VKB Grip Display Stand

Waxer

• 2 weeks later...

Eduard at VKB Europe got back to my question direct to him: expected in approximately two months. I think we should all treat this as a best faith estimate, not a promise.

(Thanks StreakEagle: I saw your display rack... nice job. I do have woodwork skills and a workshop, but I'd rather the neat VKB stands once they are available.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
On 7/12/2021 at 6:13 PM, Milou said:

Available in USA now. EU availability? Did send an email to ask VKB Europe last week (7th July), but they failed to respond.

We will ask Edward to reply.

• Like 1

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

• 3 weeks later...

I've gotta say it... I am really disappointed by the poor customer service from VKB Europe:

7 July sent and email to VKB Europe asking when to expect availability of these grip stands which were already available for sale on the VKB North America webstore. This email was ignored / no response. So I posted on the Eagle Dynamics forum. Response from Aerogator saying that he would pass a message on to VKB Europe. Still no response from VKB Europe. So about a week ago now I raised another enquiry via the VKB Europe website. I am still being ignored. 

I get that there is a pandemic going on and global supply chains are all messed up. But these parts are available in the US have have been for at least a month now. Maybe the European distributer knows that the parts are on a container and expected to arrive in August 2021 or whatever. Maybe you don't know. Would it hurt to communicate with your existing customers?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Leaving aside the dealer's long silence here is what I can tell (I got this information today): the recent container shipment that was supposed to leave for Europe is still sitting in Shenzhen because of the global shortage of shipping containers.

We more or less cover for it by flying European orders to the dealership. This is bad for us but still OK as long as we fly joysticks and grips. But flying holders is economically unreasonable.

This is a very lousy excuse, I know. I do want to make sure you're happy, and I sincerely appreciate your willing to buy the holder. Just the timing is really really bad.

On a side note: we had a talk with the dealer today. Let's see how soon the situation with the containers changes.

• Like 1

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Thank you AeroGator.

I am fine with the delay. I appreciate the the pandemic has made logistics planning even more complicated than it usually is. Realistically it sounds like it could be a considerable wait yet before these parts hit Europe. It is just nice to know what is going on; I got a buddy planning to travel to Europe from the States later this year, so it might be easier to ask him to take some things in his luggage for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]