Phoenix 2.7

KoN

Since update has anyone tested online . ??

Seem to miss all air targets even if tracked up to 16 seconds .

Which means I'm really close to their envelope of AA. 

Any ideas has anyone had good Kill ratio  with 2.7 online . 

With The Phoenix has any notices drop in Kill . 

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

2 hours ago, KoN said:

With The Phoenix has anyone notices a drop in AA Kills . 

I Fired total of eight - 54s onto TWS targets with count downs and there were no hits . In Two missions . 

Also STT locked up to 13 seconds and still a miss . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

3 hours ago, KoN said:

I Fired total of eight - 54s onto TWS targets with count downs and there were no hits . In Two missions . 

Also STT locked up to 13 seconds and still a miss . 

What did the targets do? Did they dfend properly? Beam and chaff? Again, I fired several 54's against a buddy in a 1v1 training environment and a couple on a PvP server. TWS A worked flawlessly even. Show me a tacview and the launch parameters then we can analyze those shots.

It was down to dysic on the server . Tried again in a later server and got hits . 

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

7 hours ago, KoN said:

With The Phoenix has any notices drop in Kill . 

Had kills both in air-quake like PvP and mission oriented PvE. Same rule apply. Tracking needs to be maintained at the very least till the numbers start flashing, not 16TTI. Work with radar elevation and target size selector for optimal results.

• Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Had kills both in air-quake like PvP and mission oriented PvE. Same rule apply. Tracking needs to be maintained at the very least till the numbers start flashing, not 16TTI. Work with radar elevation and target size selector for optimal results.

Doesn’t TWS A handle the elevation automatically? Just glancing over this thread and wondering for everyone’s benefit.

Disregard. I forgot that it’s centroid tracking which means if three bandits stay high and one goes low, the lower bandit can still escape the radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

20 hours ago, Eagle7907 said:

Doesn’t TWS A handle the elevation automatically? Just glancing over this thread and wondering for everyone’s benefit.

Disregard. I forgot that it’s centroid tracking which means if three bandits stay high and one goes low, the lower bandit can still escape the radar.

If you have human RIO, then RIO can mark specific target as Mandatory target, making it a priority for AWG9 for tracking

On 4/25/2021 at 9:29 PM, Skysurfer said:

I'd even say that apart from the CCM the Phoenix is in a pretty good spot right now.

I agree 🙂 Ironically TWS (in the F-14 at least) is quite a bit more reliable than STT at the moment, and the Phoenix is at its best since quite some time. 

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Does it still do these violent yawing motions in the final phase when its coming down from a loft shot? I mean when you look at the missile in outside view and the missile makes some strange oscillating movements which does very little to change its actual flightpath but uses up a lot of energy?

regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

15 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

I agree 🙂 Ironically TWS (in the F-14 at least) is quite a bit more reliable than STT at the moment, and the Phoenix is at its best since quite some time. 

I have to bite my tongue on the previous comments that i have never hit anything with PD-STT in DCS with the Phoenix (SP), as this weekend i had specifically targeted AI bandits in STT from BVR and managed to keep a good lock (and thus get a kill) on 3 out of 4 shots. Yeah, not much of a statistical sample size, but still. The key is not to do ANY violent maneuvers and keep the bandits above the horizon. How much above? Can't tell with so few attempts, but my kills were all above 30 deg at splash. I used the BVR instant action on the Persian Gulf as a training ground.

On 4/25/2021 at 9:48 PM, Eagle7907 said:

Yep. So going bellow the lowest contact of the group, hitting reset, PLM or PAL, then waiting for Jester to re-sort can help. If the entire group is above the horizon, then your chances improve significantly.

15 hours ago, Snappy said:

Does it still do these violent yawing motions in the final phase when its coming down from a loft shot? I mean when you look at the missile in outside view and the missile makes some strange oscillating movements which does very little to change its actual flightpath but uses up a lot of energy?

regards,

Snappy

Not sure. I spend so much focus and attention trying to keep the bandits above me or at the very least with macroscopic closure rates, that i hadn't had the chance to follow the missile in external view. Maybe i should check the Tackview tracks....

Edited by captain_dalan

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

18 hours ago, Snappy said:

regards,

Snappy

Sorta. The de-loft and active transition are still a bit wonky but that's just the DCS missile API I guess and not much HB can do about.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Skysurfer,

would be good if ED got around to improving their side of things. Given how slow things are moving with the other missiles, I'm not optimistic though.

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

1 hour ago, Skysurfer said:

Sorta. The de-loft and active transition are still a bit wonky but that's just the DCS missile API I guess and not much HB can do about.

IMHO it does VERY violently. AIM-120 doesn't behave that way, try to look at them in F6 view.

Not that it changed in 2.7, it was the same before, but some tweaking is definetely needed. Moreso, more aggressive AI maneuvering and evasion made things worse.

2 hours ago, UWBuRn said:

IMHO it does VERY violently. AIM-120 doesn't behave that way, try to look at them in F6 view.

Not that it changed in 2.7, it was the same before, but some tweaking is definetely needed. Moreso, more aggressive AI maneuvering and evasion made things worse.

Yeah that is true. No idea if HB are on the full new API or know how to properly use it with the PN coefficients.