Problem with mission 2.

Loki 1-1

Hello, really great work on the campaign. However I have a issue in Mission 2. At the start of the mission before take off - the co pilot calls the tower to ask permission to take off. The tower the ask us to hold. Then the tower ask us to get ready for immidate take off. After that nothing is said any more. I have waited for 10 mintues and nothing. I tried flying the cargo and when I dropped it off the co pilot said to wait for Wolf 1. I checked to F2 cam and Wolf 1 was still at butami airport and had not taken off. Something is broken for me and I cannot get past the dialog that says get ready for immidate take off. I am on version 2,7 open beta. Anyone know something about this?

Indeed, I just tested, the mission does not take place after the message of the tower to prepare for takeoff. I tried with the mission of version 2.5 with the beta 2.7, it does not even start. And French translations are partially broken ... In the mission 4, Wolf1 has a lot of trouble landing to dropp off the troops at the 1st LZ in the mountains... sloping ground (again ???)

Unfortunate 2.7 broke every mission in some way.
Most of the issues are AI behavior, which leads to broken triggers ...
Working hard on fixing these problems and also bring up the campaign to a 2.7 technical standard. This means implementing new objects and, together with invisible FARB's the possibility of rearming and refueling during the mission.
Mission 1 to 3 is already fixed and send to ED. Mission 4 will follow today. Altogether the work and thereby time needed is much greater than expected.

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i just tried mission 2 and flight lead took off after instructing to remain at ground idle, all the radio triggers were messed up too. I followed him and he landed somewhere else in the airfield and then refused to proceed with the mission when cleared by the tower. Looking forward to a fix soon hopefully! 🙂

Am 7.5.2021 um 23:19 schrieb Bagpipe:

Yeah i just tried mission 2 and flight lead took off after instructing to remain at ground idle, all the radio triggers were messed up too. I followed him and he landed somewhere else in the airfield and then refused to proceed with the mission when cleared by the tower. Looking forward to a fix soon hopefully! 🙂

Please check the version you are using.

Always happy landings ;)

Am 7.5.2021 um 23:19 schrieb Bagpipe:

Does this happen right at the beginning of the Mission?
So you are ahead of the starting procedure.
Please refer to the UH-1 checklist. Do not startup or bring the engine to flight idle bevor told to do so by your Commanding Officer.
The Mission uses switches, gauges, and rotor RPM values to trigger different actions, such as radio talk or AI behavior. 
If you do not stick to the startup procedures and the clearances given, you mess up the triggers.

In this Mission, WOLF 1 is moving to the maintenance area while you have to wait for the landing aircraft (Jack40). Then you are ordered to fly along the coast to Batumi harbor.

If you not sure, please check the video. 

https://youtu.be/wivgTALKzf8

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

2 hours ago, CHPL said:

Does this happen right at the beginning of the Mission?
So you are ahead of the starting procedure.
Please refer to the UH-1 checklist. Do not startup or bring the engine to flight idle bevor told to do so by your Commanding Officer.
The Mission uses switches, gauges, and rotor RPM values to trigger different actions, such as radio talk or AI behavior. 
If you do not stick to the startup procedures and the clearances given, you mess up the triggers.

In this Mission, WOLF 1 is moving to the maintenance area while you have to wait for the landing aircraft (Jack40). Then you are ordered to fly along the coast to Batumi harbor.

If you not sure, please check the video. 

https://youtu.be/wivgTALKzf8

Hmm...yeah it might be the flight idle thing which borked the whole lot.

So just leave it in low idle until he tells me to ramp it up. No sweat.

Cheers! 🍻

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with the second mission myself, but it is quite different.
When I completed the mission for the first time, I've received a message telling me the mission was successful. However, DCS crashed a few seconds later, and my progression was lost.
I flew half of the mission the second time and tried the "proceed to mission 3" option, but DCS crashed again a few seconds later. 

Is the logic triggering the mission ending crashing the game in some way ?

Also, it may or may not be related, but I can't startup the engine unless asking for ground power somehow ? It looks like the engine refuses to light up (no EGT rise, and N1 stuck around 20%). Batt ON, Start/Gen, main gen ON+covered, Fuel pump ON and throttle to idle. Once I ask for ground power, the engine lights up and starts as expected and then I turn the inverter ON. Am I missing something ?

Cheers.

EDIT: I'm using the latest open beta version of DCS

Edited by le troll des bos

I checked the mission twice and found no issues.
If the fuel pump is on and throttle at ground idle, EGT shud start rising above 10% N1.

Do you use any MOD'S?
Explosions are a common sign of interfering with a MOD.

Always happy landings ;)

3 hours ago, CHPL said:

I checked the mission twice and found no issues.
If the fuel pump is on and throttle at ground idle, EGT shud start rising above 10% N1.

Do you use any MOD'S?
Explosions are a common sign of interfering with a MOD.

Hi there, I have no MODS installed, I'm running a vanilla open beta DCS

I tried once again tonight and was able to cheat my way to mission 3 through the F10 menu without crashing. I was recording to document it and, of course, everything worked flawlessly this time.
I can't tell what I did differently, except maybe the comm radio which wasn't switched to preset 2 on my first 2 tries... That's all I can think of really.

As for the engine startup, it also worked as expected this time.

Maybe I didn't quite opened the throttle far enough before start-up on my first two tries on saturday. I can clealy remember opening full, then return to idle before trying to re-start my engine though, plus I didn't touch the throttle after asking for ground power and that did the trick, soooo... I dunno really.

Anyways, you can cross this off as "resolved".

Cheers.

@le troll des bos

Thank you very much for reporting.

Radios may stop the mission from progressing but do not correlate with engine Startup or explosions whatsoever. 

But I am glad you proceed to mission three. 

Again, thanks for your feedback. Save me a lot of time, searching.  :thumbsup:

Always happy landings ;)