalling is bugged,.. a iflos overlay switch,... that kinda works,... if it feels like and all planets are align,... well and the carrier turns into the wind, if you use Moose because,... its not possible to implement such a feature into the carrier by ed because,... nah who needs a carrier with the right wind over deck? I think maybe,... three guys in the whole world,... everybody else set low or no weather and let the carrier run by 25 Knots.... kinda solution. 

Oh yeah and I mean we will get the ready-room,... which I quite like,... and I mean it will come soon,... in around a half year,... we hope. We all know ED it the Release-Day-Problem,... Also yeah 5-MC ,... "On the Flight deck ready for the 1010 Depaturewindow,... we have nobody...., because the community switched to the free Stennis because its working"

So yes, I'm Ranting, I'm fed up, because yes the Carrier is not finished, we know that BUT all who paid for the Carrier in EA paid for the promise, not only with Money also with trust and honestly? ED let everyone down,... there is little info about progress,... "Look on this nice Pictures and features we want to bring,... we hope" 

I mean is really somebody who is honest happy with this change log? 

27 minutes ago, BoneDust said:

We noticed with the most recent update that you need to spread your wings when you line up behind the blast door.  If you do you will get marshalled on to the CAT.  You will not get any signal to spread your wings from the deck crew, but line up behind the blast door and spread them and you will get all 4 jets on the CATs.

So again, the Community searched, how to do workarounds for the problem,... test the problem, because if you write a bug report,.... the first thing,... before someone really reads you report is"Giv track" even for things like the wrong hemlet-textures,... someone put all F/A 18 squadron name with the wrong texture into the post,... but "Giv track otherwise I wont look into it",... after that if the problem is still active, "Already known case closed" but the problem is STILL in the game,... because its not possible to fix that,... I mean its editing luas,... nobody wants that,.....

Yesterday,... for a second I thought "maybe Im wrong, maybe ED cares, they most possibly knows that many F/A 18 communities use the supercarrier and bring a fix with that patch,...." Looked into the changelog,... "well that's possibly stuff the already knew about,... nice,.... that will be a funny weekend shore-ops all the way" 

Everybody who recommended the SC to a friend stands there like an Idiot,... because "Mhhh that never happened in the past",... we recommended a Module to a friend for $35 that is literally broken and ED sits there and says "ahhh thats fine" sure it get fixed,... someday,... maybe with the new Plane-Logistic-System that comes in 100 Years so better not hotfix it until because the fix will get obsolete the moment the new system comes online. 

So now I ranted a lot,... what do I want?
Simple if you consider buying the SC : Wait, don't buy it now

If you already have bought it : Show ED that you care about the Module and that "if" you dont like how they treat it,... that you dont like it. 
From ED : Dont fool us around,.. be honest at least thats what we deserve I think the SC-Guys showed they really hold there breath for features and fix the Carrier ASAP dont wait another 2 or 3 weeks for a patch,... 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 7

• 2 weeks later...

-> Do not buy a module before it is released! 😏

PC: Intel Core i7-12700K| Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4| 2x 32GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast (KF436C18BBAK2/64)| PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil| 3x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 3x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Fedora Linux| Windows 11|

Gear: Meta Quest 3| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind v2| Leap motion controller|

59 minutes ago, Flummi said:

How many modules are actually in release state though?

Multiplayer servers run on Open Beta. Probably half the modules, and almost all modern ones, are in Early Access (even 4-year-old Viggen). So waiting for a released module is not really in the DCS culture, and I don't think that's what ED wants from their customers (hello pre-order 6 months before early access release).

I don't think ranting solves anything. However I do agree with some points in the OP ; progress has been dead-slow on the SC, and to find it bugged in 2.7OB when it was fine in 2.5.6 and still bugged after a month is quite baffling.

I would also like to add that night shots are still a pain because the deck crew still isn't using glowsticks. You have to do the shooting sequence from memory because the shooter is invisible at night. It was reported and asked for since the initial release, we are one year later, still no glow stick. I find this to be a higher priority than a ready room or a hangar, which are "nice to have". Being able to use the Supercarrier 24/7 to take off is kind of the basic thing, yet after a year...nothing changed.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

9 hours ago, Flummi said:

Yea, and ED would be bankrupt, not to mention the third-party developers. They actively encourage people to buy early access products.

SC is a bit painful to have, more than a year has passed, and it feels like a completely abandoned module. Yea, I know there is a "lot" of stuff coming, but it's not enough, I mean, we don't have apoximate dates or anything. All of this makes it very hard to believe this module would be even finished one day and not being abandoned half way, is just frustrating 😕

• Like 2

• ED Team

Hi all, 

Appreciate you are frustrated, the new features are taking their time and we do have some issues being worked on in open beta currently. 

We can only apologies for the slow progress, the work being done is bringing new tech to DCS and it will take time to get right. 

The open beta issues are being worked on currently particularly the launch issues in multiplayer which has been fixed internally ready for the next patch. 

I dont have a date for the next patch yet, it depends on other high priority issues the team are currently working on. 

thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 11

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

some issues being worked on in open beta currently.

Well I offer my assistance testing.  I have the SC and Hornet and Tomcat.

• Like 1

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

26 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

The open beta issues are being worked on currently particularly the launch issues in multiplayer which has been fixed internally ready for the next patch. 

I dont have a date for the next patch yet, it depends on other high priority issues the team are currently working on. 

thanks

You see and there, right there lies the no. 1 Problem,... a broken, paid module just don't have any priority,... and that's something I cannot understand,... we had hotfixes for campaigns and so on in the past, but a broken module, that is been used by many communities simply is not worth a hotfix. 

Im really sorry but thats simply bad patch-policy and a slap in the face for everyone who bought the super carrier. And the bad support and progress a problem with the carrier from the start on. I really feel ashamed ever recommended the carrier to a friend. 

But hey thanks for your answer now we are clear about the situation just wait another month or two until any "real" Module needs a patch so hopefully ED patches the Carrier without breaking something else because of the great testing.... 

Edited by headbreaker_ger
  • Like 1

• ED Team
35 minutes ago, headbreaker_ger said:

You see and there, right there lies the no. 1 Problem,... a broken, paid module just don't have any priority,... and that's something I cannot understand,... we had hotfixes for campaigns and so on in the past, but a broken module, that is been used by many communities simply is not worth a hotfix. 

Im really sorry but thats simply bad patch-policy and a slap in the face for everyone who bought the super carrier. And the bad support and progress a problem with the carrier from the start on. I really feel ashamed ever recommended the carrier to a friend. 

But hey thanks for your answer now we are clear about the situation just wait another month or two until any "real" Module needs a patch so hopefully ED patches the Carrier without breaking something else because of the great testing.... 

Early access is a long process, if this process has made you feel disheartened I understand, and if you dont take up early access next time we will appreciate your support once the product goes into full release. 

Regarding open beta, it is a public testing build, there will be development ups and downs during development. We hotfix when we can, sometimes like now we are dealing with more than one issue, and we are waiting for other major issues to be fixed before we patch.

For a more stable experience please use the stable version. 

I know you are not going to like my answers, but that is how it is. 

Thanks

• Like 7

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

Early access is a long process, if this process has made you feel disheartened I understand, and if you dont take up early access next time we will appreciate your support once the product goes into full release. 

Regarding open beta, it is a public testing build, there will be development ups and downs during development. We hotfix when we can, sometimes like now we are dealing with more than one issue, and we are waiting for other major issues to be fixed before we patch.

For a more stable experience please use the stable version. 

I know you are not going to like my answers, but that is how it is. 

Thanks

No, it has nothing to do to like or not to like your answers, I appreciate all feedback. 

But to say "Use stable" is like mentioned above no real possibility in DCS,... and thats how it is.

Also I think all SC users showed a real big part of patience, we showed a long breath for the whole project BUT I think this should also be rewarded and at least if for such a major bug for a module a fix is available, it should be open for all to test.

If there is a real reason why a hotfix is not possible Im full on board to delay, if a next major patch is planned for the next week am totally happy with it BUT to say "We dont patch it because we wait to patch real module-stuff because the carrier is just a sideline-guy" well yes in that case Im kinda disappointed. 

I spend, like many players, a few bucks in DCS , even for modules I dont use in a kind of support for ED and even if I criticized ED for the Hornet-Disaster or the SC-Release,.. I brought some new players to the game, recommended it, gifted Modules to friends and so on, but my whole experience in the SC really brings me to doubt that a bit. Even if I think ED is doing a great Job,.. its a real pity how the buyers of the SC are treated. 

In the end, it would be great if ED considers, that some strategies or priorities they have need an overhaul or adaptation to grow together with the community. 

You should see it this way, I rant because DCS is for me an important hobby, because its worth to spend my time to write my concerns in a language, I mean it obvious, that is not my native language and I usually don't use it that much. I spend this time because I think DCS can be a great hobby and has a great community but sometimes ED is just doing things that are just hurting the progress and the community.  

• Like 5

• ED Team

Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated so dont feel like you are ranting, you are not. 

The reality is this whole process takes a long time, is super complex, and requires hundreds of man hours to test, we do our best, sometimes things go well, sometimes they dont.

We can only try to do the best we can. 

thanks

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

The reality is this whole process takes a long time, is super complex, and requires hundreds of man hours to test, we do our best, sometimes things go well, sometimes they dont.

DCSW has a LOT of moving parts...do what you got to do.  Whispers...but get more beta testers.

• Like 1

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

6 hours ago, headbreaker_ger said:

But to say "Use stable" is like mentioned above no real possibility in DCS,... and thats how it is.

I get your frustration, and sympathize with you - but this is one thing I don't understand...  I fly DCS almost exclusively in stable release. (Primarily online / multiplayer). There appears to be numerous servers on stable release. (And I'm not sure whether that number is growing as more server administrators want less time chasing bugs and coding patches with the more frequent open beta releases). 

Sure - I know that means I can't have nice clouds now and have to wait a bit longer, but since changing from OB to SR I've had a more pleasant DCS experience as there are fewer bugs to deal with. (Not eliminated, but fewer to deal with than OB). 

Just wondering why you say that switching to stable is no real possibility for you?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Well, its fixed internally. That's good news. Any chance you could tag the bug report topic with "fixed internally"? Many thanks.

• Like 1

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

7 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

I get your frustration, and sympathize with you - but this is one thing I don't understand...  I fly DCS almost exclusively in stable release. (Primarily online / multiplayer). There appears to be numerous servers on stable release. (And I'm not sure whether that number is growing as more server administrators want less time chasing bugs and coding patches with the more frequent open beta releases). 

Sure - I know that means I can't have nice clouds now and have to wait a bit longer, but since changing from OB to SR I've had a more pleasant DCS experience as there are fewer bugs to deal with. (Not eliminated, but fewer to deal with than OB). 

Just wondering why you say that switching to stable is no real possibility for you?

I couldn't agree with you more. I am also running the SR for a better user experience, and I think it goes without saying that anyone with the OB installed should expect a few bumps in the road. But I think the OP's point is more the lack of updates for the SC.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mower said:

Whispers...but get more beta testers.

Automated, not protein-based testing, is the only way to go with a complex system.

• Like 3

VR, i9, Winwing, TM and VKB.

2, 4, ban, ban, 2

Any chance of a hotfix for the carrier marshalling issue?  I think that would ease the frustration.

cheers

• Like 4

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Thanks for the feedback BigNewey.....I dont know what research etc ED did before deciding to add the hanger bay and ready room functionality to the module, but I really dont see the point  - Most SC users will be Multiplayer and squad based and there is no need to use these features .....at best they are a thing you might look at once and think, that's cool, you can go down into the hanger bay....and briefings etc will be done on discord or teamspeak etc I am sure.....

These features must be sucking up huge amounts of man hours for something that the vast majority of users wont use. Far better to point these resources at the problems already listed by the OP I feel......Cant understand why these are being prioritized over getting whats already released functioning correctly.....The eye candy could then be resumed as a lesser priority

Edited by markturner1960
  • Like 13

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I am just trying to understand. At the moment, the most I can get on the flight deck is 16 F18's (AI). I can add more, but the additional jets appear 2 at a time on one of the elevators as room becomes available. We are also suppose to be able to access the hanger by pressing RtShitf + F9, but nothing happens so I am guessing that the hanger will be added in a subsequent patch?. But once the hanger is added, wouldn't it be useful to increase the number of real player spawn points for large missions, or MP servers?  

15 hours ago, Callsign112 said:

I am just trying to understand. At the moment, the most I can get on the flight deck is 16 F18's (AI). I can add more, but the additional jets appear 2 at a time on one of the elevators as room becomes available. We are also suppose to be able to access the hanger by pressing RtShitf + F9, but nothing happens so I am guessing that the hanger will be added in a subsequent patch?. But once the hanger is added, wouldn't it be useful to increase the number of real player spawn points for large missions, or MP servers?  

Hangars and stuff like that are all on the roadmap. So is ground crew taxiing you to the cat, which seems like a must-have if you want to spawn 16 or more Hornets in multiplayer. With AI as well, I already see AIs stuck together with 3-4 planes on the deck, so 16 launching properly seems like a dream at the moment.😏

Let's be optimistic for today's announced OB patch: it will fix the launching problems and we will be able to enjoy the SC again! Yeah! *I hope*

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

As a VR user i´m very eager for the ready room and future functionalities of the Supercarrier (ready room, hangar bay, etc). I see squadrons doing the briefing/debriefing in the ready room.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I completely understand the OpenBeta thing and appreciate that this SuperCarrier is a marvel of AI engineering as well as a masterpiece of graphics art but the one thing about its current state of disrepair in regards to getting hooked up on the catapults, is that prior to the introduction of 2.7, everything on the SC seemed to be working fairly well. It's just so frustrating for this lay person to see that a) the problem got by the ED testers in the first place and b) the solution would be so elusive. It's not like ED is trying to introduce some brand new SC technology for the first time in the 2.7 patch. It was there already and worked great. Now it's broken. How difficult is it to take a look at the code for the SC catapult AI and see what has changed since 2.7 came down? There's no doubt in my mind that it will get fixed, just frustrated is all.

Edited by AG-51_Razor
  • Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 5/4/2021 at 10:58 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

CVN_Hangar.jpg

CVN-Briefing_Room.jpg

LSO cockpit has added clicleable botton funtionality.

Those are nice, but moot when deck crew doesn't work properly with multiple jets, AI taxi issues and spawn location issues clog up the deck so much assets can't get airborne, no marshaling wands for night ops, no automatic CASE I/III switching when the sun rises or sets, incorrect LSO calls for the Tomcat, etc. Or are the hangar and ready rooms being made so we can sit somewhere after we give up trying to launch a strike package?

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 6:02 PM, markturner1960 said:

Most SC users will be Multiplayer and squad based

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of SP users who like to use the SC in missions and campaigns. Other than that I agree.

As a Tomcat pilot I have no business in the hangar, LSO or Airboss. I have yet to see what ready room is for - if it's new kind of briefing before the mission - it might be fun but definitely not priority. All this is far below glow sticks, taxi marshalling, 'burble' and Tomcat compatibility for me. I guess "by popular demand" they choose different roadmap.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 4

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria