High Digit SAMs - A community asset pack for DCS World

Auranis

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, ghostdog688 said:

This might seem a little strange asking here, but is anyone working on SA-4 'Ganef' (aka 9M11 'Krug')? Would be a nice change of pace.

The issue with creating new systems instead of variants of already-ingame ones is that we can't have RWR and HARM codes for these. That is one of the reasons why we stuck with S-300, SA-2 and SA-3 derivatives (plus manpads). That said, I'm curious to see how the SA-5 will be implemented. If they do so without using the corefiles, maybe we'll find a way to add custom codes for completely new systems. We'll have to wait for the SA-5 to be released to be sure.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure whether this is the appropriate Topic to address my question.

Do you intend to include more ballistic missiles? I mean, you're working on the S-300 and SAMP/T, which have the potential to compete with BMs. So, could we expect more ballistic missile assets other than the standard Scud-B?

3 minutes ago, Mirage-4000 said:

I'm not sure whether this is the appropriate Topic to address my question.

Do you intend to include more ballistic missiles? I mean, you're working on the S-300 and SAMP/T, which have the potential to compete with BMs. So, could we expect more ballistic missile assets other than the standard Scud-B?

I've tried to, and failed.

The Scud is using a dedicated .scheme file, and it has been quite hard to get it to work with longer-ranged missiles. I'd love to find a way to solve the problem, but no luck so far.

Edited by LetMePickThat
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, LetMePickThat said:

I've tried to, and failed.

The Scud is using a dedicated .scheme file, and it has been quite hard to get it to work with longer-ranged missiles. I'd love to find a way to solve the problem, but no luck so far.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with these things. However, I hope you can find a way out of this issue. 

What about shorter and smaller ballistic missiles, were you able to work with? Like the Iranian Fateh would be really interesting stuff.  

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 9:25 PM, Mirage-4000 said:

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with these things. However, I hope you can find a way out of this issue. 

What about shorter and smaller ballistic missiles, were you able to work with? Like the Iranian Fateh would be really interesting stuff.  

It's roughly the same problem, although the Fateh-110 was on my list. Range, accuracy and other parameters are quite tightly defined.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shrike88 said:

Even if not functional any time soon a RT-2PM PM-2 Topol M TEL vehicle would be cool in the game.  Even if functional later down the road.  Would be a fun Target 😉

Agreed.

Also need some shore-to-ship missiles like the Bastion & Bal.  I hope for the Bal.  From WikiPedia...

A Bal system has four self-propelled launcher vehicles each carrying eight missiles for a total of 32 missiles in a salvo, plus reloads for another wave. The launchers can be up to 10 km from the coast and hit targets at ranges up to 120 km (75 mi; 65 nmi).[16] Currently, the Bal system is equipped with an upgraded version of the Kh-35E increasing the range to 300 km (190 mi; 160 nmi).[17][18] At IMDS 2019, a new version of the Russian Bal-E coastal defence system was presented for the first time. The four-tube Rubezh-ME, dedicated to the export market, is based on a Kamaz 63501 8x8 chassis which is more compact than the MZKT-7930 of the original Bal-E.[19][20] As reported on October 19, 2021 by the TASS news agency, a new missile of the Bal coastal missile complex developed and manufactured by Tactical Missile Armament Corporation (KTRV) will allow hitting targets at a distance of over 500 km. The new capabilities of the complex made it comparable in range and the possibility of firing on the ground with the Bastion missile system using the Onyx supersonic missile, a source in the defense industry said.[21]

But that's me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

First of all, thank you for this wonderful MOD.

