High Digit SAMs - A community asset pack for DCS World

Auranis

7 hours ago, Чарик80 said:

you can take Giant TEL D and insert a Brahmos rocket into it, will it work?

Ah, no, since it's a different weapon system type (SAM vs AShCM), it won't work. If you want to do that, I'd advise using one of the anti-ship cruise missiles of the game as a starting point.

Edited by LetMePickThat

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2021 at 3:32 PM, LetMePickThat said:

It's been a long time since I've installed the mod from Github, but if my memory serves me well, you just have one useless layer of folders and you're not exactly in the right place.

Inside your "HighDigitSAMs-main" folder, you should have a "HighDigitSAMs" folder. This second folder should go in Mods/Tech. Please see below my own install, and try to replicate that folder structure. Tell me if it works. 🙂

EDIT: the .lua file should be named "entry.lua" and not "_entry.lua", I'm just messing with my install here to try new stuff. Apart from that, both your install and mine should end up the same.

image.png

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try! 😁

EDIT: I appreciate the help but after copying your file structure, I'm getting the following error upon trying to launch DCS:

Untitled.jpg

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by Clivey
New information

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just downloaded this as I want to use the firecan and KS19. Do you only need to have these two units in the same group? Any waypoint actions at all? I just tried 4 of them in a group with a firecan, and two additional S60's, and only the S60's seemed to engage the plane I sent to at 12k ft? 

55 minutes ago, SoW Reddog said:

Hi, just downloaded this as I want to use the firecan and KS19. Do you only need to have these two units in the same group? Any waypoint actions at all? I just tried 4 of them in a group with a firecan, and two additional S60's, and only the S60's seemed to engage the plane I sent to at 12k ft? 

The KS-19 was broken by ED a few updates ago, I believe that @Hextopiaand @Auranisare still trying to find a way so solve that issue.

On 12/28/2021 at 7:56 PM, Clivey said:

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try! 😁

EDIT: I appreciate the help but after copying your file structure, I'm getting the following error upon trying to launch DCS:

Untitled.jpg

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Can you send me the exact installation path you're using?

9 hours ago, Sl1ck said:

Good day and thank you so much for your work on this.

Unfortunately I appear to have discovered a bug with the SA23 system.

I see that this was also raised on GITHUB a while ago, my scenario is the site is on an island with a B1 (or Multiple) approaching ,45000 Mach 1.4 flying straight towards.

All other sites function as expected, HOWEVER:

The vast majority of the missiles fired by the SA23 system 82M / 83M missiles explode mid flight for no reason.

This is true with a single target, or multiple targets.

The SA20B for example works perfectly as expected.

I Also expected the SA23 to outperform the SA20B range wise, but they fire at around the same time ~100nm as per the documents provided In the mod.

That's a nasty bug that should be solved with the next version of the mod. Please send me your mission so that I can take a look though, it's always useful.

As for the range, both the 9M92M from the S-300VM and the 48N6E2 from the S-300PMU2 have a maximum range of around 200 km. Only the S-400 (48N6DM, 250km, 40N6, 400km, not demonstrated) and the S-300V4 (9M83ME, 150km, 9M82ME, 380km), have longer ranges.

Screenshot_20220112-102004.png 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sl1ck said:

S19S19I think I've solved it,

It appears to be affected by the order that you create the site in, so for example below the missiles keep exploding with a B1/ multiple approaching at 45000, M1.4

UNIT 1 TEL
UNIT 2 TEL
UNIT 3 TEL
UNIT 4 TEL
UNIT 5 CP
UNIT 6 GRILL PAN TR
UNIT 7 HIGH SCREEN SR
UNIT 8 BILL BOARD SR

Firstly the high screen on its own as a SR does not work at all on planes, only on SCUDS. 

If I delete UNIT 7 HIGH SCREEN SR the site works fine.

If I change the order so that:

UNIT 7 BILL BOARD SR
UNIT 8 HIGH SCREEN SR

The site works fine again.

Something to do with the coding in DCS for sure.

Please have a go.

You're partially correct. 🙂

The 9S19M2 is in fact able to track planes, cruise missile or any other high flying target.

The problem arise when said targets dip below the minimum elevation angle of the radar, either because they're too close or because they dropped in altitude. Putting the 9S15M2 first in the group solves the issue because it makes it the "defaut" search radar, but it's not convenient for mission makers. I found two ways to solve the problem.

• The first one is to make the 9S19M2 more capable against airbreathers so that it can be used from start to finish during engagements versus planes.
  • The second is to make it even less relevant for conventional SAM engagements, so that the system has no choice but to pick the 9S15M2 when dealing with planes.

I still haven't picked an approach yet but I'm more enclined towards the first one, as IRL the 9S19M2 has very decent capabilities against all sort of targets.

Edited by LetMePickThat
typo edit

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2021 at 10:18 PM, Shrike88 said:

Even if not functional any time soon a RT-2PM PM-2 Topol M TEL vehicle would be cool in the game.  Even if functional later down the road.  Would be a fun Target 😉

Seems with everything going on lately, TopolM and other TEL targets are becoming more relevant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shrike88 said:

Seems with everything going on lately, TopolM and other TEL targets are becoming more relevant. 

We don't have the right map for that (those would be deployed in Ru only), and I'm not a huge fan of building missions and making mods based on the tragedy we're currently going through; I think this would be a lack of respect for the soldiers of both sides.

• Like 7

On 2/27/2022 at 10:09 PM, LetMePickThat said:

We don't have the right map for that (those would be deployed in Ru only), and I'm not a huge fan of building missions and making mods based on the tragedy we're currently going through; I think this would be a lack of respect for the soldiers of both sides.

I have the same opinion. On the weekend personally i didn´t feel right to fly and doing some bombings, just took off with no weapons and did a deployment transfer instead. Dark times we´re living.

Besides that thank you for your work so far and for sharing with us. Stay safe.

Best regards from Portugal.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 6:12 AM, LetMePickThat said:

The KS-19 was broken by ED a few updates ago, I believe that @Hextopiaand @Auranisare still trying to find a way so solve that issue.

Any word on this one in particular? I was really looking forward to this part of it myself. Not that any of the items in the previous posts don't pique my interest! 😄

Just wondering whether the SA-12/20/23 should be appearing on the HAD in the Viper?  I've played a couple of missions lately where they aren't showing up.  I assume that is just a DCS limitation, but just wanted to confirm the behavior.

HDSHADmissing.png

Edited by Biggus
Added pic

12 hours ago, Biggus said:

Just wondering whether the SA-12/20/23 should be appearing on the HAD in the Viper?  I've played a couple of missions lately where they aren't showing up.  I assume that is just a DCS limitation, but just wanted to confirm the behavior.

Yep.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to add custom SAM systems to the HAD... 😕

• Like 1