F-15C totally radar and rockets fail.

Nahen

The real APG-63 radar in version (V2) with which the F-15C planes were equipped at the turn of 1990-2000, according to the manufacturer's data - Raytheon - allowed to detect a target with the RCS coefficient of 1 square meter from a distance of 145 km - 78 miles. The Su-27 has an RCS coefficient of approximately 15 square meters. A target of this size should be detected by this radar from a minimum distance of 170-180 km - 90-100 miles. Aircraft with a factor similar to the F-15 and F-14 - RCS 15 square meters to 25 square meters should be detected from 90-100 to even 150-160 miles.

Until a few days ago, the radar was working in a way that was quite acceptable. It is a tragedy at the moment.

Another issue is the Active and Semi-Active rockets.

According to the manufacturer, Aim-7 Sparrow in M and later versions allows you to lock the target at around 70 km - 37-40 miles.
Currently in DCS Sparrow M / MH sometimes lock at 20 miles ... A farce...

The AiM-120 AMRAAM C-5 enables target blocking at distances over 105 km - 60+ miles.
Currently, blocking the target at a distance of 30-35 miles should be considered a success in the DCS.
Another failure.

Currently, the speed and height at which the projectile is fired is completely irrelevant. After all, whether it will be 1Ma or 2.3Ma and an altitude of 20,000 or 50,000 feet AiM-120-C5 will not catch a target above 30-35 sometimes 40 miles ...

Thank you for navigation lights, anti-collision lights, formation lights and searchlights. They finally work and look like they should. Although the F-15C is not a "full fidelity" module, I think that a large part of people associated around DCS World this plane have a quite firmly in ours "aviation" hearts. Please try to do something about it so that its basic systems - radar and weapons - work as they should.

I will just add that I know perfectly well that the range at which the rocket "catches" the target is one thing, and the probability of hitting / knocking it off is another. But to castrate the F-15C from its core strengths, which made it a Cold War aviation era legend and still is that legend, is downright "aviation barbarism" in my opinion.

I know that there is a large group of users of other modules for which the F-15C is a "splinter in the eye" and the last time (about a year) after bringing his systems to as such conforming to the original was a start period of "hatred" for this module through the prism: " why the more expensive modules for which I pay a lot of money can't handle such a cheap thing like F-15C? "," How is it possible that the super hyper TomCat can't win with non-clickable F-15C ?? "

Hopefully the changes to the module are a result of software "bugs", conflicts between software sections etc, and not "doing good" to people flying other modules.

Please verify and possible corrections in the F-15C module.

Greetings.

Your post is very strange.

41 minutes ago, Nahen said:

The real APG-63 radar in version (V2) with which the F-15C planes were equipped at the turn of 1990-2000, according to the manufacturer's data - Raytheon - allowed to detect a target with the RCS coefficient of 1 square meter from a distance of 145 km - 78 miles. The Su-27 has an RCS coefficient of approximately 15 square meters. A target of this size should be detected by this radar from a minimum distance of 170-180 km - 90-100 miles. Aircraft with a factor similar to the F-15 and F-14 - RCS 15 square meters to 25 square meters should be detected from 90-100 to even 150-160 miles.

Until a few days ago, the radar was working in a way that was quite acceptable. It is a tragedy at the moment.

The F-15's radar has never had the correct range. I don't think it's changed in ~20 years

According to the manufacturer, Aim-7 Sparrow in M and later versions allows you to lock the target at around 70 km - 37-40 miles.
Currently in DCS Sparrow M / MH sometimes lock at 20 miles ... A farce...

The AiM-120 AMRAAM C-5 enables target blocking at distances over 105 km - 60+ miles.
Currently, blocking the target at a distance of 30-35 miles should be considered a success in the DCS.
Another failure.

Currently, the speed and height at which the projectile is fired is completely irrelevant. After all, whether it will be 1Ma or 2.3Ma and an altitude of 20,000 or 50,000 feet AiM-120-C5 will not catch a target above 30-35 sometimes 40 miles ..

Fly at high speed and altitude. The AMRAAM can easily reach 60 miles. I don't remember for the AIM-7, but beyond 30 miles should be easy. The launch parameters absolutely impact missile performance. That was the entire point of AFM missiles that started development years ago.

And there is already a thread of F-15 radar range in the FC3 part of the forum.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

1 hour ago, Exorcet said:

Your post is very strange.

The F-15's radar has never had the correct range. I don't think it's changed in ~20 years

Fly at high speed and altitude. The AMRAAM can easily reach 60 miles. I don't remember for the AIM-7, but beyond 30 miles should be easy. The launch parameters absolutely impact missile performance. That was the entire point of AFM missiles that started development years ago.

And there is already a thread of F-15 radar range in the FC3 part of the forum.

The fact that in DCS the radar in the F-15C module never reflected the real thing, I know from the time it came out 😉

But the last one year or so, it worked in an "acceptable" way. It detected targets the size of a bomber in favorable conditions at distances of 110-120 miles, fighters of the Su-27, MiG-25/31, MiG-23 at distances of 70-90 miles. Pretty good by DCS standards. The day before yesterday, yesterday and today detects nothing more than 60-70 miles.

I wrote about rockets and the dependence of height and speed. For a few days now, it doesn't matter what altitude or speed you fly. AMRAAM will not lock a target beyond 40 miles. Previously, when flying at 2-2.4 Ma at an altitude of 45,000-50,000 feet, the AMRAAMs could catch a target at 60-70 miles.
Now it is completely irrelevant with how speed and altitude you flying.

Nothing has changed with either the AMRAAM or F-15 radar recently.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Nothing has been changed in the radar and AMRAAMs but the radar is suddenly blind and the rockets are useless ... somehow from two or three days ago, the last "minipatch" has "repaired" radar and rockets? 

I have idea - Maybe instead of writing that nothing has changed, check?

8 hours ago, Nahen said:

Nothing has been changed in the radar and AMRAAMs but the radar is suddenly blind and the rockets are useless ... somehow from two or three days ago, the last "minipatch" has "repaired" radar and rockets? 

I have idea - Maybe instead of writing that nothing has changed, check?

Id say the same to you, as ive used both the AMRAAMs and F-15 extensively this patch.

Perhaps you need to "check" why your missiles are missing, and post actual tracks/tacviews? Not posting them seems to be the latest excuse to rant around here.

• Like 2

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Had this problem in the 2.5.6 too. I set up a mission with an f-15 and a flanker coaltitude @38000 ft, couldn't see and lock the flanker before 40 miles ..

Hope we'll get better radar simulation with the F-15E

R5 5600x @ 4.6Ghz | B550 Gigabyte Aorus Pro | beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | 64GB Team DARK Zα @3600Mhz |  Samsung nmve 1TB | RTX 4070ti MSI | DELANCLiP HT | Oculus Quest 2

Get my skins & missions >>   Check my DCS Awesome List >>

• 2 weeks later...

The last patches officially did not apply to the F-15C module. Even so, they broke the work of the radar in this module. If someone does not understand this, what can I do about it? The truth is that the last patch fixed what the previous ones broke. Although once again, it officially did not change anything about the F-15C module. Apparently, the coders don't really know what dependencies have developed over the years of changes between modules. Changing something in eg Mirage2000 simultaneously changes something else in other modules completely unconsciously.
Today, the radar in the F-15C is working again as it should. There are no problems detecting fighter-sized targets at distances of 70-90 miles depending on the target's and F-15C's flight conditions / parameters. Detects conventional bombers (Tu-95 / Tu-142) from 150-160 miles. And let it stay that way.