Now my question : When i'm looking the the logfile in : ...Saved Games\DCS\Logs if found the following lines

2021-11-09 18:44:45.412 ERROR   Scripting: plugin: HighDigitSAMs unit replace S-300PS 30N6 TRAILER tr not allowed
2021-11-09 18:44:45.415 ERROR   Scripting: plugin: HighDigitSAMs unit replace S-300PS SA-10B 40B6M MAST tr not allowed
2021-11-09 18:44:45.418 ERROR   Scripting: plugin: HighDigitSAMs unit replace S-300PS SA-10B 40B6MD MAST sr not allowed
2021-11-09 18:44:45.420 ERROR   Scripting: plugin: HighDigitSAMs unit replace S-300PS 64H6E TRAILER sr not allowed

And in High Digit SAMs\Database\Vehicle\radar the following files 

30H6 S-300PS TR Trailer.lua40B6MD S-300PS SR Mast.lua40B6M S-300PS TR Mast.lua  and 64H6E S-300PS SR Trailer.lua

ended with the line : add_surface_unit(GT). When I delete these lines there are no more errors ! Does it have any influance ? Thank's.

PS : The other files in this directory dont have this add_surface_unit(GT) line.

Attached the modified files.

64H6E S-300PS SR Trailer.lua 30H6 S-300PS TR Trailer.lua 40B6MD S-300PS SR Mast.lua 40B6M S-300PS TR Mast.lua

Edited by Michelange

EVAC : French fighter school on LockOn: Flaming Cliffs

Moding tutorials at C6

14 hours ago, Michelange said:

Hello,

First of all, thank you for this wonderful MOD.

Now my question : When i'm looking the the logfile in : ...Saved Games\DCS\Logs if found the following lines

And in High Digit SAMs\Database\Vehicle\radar the following files 

ended with the line : add_surface_unit(GT). When I delete these lines there are no more errors ! Does it have any influance ? Thank's.

PS : The other files in this directory dont have this add_surface_unit(GT) line.

Attached the modified files.

64H6E S-300PS SR Trailer.lua 2.19 kB · 1 download 30H6 S-300PS TR Trailer.lua 2.86 kB · 1 download 40B6MD S-300PS SR Mast.lua 2.14 kB · 1 download 40B6M S-300PS TR Mast.lua 2.94 kB · 1 download

That line is just a leftover from the original file I modified. add_surface_unit(GT) is used to add the unit to the load list, but since HDSM uses another file for that the line is redundant and creates the "replace not allowed" message since the game tells you that it can't load twice the same unit. It has no consequence on the mod, and I planned to remove them for the next mod update when Auranis will release it. Removing said line should not impair the functionnality of the mod.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 7:22 PM, Clivey said:

Hi, is there anything special I need to do in order to install this mod? I've extracted and pasted the 'HighDigitSAMs-main' folder into the Mods folder but the new SAMs aren't showing-up in the Mission Editor.

It's been a long time since I've installed the mod from Github, but if my memory serves me well, you just have one useless layer of folders and you're not exactly in the right place.

Inside your "HighDigitSAMs-main" folder, you should have a "HighDigitSAMs" folder. This second folder should go in Mods/Tech. Please see below my own install, and try to replicate that folder structure. Tell me if it works. 🙂

EDIT: the .lua file should be named "entry.lua" and not "_entry.lua", I'm just messing with my install here to try new stuff. Apart from that, both your install and mine should end up the same.

image.png

Edited by LetMePickThat
  • Like 1

30.11.2021 в 18:32, LetMePickThat сказал:

It's been a long time since I've installed the mod from Github, but if my memory serves me well, you just have one useless layer of folders and you're not exactly in the right place.

Inside your "HighDigitSAMs-main" folder, you should have a "HighDigitSAMs" folder. This second folder should go in Mods/Tech. Please see below my own install, and try to replicate that folder structure. Tell me if it works. 🙂

EDIT: the .lua file should be named "entry.lua" and not "_entry.lua", I'm just messing with my install here to try new stuff. Apart from that, both your install and mine should end up the same.

image.png

Hi, I haven't looked into the mod folder, before I recently decided to try inserting Brahmos into one of the launchers, went into the folder and what I see is---Brahmos launcher.lua, where is it-let's create it.

30.11.2021 в 18:32, LetMePickThat сказал:

image.png

you can take Giant TEL D and insert a Brahmos rocket into it, will it work?