High Digit SAMs - A community asset pack for DCS World

Auranis

17 часов назад, LetMePickThat сказал:

Пока это всего лишь грузовик. Он предназначен для использования в качестве локального командного узла в Скайнете.

Thank you,I already realized that this is a truck and that it should be a command post(C2?), I tried to make it like a PPRU Sborka through LUA-something didn't work out, but I made it manageable for the player.It is only necessary to correct the view camera and make an animation of the wheels-they do not spin.

Screen_210626_133620.png

Screen_210626_133632.png

17 часов назад, LetMePickThat сказал:

For now it's just a truck. It is intended to be used as a local command node in Skynet.

Tell me, is there something new added to the mod, my version 1.4.2. downloaded in April.

21 minutes ago, Чарик80 said:

Thank you,I already realized that this is a truck and that it should be a command post(C2?), I tried to make it like a PPRU Sborka through LUA-something didn't work out, but I made it manageable for the player.It is only necessary to correct the view camera and make an animation of the wheels-they do not spin.

That's interesting. We have done some testing here too with CA, but not with the Polyana D4M.

We have no plans to make that specific vehicle driveable, although I'm still trying to get point defenses like the SA-22 player-controllable via CA.

Tell me, is there something new added to the mod, my version 1.4.2. downloaded in April.

That's the latest version. I will push a few bugfixes and suggestions in the upcoming days, it will then be to Auranis to decide when to release a new version, and which changes will make it through.

44 minutes ago, Чарик80 said:

In principle, yes, why make it manageable-if it is for stationary S300

Exactly. As multi-vehicles systems aren't player-controllable, that's not something that makes sense to do.

I'm glad you tried it though, that's an interesting experiment.

• 2 weeks later...

Are these systems designed or supposed to give any kind of missile warning?  In testing we are getting radar warnings but no apparent audible tone that a missile has locked on and no indication on the RWR either.  This is on everything but the SA-17.

6 hours ago, Warhawk67 said:

Are these systems designed or supposed to give any kind of missile warning?  In testing we are getting radar warnings but no apparent audible tone that a missile has locked on and no indication on the RWR either.  This is on everything but the SA-17.

Missiles are not supposed to lock, they don't have an active sensor.

What RWR alerts are you getting?

10 hours ago, LetMePickThat said:

Missiles are not supposed to lock, they don't have an active sensor.

What RWR alerts are you getting?

I'll answer your question first, the SA-17 is coming back as a SA-11.  Pretty sure I read somewhere on gethub that things like that were to be expected for now.  As for the other missiles, when I posted that last night it was under the impression that there were no RWR indications about a missile or missile threat other than the initial tone for a radar lock.  After posting and through further testing we found that with the SA-23 we were getting a U on the RWR display (guessing meant as unknown contact).  We are going to test further to see if that was there for other systems and were just missed.

Out of curiosity (and please don't read any sarcasm into the following it's a genuine question poorly worded I'm sure)what documentation did you refer to that stated the missiles relied soley on the ground radar's direction?  IE "Missiles are not supposed to lock, they don't have an active sensor".  Or did that info come from a SME?

The missiles are semi-active radar homing.   They require that the SAM illuminate the target for them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

They are basically saying that these radars are LPI and your old RWR has no way of detecting the lock/launch.  If you look previously in the thread I disagree with this but it's not my call 🙂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

36 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

They are basically saying that these radars are LPI and your old RWR has no way of detecting the lock/launch.  If you look previously in the thread I disagree with this but it's not my call 🙂

That's a shame I was looking forward to using this mod for our wing but that's going to be a deal breaker.  I read your earlier discussion and my point is there is NO warning at all when the missile locks on even though the makers seem to indicate that it should.  I'm ok (as in if I have to give up something) to a no launch warning but having zero warning at all makes the mod unusable, outside of selective employment of radar units which cuts out the main reason why I was looking at using it.  Sad really given the work that has gone into this mod in the first place.

There should be no warning when the missile locks on, the missile itself is passive, but a launch warning should be come whenever the SAM switches to a guidance waveform - this could happen at launch or later.

Unfortunately DCS only supports a launch tone when a missile goes active, or at launch - not when the radar switches modes.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

52 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

There should be no warning when the missile locks on, the missile itself is passive, but a launch warning should be come whenever the SAM switches to a guidance waveform - this could happen at launch or later.

Unfortunately DCS only supports a launch tone when a missile goes active, or at launch - not when the radar switches modes.

As I said for us anyways this is going to make it difficult, if not impossible, to justify the inclusion of the mod pack for our group.  I get the push for realism but the game play aspect of it also comes into effect as noted by Letmepickthat in this statement "There's also a gameplay component to it. DCS doesn't allow us to have a launch warning past the mid-guidance phase, the only options we have (for now, at least) are to either have a launch warning as soon as the missile leaves the tube, or no launch warning at all. The problerm is that for long-range missile with a three or four minutes-long flight, having a launch warning right off the bat makes defeating the system very easy. " 

There are ways to hold off units from launching at max range too I know but without proper counter measures, most of which are still classified, it makes leveling the playing field, so to speak, to a degree that would not only both make sense but also allow for growth and learning over time difficult to say the least.  Unfortunately my initial "excitement" on this mod is waning fast which in and of itself is sad because it would have been nice to include some of the newer more advanced systems in upcoming internal campaign missions.

• Like 1

I suspect that under the circumstances, removal of the specific speed bump (SAM) would be the mission itself.

There's a lot of desire to run 50 missions in one mission, but this sort of GBAD would simply be its own problem, combined with enemy air power and layering.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, GGTharos said:

In all fairness we are still testing, doing so as I type, and are finding that with the 20A's your spike warning is your launch warning.

Ok in all fairness to the mod makers and those that might only read the tail end of a forum thread this is actually going to work.  You do effectively get a launch warning, it's when the radar locks onto you because as soon as the radar locks a missile is on it's way with the S-300 variants.  They show up on the RWR as a SA10.  The SA-23 shows as  U and acts just like the SA-20A and B.  Looking forward to using this mod.

5 hours ago, Warhawk67 said:

Ok in all fairness to the mod makers and those that might only read the tail end of a forum thread this is actually going to work.  You do effectively get a launch warning, it's when the radar locks onto you because as soon as the radar locks a missile is on it's way with the S-300 variants.  They show up on the RWR as a SA10.  The SA-23 shows as  U and acts just like the SA-20A and B.  Looking forward to using this mod.

The SA-23 should show the relevant codes for the High Screen (HS) and Billboard (BD) radars. The "U" is used only for the 9S32ME Grill Pan, because we don't have the relevant code. On the SA-12, this "U" is replaced by the "12" indication for the legacy 9S32. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 8:05 AM, AvgeekJoe said:

Thanks for this.  Will use in building some missions going forward.

Gotta ask... any chance of any surface-to-ship missiles like a Bal like what was in "Hunter Killer", and a Bastion-P and possibly the Rubezh-ME/Neptun?  Thanks in advance.

I could probably make these, but I would have to release them as a separate mod as they are completely outside the scope of HDSM.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LetMePickThat said:

I could probably make these, but I would have to release them as a separate mod as they are completely outside the scope of HDSM.

Thanks, I'm willing to be patient and help when/where I can.  I just really think these are good mobile high-priority targets.

1 hour ago, ljStock said:

Is there any way we can get a full list of the F-16 HARM codes for the SA12, 20A, 20B. and 23 SRs and TRs? I saw you mention before the SA-12s but not the others.

All S-300P variants (PMU1, PMU2, PS) use the same codes as the default S-300PS from DCSW.

Only the S-300V and VM have different codes, as they use radars from different families altogether.

• Like 1