ATC Approach mode

haffende

Yep. You'll find the button called "ATC" in the HOTAS Section.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

"T"

It will hold up to full mill 100%

You'll see the throttle move

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 2 years later...

Flaps to Half and Gear Down. ATC engaged will keep on speed AOA for the glide slope you are at the moment you press the button. You can adjust slope by pulling or pushing the stick (trim does not work for me)

- "It's better to reign in hell than to serve in Heaven"

Modules: A-4E-C Skyhawk, A-10C II Tank Killer, AJS37 Viggen, AV-8B Harrier, F-14B Tomcat, F-15C Eagle, F-16C Viper, F/A-18C Hornet, MIG-21 Fishbed, MIG-29, SU-27, SU-33

Maps: Caucasus, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier

Rig: i7 4790 / Nvidia GTX 1070 Strix / 16GB RAM DDR3 1600 MHz / 256 GB SSD / Windows 10

Setup: ThrustMaster TWCS Throttle, Titanwolf "Vulture" Stick, DelanClip PRO, Home-made universal Cockpit panel

3 hours ago, hreich said:

Does ATC works in normal flight? How does it work?

The only ATC mode implemented at the moment is Cruise ATC. It just maintains the current IAS when engaged. Works well.

Don't try to use Approach ATC at the moment. It's not implemented and it doesn't work how it should i.e maintain an AOA rather than IAS. It will get messy if you try.

4 hours ago, hreich said:

Is it still work in progress?

image.png

Yes, not implemented properly yet.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

For the Devs the ATC holds AoA only, so for approach it holds that AoA not speed. You set your AoA and it does the rest, changes in pitch/roll and it will go back to the AoA set when the button was pushed.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

7 hours ago, AvroLanc said:

The only ATC mode implemented at the moment is Cruise ATC. It just maintains the current IAS when engaged. Works well.

Don't try to use Approach ATC at the moment. It's not implemented and it doesn't work how it should i.e maintain an AOA rather than IAS. It will get messy if you try.

It does work, its just jank. I encourage you to give it a try, hold your nerve as it chops the throttle it will come back.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Just now, Swiftwin9s said:

It does work, its just jank. I encourage you to give it a try, hold your nerve as it chops the throttle it will come back.

Yeah OK, I've avoided it because I know it's not done 'properly'. It will lead to frustration, but yeah I'll give it a go next time.