SLI causing extreme flickering

Azazel

I use Nvidia Inspector to get full usage of both my cards but since the 2.7 update I now have extreme screen flickering.  If I revert to global settings it goes away but so does my full usage of both graphics cards in SLI and my FPS plummets.  Anyone figured out a fix for this?  I had been using this guy's guide to getting SLI to work in DCS but it needs an update now that 2.7 is out.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

although I am the original poster of the guide you linked to, unfortunately I can't help much. I have moved to VR since I posted that guide and no longer have a pc with a SLI setup to test or update methods for 2.7 (SLI doesn't work with most VR implementations)

Nevertheless, the experience I had when setting up SLI with 2.5.x and flicker issues is that it usually was associated with something that was rendering the image every other frame (ex: previous cloud render methods, MFD's, mirrors, etc.). You could try forcing render every frame in DCS and/or different SLI compatibility bits in Nvidia Inspector but I don't know if that will fix the problem that you are having. I wish you luck. I always thought SLI was a great way to push more performance (in fact, it was the ONLY thing that made DCS playable for me when I was running on a different box) so I hope somebody can figure it out for 2.7.x 

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply.  On my end the flickering does seem to be coming from the clouds, sun, cockpit reflections - no ground objects are doing it as far as I can tell.  In the past, I've found that if I wait long enough someone finds a fix or a patch resolves it.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 9 months later...

tbh, SLI has been all but abandoned for gaming, even by Nvdia, its really only used for production workloads now,  it had such a small adoption rate they really never put much effort into sorting the drivers out and devs also had to dedicate precious time to getting it to work in games without being a horrendous mess.  this further reduced adoption rates to the point where the current gen cards dont even have the adaptor save the 3090, 

so i wouldn't expect great things even if you can get your cards to both function in DCS, micro stutter, frame drops, possible lower perofrmance than a single card and crashes were all too common on my old titan SLI system. 

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM