New Clouds and Poor Drivers

Having a couple problems I was hoping to get help with...

1. How to you keep your flight from running into you on the ground? I've had it happen twice now on mission one, once on the runway and once on the taxi way holding short of the runway.

2. When I am able to get off the ground, seems that the new clouds make it impossible to see the red smoke from above them at the 15k feet. I tried going under them on the way out but with the mountains it doesn't seem you can stay under them.

I'm pretty new to DCS so am learning along the way, using the Campaign as an excuse to focus on one aircraft and learn the sim at the same time.

Oh... and I'm doing it all in VR, AND using Vaicom Pro (VoiceAttack) so that adds it's own set of challenges 🙂

I have it happen occasionally. Once you hear "Two, rolling" you pretty much have to get out onto the runway without going slowly or stopping or you will get rear ended. I never radio for permission to taxi as I am under the impression that delays things a bit (could be wrong about that) but you still have to be careful.

• Like 1

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

47 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

I have it happen occasionally. Once you hear "Two, rolling" you pretty much have to get out onto the runway without going slowly or stopping or you will get rear ended. I never radio for permission to taxi as I am under the impression that delays things a bit (could be wrong about that) but you still have to be careful.

Yea I heard one of the Youtube guys doing the mission mention it also so knew it wasn't just me. I guess the AI doesn't take kindly to 'dilly-dallying' 🙂