DCS WW2 P47 straight and level flight? impossible? what am I doing wrong?

Ravent

I am starting to fly DCS.

I can't manage to fly straight and leveled in the plane unless I always keep touching the joystick controls and make corections.

But it is 100% imposible for me to fly straight and leveled.

There is no way to regulate the turn and pitch of the plane?

I guess it is with the ruder, elevation and aleron trim. But I can't get it to fly steadily.The plane keeps climbing, descending and turning all the time.

Is it not possible to fly straight? without always making corrections with the joystik?

or am I doing something wrong or am I missing something or what is the procedure?

thank you very much

You need to trimm your aircraft everytime you change a Powersetting or your Attitude. Rudder, Elevators and Ailerons. You get used to it after a while. Set some Buttons on your Joystick up for it and start training. Oh and you can´t fly this airplane straight and level without at least a little bit of control input.

Edited by acerus77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Win7 64bit Ultimate / MSI MPOWER Z97 / i7 4790K@4,4GHz / Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E / EVGA GTX980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 / 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 / Creative SB X-Fi / Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB SSD / 1TB WD Black Caviar HD / Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050W / Be Quiet Base 800 / TM Warthog HOTAS / TrackIR 5

What @acerus77 said.

The throttle alone will generate enough torque, depending on pitch and supercharger/turbocharger settings that it will "sway/roll" the nose around. Once you get used to it, and have some type of Hat trim switch, you can set it nice, straight and level. Cruise with ease, hands off.

If you notice, there is a TO (take off trim) setting, which offsets engine torque with rudder trim - same type of theory in flight.

• Thanks 1

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• 1 month later...

I'm with Ravent on this one. Although you can trim the aircraft to 99% precision, there's always that 1% left off, making it impossible to fly it completely hands off for extended periods while keeping same course/altitude precisely. There's no such thing on a P47. You can however trim the aircraft to the point where you can give yourself enough time to get a beer on the fridge without smashing the ground or deviate too much of your intended course. Soon or later, though, the plane *will* start to slightly roll or climb/dive. You must fly the bird, period.

PS: this may help.

Edited by joker68