RPM gauge backwards in crewed multiplayer

Hammer1-1

Last night during an autorotation training session with another player, I noticed that the main rotor RPM gauge and the tail rotor RPM gauge were swapped with each other. Basically, we had to follow the little needle on the RPM gauge to gauge main rotor RPM while the large needle swayed out of bounds. https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4dnixupxlsg7sf/autorotation.rar?dl=0

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Haven't watched your track, but from your description the Nr indication seems correct.

The dual tachometer indicates both the Nr (main rotor RPM) on the inner scale with the short needle, and the N2 (Power Turbine RPM) on the outer scale with the long needle.

In DCS during an auto with the engine running and the throttle at idle the N2 indicates incorrectly, it should fall to around 5400 RPM. This issue has been reported for years.

In DCS during an auto with the engine off the N2 indicates correctly.

There's no gauge for tail rotor RPM.

Edited by HuggyBear
  • Like 1

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

Now are you sure the big needle is the N2 gauge? Ive been flying the huey since day 1 and I seem to recall using the big needle for controlling disk speed in autorotations all this time. Ill double check my videos and whatnot, but I honestly think thats backwards. Whether or not it has a tail rotor indicator is kind of a moot point as thats what I was lead to believe was the small needle on the tach.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I'm sure.

It's even written on the face of the gauge, the inner ring has 'ROTOR' and the outer has 'ENGINE'.

The reason you've been using the big needle in auto is because ED/BST modelled it incorrectly. In auto the N2 shouldn't rise to match the Nr, it should fall to around 5400.

Next time you practice an auto, Instead of winding the throttle back to idle, shut off your fuel valve to actually shut down your engine, then you'll see the correct needle indications.

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

I usually click the fuel shutoff switch next to the governor. Ill give it a whirl again to confirm tomorrow, but that coincides with what I saw yesterday. When did they implement this change?

My wallpaper and skins

Been like that the whole time.

Reported back in 2014, or maybe earlier. 😄

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/110300-incorrect-n2-indication-in-autorotation/?tab=comments#comment-3944354

Edited by HuggyBear
  • Like 1

- Robert A. Heinlein

Well, looks like you are correct. Guess I have to change my way of thinking in the cockpit now, so thanks for the heads up.

My wallpaper and skins