Tips on getting TPOD to lock moving targets?

USAF-Falcon87

Hey everybody,

I am having a tough time getting the TPOD to lock moving targets. I am in MT track, I move the cursor over the target... no luck. Maybe one time in 20 can I get it to lock.

Didn’t seem this bad in the previous generation LITENING pod. Anybody got any recommendations?

sounds like you are still too far away from the target. try pressing your NWS button when your in IRMAV mode to change Field of View, and dont depress the TDC to aquire a target lock until your not further away than ~5 nm

the Mav in real life still has problems to lock until your only about 1-2 nm away from your target

Edited by Wisky

On 4/25/2021 at 3:44 PM, USAF-Falcon87 said:

For some more detail, I can get the TPOD to get a point track, but once I try to switch to the Maverick to launch, it drops the lock and wanders off into Kansas somewhere as soon as I'm not in TPOD HOTAS most.

This might be a bug. Currently, the second you leave TPOD HOTAS mode it goes into INR and stops tracking. It's not your fault, it's just doing that now.

DCS A/V-8B: Harrier IR Mavericks + TPOD Tutorial - YouTube

The Problem I have.... Light Poles and Powerline Poles..... Here is the Scenario

There this big Tank driving down the road (Targeting pod in FLIR)... nice hot and juicy...  finally PT catches... wonderful.... but there look at that... he is approaching a section of road with a parallel Powerline....  NOoooooooooo Noooooooooooo... SNAP the Targeting pot logic considers every power pole a better target then the tank and it keeps snapping on to them until you are so frustrated you just want to eject, hopefully with an axe in your survival gear so you can walk up to those damn poles and try to cause havoc to them, as many as possible before the enemy puts you under arrest. That's why nobody would ever go to war in this region....  too many poles that will render high tech shit useless and drives your pilots into insanity.... 

Edited by HansPeter1981

My System specs: Cpu 5800x3d liquid cooled GPU 7900XTX Ram 32GB 3600mhz cl16 Motherboard B550M MSI, Windows 10 PRO on NVMe Drive, DCS on its own SSD, Monitor Philips 32" 4k curved adaptive Sync framerate capped at 59fps, Trackir 5, VKB