"Keep cursor in window" setting does not work

andremsmv

The "keep cursor in window" checkbox under the VR options does not seem to change much, or do anything for that matter. It is still quite easy to accidentally click away from the DCS tab, especially when clicking something in the lower left or right side of my field of view.

• Like 4

Yeah it don't work, I use alt+Enter to go full screen to keep mouse cursor confined to game window.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Same problem here 🙁

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

I've noticed the same thing during a couple of sessions that I've had the opportunity since 2.7 was released.

Edited by Dodge

Regards,
Paul "Dodge / LondonLad" 

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, VPC WarBRD-D Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, Thrustmaster HOTAS Throttle, VPC ACE Interceptor PedalsVKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset, Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset, & TrackIR

Group: DCAF (Now Left, but a great group to be apart of - UK Based)

Yep, same here. Very annoying 😞 

Somehow 2.7 changed (resized) the DCS window, making the Windows task bar now overlap the DCS window

Untitled.jpg

Since then, every time I click something in the lower end of my VR vision (such as cockpit switches and menu buttons like the MP briefing button) I get the "Window out of focus" message.... Resulting in me having to blindfolded find my keyboard and the alt-tab buttons...

I also tried alt-enter, but somehow that limited my mouse to only be used in the center area of my vision (couldn't move my mouse to the left and right 1/3 of my Reverb screen)

@BIGNEWY or @NineLine, could you please bring this under the attention of the team?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team

I will ask the team. 

You can resize the window as a work around.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

21 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

I will ask the team. 

You can resize the window as a work around.

Thanks @BIGNEWY, but could you please explain to me how to resize the DCS window?

As you can see in my screenshot, I'm not able to get my cursor to the lower right corner of the DCS window (where I'd expect to be able to resize).

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team

Go to the vr tab in the settings and tick use dcs resolution see if it helps

I have different settings for VR and save them so I can switch between them, I use a lower resolution for my mirror and tick use dcs resolution for mirror

also are you mirroring twice in windows mixed reality also?

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I do have the same Problem.

When you start DCS for WMR it automatically mirrors a second instance. It is possible to minimize that window but I don't know how to force it to only one ore none mirroring.

Any advise would be highly appreciated.

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Go to the vr tab in the settings and tick use dcs resolution see if it helps

I have different settings for VR and save them so I can switch between them, I use a lower resolution for my mirror and tick use dcs resolution for mirror

also are you mirroring twice in windows mixed reality also?

Thanks for helping BN :thumbup:

Unfortunately ticking the "use DCS resolution" didn't help. I even restarted DCS just in case, but the problem still persists as you can see:

2021_04_26_15_10_14_.jpg

As for the double mirroring, just like @Darkowl I'd really like to know how to get rid of one. I need all the performance I can get 😅

System specs:

• ED Team

In the main settings in dcs you have saved your options in one of the three saves. 

I would suggest using one of the saves as your VR settings, and select a desktop resolution that is smaller than usual, then save. 

when you use these settings and use dcs resolution ticked the mirror will be the same size as the resolution you have selected for dcs main settings. 

I need to search for disabling the WMR I dont remember, I think there was a play button on the mirror you could press?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just checked it and it works so far.

@sirrah

You have to make sure to set a lower  DCS resolution than your actual Monitor / Windows resolution.

Otherwise the mirror is just your system resolution and not smaller.

Edited by Darkowl
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darkowl said:

I just checked it and it works so far.

@sirrah

You have to make sure to set a lower  DCS resolution than your actual Monitor / Windows resolution.

Otherwise the mirror is just your system resolution and not smaller.

Ah ok, I missed that part. Thanks. I'll give that a try on my next DCS session :thumbup:

System specs:

I ran into the same problem, but found out that you can completely modify the desktop mirror now. You can set it to a very small window if you want, this way it will not interfere with the taskbar.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

4 hours ago, RealDCSpilot said:

I ran into the same problem, but found out that you can completely modify the desktop mirror now. You can set it to a very small window if you want, this way it will not interfere with the taskbar.

Didn't get the chance to test this yet, but I'm a bit concerned that it'll mess up my PointCTRL, just like full screen (alt-enter) does.

System specs:

I have the same issue using the Rift-S.  My monitor is 1920x1080 and upon launch the sim fills the entire screen.  I have full screen unchecked.  Will try some of the remedies suggested here.   This has messed up my OBS recordings in that the aircraft renders out of proportion.  A by product of the problem no doubt.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I found my issue recording in OBS.  Had to uncheck "Use DCS System Resolution" and set "Mirror Eye Source" to Left, (or right as you prefer), check "Crop To Rectangle"  By doing so I was able to get the proper aspect ratio in OBS window for recording purposes.  I also find the if I don't use Alt+Enter for full screen mode my mouse tends to stutter in cockpit.  I always use Alt+Enter since it provides a larger clickable area in the cockpit while in VR.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I'm not sure if this is related to the mouse not being bound to the window or not but DCS is creating two separate "box_mouse_cursor" settings in the options.lua

One is under [VR] and the other is under [graphics]. Tested with a completely default options file newly generated by a clean DCS launch.

options = {
	["VR"] = {
		["box_mouse_cursor"] = true,
	},
	["graphics"] = {
		["box_mouse_cursor"] = false,
	},
}

@BIGNEWY Thoughts?

Edited by FoxTwo

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Same here, sometimes it works for a short amount of time and then my mouse cursor is back on the desktop and i only see it when i am able to find the window with the cursor. 

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick