Open Letter to ED on Inexplicable Decisions

VGlusica

Dear ED,

Your decision to lock weapons .LUA files is one of the most inexplicable decisions you have ever made.  Your statement: "On popular demand we have locked the LUA files relating to weapon systems," I suspect to be patently false.  I have spent some time combing forums available to us here and I have failed to find one entry calling for this.  As a matter of fact, as recently as a couple of months back you repeatedly assured the modding community that you would not do this.  I am not part of the "online community." I am, however, aware that "online community" and server operators have always had an ability to run integrity checks and by means of this level the playing field and ensure that no cheating occurs.  What has changed?  In addition, I am aware that a number of online groups and squadrons who used personal modds to suit their own purposes.  Do they not count?

Ultimately I can only speak for myself.  I never fly online, so if I make modifications to the game files it affects absolutely no one.  Why isn't my enjoyment of the game, and those others like me, just as important?  Apparently I do not count and you do not want my business.  One of the things that especially irks me is the underhanded way in which this change was brought about.  If you were truly so concerned about the input of the community, why not announce this decision and allow the "community" to sound off on it in an egalitarian and transparent way.  

I fully understand that DCS is ED's platform and that ED has the ability to change how that platform is used, but it is also important to understand that ED has established a certain pattern of use and changing that pattern without any warning or notification might represent a problem for some of us.  As for me I have to say that by popular demand I will not spend a red cent with ED or any other developer until these files are unlocked. 

Good night and good luck,

VGlusica

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

Has we have stated, the decision was made for the integrity and security of the sim, including MP.

You can still view these files, and modding or adding mods is mostly unaffected. We are also continuing to improve support of community modding. 

Thanks

• Like 6

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png