Propeller effect - Lighter color in left eye

average_pilot

I noticed also. Not rendered correcly in L eye.

EDIT: Confirmed. The bug doesn´t exists in the previous update (2.7.0.4625). Please ED, don´t break more VR things, initial release II WW planes 2.7 helix effects was perfect in VR. Now with last update its very distracting due the issue showed by average_pilot.

Edited by Gryzor

6 hours ago, Gryzor said:

Anyone has this issue in the latest update?

Yes. Makes me feel like I’m on the brink of a seizure. What file(s) do I need to delete to make the high-intensity, rapidly flashing prop disc render the same way in both eyes? I’ll settle for it rendering in one eye only as long as it makes this stop. 

I have it fixed for now by myself.

I attach a mixed file from previous beta update, and the new update, which fixes this issuel (aircrew.fx). Yoo have to put in bazar\shaders\enlight (make a backup of the previous one file)

The file which cause this issue in VR is aircrew.fx

@Ed: please look at this with carefull, seems that some shader edit break things. 

airscrew.fx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Gryzor said:

I attach a mixed file from previous beta update, and the new update, which fixes this issuel (aircrew.fx). Yoo have to put in bazar\shaders\enlight (make a backup of the previous one file)

@Ed: please look at this with carefull, seems that some shader edit break things. 

airscrew.fx 6 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you! I’ll try this and see how it goes. 
Edit: works wonderfully with my Index and 2080ti. Exactly what was needed. So...big thanks to the ED customer who answered with a solution 😉

Edited by Moriarty

5 hours ago, Moriarty said:

Thank you! I’ll try this and see how it goes. 
Edit: works wonderfully with my Index and 2080ti. Exactly what was needed. So...big thanks to the ED customer who answered with a solution 😉

You welcome. I hope ED´s would fix it in the next betaupdate.

@ED: we have many L eye not rendered error at some distances - subtle, but disturbing -, like carrier crew cothing, LSO lights, etc... We have such errors since 1 year ago since 2.5.6 appears... so please, could you get some love to VR users? I´m glad about 2.7 clouds, but for VR we have many glitches now... take into account that entusiasts people like us buy every module (spending a lot of $$$, personally I bought 1.000 € or so... since 2011) many of us have a VR device. So take it more seriously the VR users when updating the sim, many times appears that VR is not a priority. Thanks.

Edited by Gryzor
  • Like 5

On 4/25/2021 at 10:33 AM, Gryzor said:

airscrew.fx 6 kB · 18 downloads

thanks!  I made this into a mod to apply via JSGME.  I'll check it out later this morning.  😀

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

ok I was wondering, if this was reported. thanks

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

On 4/28/2021 at 6:32 PM, average_pilot said:

It also seems to be better just commenting out the line 167 from current patch's airscrew.fx

//acc.xyz += atm.inscatter * acc.a;

Does this also stop the same colour issue on the canopy? 

edit: please see issue of this issue 

Edited by hazzer

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

2 hours ago, average_pilot said:

I guess not. I didn't saw that before though. Anyway, it's pretty safe, I think. Backup the original just in case. But it's as easy as adding or removing the comment slashes.

Yeah I have fixed the prop issue by commenting it out. This weird canopy issue still exists however. Interesting as it appeared at the same time as the prop issue. 

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

On 5/4/2021 at 1:08 PM, hazzer said:

Yeah I have fixed the prop issue by commenting it out. This weird canopy issue still exists however. Interesting as it appeared at the same time as the prop issue. 

turn off cockpit global shading. in the graphics menu

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

It probably isn't related, but is of a similar kind of nature to what I see with helicopter rotors - I know they don't use the new propeller effects, but in one eye, at low rotor RPM, the blades are blurred but in the other eye a solid blade is rendered. Makes for very confusing viewing. There's basically a discrepency between when each eyes render switches to the blurred image of the rotor blades - one switches much later than the other.

Not sure if anybody else is seeing this. If I recall correctly, I've seen it with both the Hip and the Huey (I can't remember checking the Ka50).

2 hours ago, ARM505 said:

It probably isn't related, but is of a similar kind of nature to what I see with helicopter rotors - I know they don't use the new propeller effects, but in one eye, at low rotor RPM, the blades are blurred but in the other eye a solid blade is rendered. Makes for very confusing viewing. There's basically a discrepency between when each eyes render switches to the blurred image of the rotor blades - one switches much later than the other.

Not sure if anybody else is seeing this. If I recall correctly, I've seen it with both the Hip and the Huey (I can't remember checking the Ka50).

Not the same issue as this thread but yes that is another thing that drives me insane! 

On 5/5/2021 at 9:39 PM, 71st_Mastiff said:

turn off cockpit global shading. in the graphics menu

It is off

On 5/6/2021 at 10:21 PM, jurinko said:

Gryzor, your fix does not work anymore after the last patch. Can you please make a new one, thanks.

The file I uploaded works in latest patch (after you´re aply the patch, you´ve to overwrite the file again, don´t forget make a backup of the original)

Edited by Gryzor

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 1:54 PM, hazzer said:

Does this also stop the same colour issue on the canopy? 

edit: please see issue of this issue 

This issue with the prop and canopy is still present in the latest open beta. Please fix ASAP. 

• Like 1

I can confirm, that efect exist, also confirm that commenting the line

acc.xyz += atm.inscatter * acc.a; in the airscrew.fx file cures the issue.

But the probability, that someone from ED will check our issue without track file attached is very, very low...

So I did. Here:

• Like 2

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

On 6/3/2021 at 1:42 PM, wju said:

I can confirm, that efect exist, also confirm that commenting the line

acc.xyz += atm.inscatter * acc.a; in the airscrew.fx file cures the issue.

But the probability, that someone from ED will check our issue without track file attached is very, very low...

So I did. Here:

Do you have the flicker on other objects like the canopy, light housings as well? I seem to get that, the airscrew fixes the prop issue but not this secondary issue for me 😞

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 8:20 AM, hazzer said:

Do you have the flicker on other objects like the canopy, light housings as well? I seem to get that, the airscrew fixes the prop issue but not this secondary issue for me 😞

Yes, the trick with acc.xyz += atm.inscatter * acc.a does not solve the cannopy flickering. It does not mean, that the root of bug is not the same. Anyway, feel free to post the bug with track file attached. 😉

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX