This software is SO frustrating...

DOMlNO

Can someone explain this? Even when it's working correctly, it doesn't work. Everything seems fine here, we KNOW the command is in there because it just told us it was. We KNOW it recognized the command because it spelled it out. However it just doesn't work. About ready to just give up.

See image: command 'action rooster attack primary target'

command-not-recognized.PNG

I don't think it works like that.  Try saying "Take 10" to select F10, then "Take X" where X is the number of the specific call that you want to make, e.g. when X=3 you're selecting F3 in the radio menu.  Doing that has worked fine for me.

Edit: changed "option" to "take" x2

Edited by Chain_1

Long time ago I stopped trying use any multiword commands and moved to just single word commands.

And for the DCS radio system it is just painful to say "One, Two, Three" and so on do you mean F1, F2 or F3 etc.

The script and all rest that would make easier to just say "Engage Ground Targets" and it would press correct combination/order to do it just cause often problems.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Can someone explain this? Even when it's working correctly, it doesn't work. Everything seems fine here, we KNOW the command is in there because it just told us it was. We KNOW it recognized the command because it spelled it out. However it just doesn't work. About ready to just give up.

command-not-recognized.PNG.6c715d2e5ca3d3da7c53c6a66b2b7e62.PNG
Those are imported commands, and can be a bitch when they're that long. Make a shorter alias.

OR

Like already said. Press a TX and say "options" while KEEPING the TX pressed, then say "Take 10", and so on.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Long time ago I stopped trying use any multiword commands and moved to just single word commands.

And for the DCS radio system it is just painful to say "One, Two, Three" and so on do you mean F1, F2 or F3 etc.

The script and all rest that would make easier to just say "Engage Ground Targets" and it would press correct combination/order to do it just cause often problems.
VAICOM is not Voice Attack. VAICOM doesn't do key presses. It "talks" to DCS "over" the network.
OP is asking about imported special mission/campaign specific commands. Hence the preceding "action". Will be better off adding an alias (will take a long time doing that for every mission/campaign/MP mission), or might be better using the options menu.
Cheers!

4 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

VAICOM is not Voice Attack. VAICOM doesn't do key presses. It "talks" to DCS "over" the network.

Still the fact that multiword phrases to be spoken for the sound recognition systems are not 100% reliable. "Take 10" and so on are as well more confusing than "Ten".

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

command-not-recognized.PNG.6c715d2e5ca3d3da7c53c6a66b2b7e62.PNG
I think the problem is that the F10 commands include a comma and therefore the recognised phrase is not the same as the imported phrase.

Like the others here I use options to bring up the menu and the use Take x.

Importing F10 sounds like a good idea but I rapidly ended up with a large database of words, and still had to look at the menu to work out which F10 phrase was needed

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Still the fact that multiword phrases to be spoken for the sound recognition systems are not 100% reliable. "Take 10" and so on are as well more confusing than "Ten".

I think this is because ten is used as part of many commands and Take 10 makes it clear you are wanting the radio menu option. This saves the software having to do additional work to try and determine the context.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

You never give in do you? Even when you're totally wrong. Must be fantastic to be such an omniscient person!
VAICOM doesn't work this way and has no problem with multiple words. It's structured in different way. But you must know this already. Can't really see how æ you can't.
The "options" and "take" commands are just work arounds that works really well.

I enjoy a lot of your posts Fri. You are very knowledgeable, but sometimes you seem to argue on purpose, and refuse to read what people write. I actually hope it's just a matter of "lost in translation".
Have a nice day!

On 4/25/2021 at 8:06 PM, Fri13 said:

Well that's how VAICOM version 1 worked. It's still available out there for free if you want to try to use it. But Hollywood created the PRO version in part because maintaining a version that used the menus directly required constant updating as well as some difficult mods that modified the menus themselves. (I know, because I contributed some of the mods.) The new system actually works a lot better.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals